Goodbye Jesus

Introducing . . . Doubt Society

TABA

I wanted to give a shout-out to an up-and-coming young Ex-Christian podcaster, YouTuber and blogger named Riley Morgan.  I heard about him and his work when Derek Lambert of MythVision appeared on Riley’s new YT channel.  Riley’s newest guest is the awesome Dr Robert M Price.  In congratulating Riley on his new venture I invited him to stop by and check out this community of ours, and I hope he’ll be here to say Hello soon. 

His site is 

https://www.doubtsociety.com/ and he’s on YouTube at https://youtube.com/channel/UCDQWdeb4OpTEa2jNVXv6FVw

With Bob Price as an incentive, I encourage you to check out his YouTube channel in particular.  Show your support by Subscribing!  The shows are also available as audio podcasts.  

• Like 4

Hello all!

I am happy to be here and greatly appreciate the support from @TABA!

If anyone has any questions or thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

All the best,

- Riley

• Like 3

Hi Riley, thanks for checking in!  I look forward to your future blog posts and YouTube videos / podcasts.  You’ve set the bar pretty high by having Dr Bob as a guest!

Having watched your videos and read your blog posts, it occurs to me that you haven’t told your story: your journey through and out of Christianity, what we in these parts call your ‘ex-timony’.  

You’re obviously a fan of Christopher Hitchens, and while your enthusiasm for the man is infectious I must confess that until very recently I had read only ‘God is Not Great’, and that when I was in the stage of deconversion where I was questioning Christianity but was still resistant to atheism.  I need to re-read it again now.  I am currently about to finish his short biography of Jefferson and just started ‘Hitch-22’.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to hearing more about your journey, whether here or in your blog or podcast.

• Like 1

Howdy doubtsociety,

Welcome to the ex-Christian network. Hope and expect that you will like it here. Looking forward to your ideas and postings. best of luck.

@TABAAh, the Hitch! Many people know him simply for his atheism, but he was an unbelievable personality and a brilliant writer on many topics. A man who really lived before he died.

I enjoyed his biography of Jefferson. I visited Monticello this past year and highly recommend the private tour. The tour guides are full of great information and one is able to explore the upper floors of the house.

As for my ex-timony, I was asked to provide it recently on a podcast with Ahead of the Curve (James Bergman). It can be viewed here.

@pantheoryhello to you! Happy to be here.

• Like 2

On 1/27/2022 at 12:03 PM, doubtsociety said:

As for my ex-timony, I was asked to provide it recently on a podcast with Ahead of the Curve (James Bergman). It can be viewed here.

Thanks for the link!  I enjoyed your session on Ahead of the Curve.  I think you mentioned you were Church of Christ: me too, I was CofC for 25 years! (although I was raised Catholic).  I spent several years as a Deacon and I think some people saw me as a future Elder.  Didn’t exactly work out as expected!

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator

If y'all had been real born again ASSemblies of god christians, y'all would have never gone apostate.  Church of christ, my ass!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

If y'all had been real born again ASSemblies of god christians, y'all would have never gone apostate.  Church of christ, my ass!

Good sir, you should know that only ex-Church-of-Christ Christians are true ex-Christians.

• Haha 2

On 1/24/2022 at 6:03 PM, doubtsociety said:

Hello all!

I am happy to be here and greatly appreciate the support from @TABA!

If anyone has any questions or thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

All the best,

- Riley

Welcome aboard Riley! 

I'm the token ex-SDA on staff. 

On 1/31/2022 at 10:58 AM, TABA said:

Good sir, you should know that only ex-Church-of-Christ Christians are true ex-Christians.

We were "the" church that Jesus himself established.  The rest of you belonged to one of those lost denominations.

Welcome, Doubtsociety from a Harding graduate.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Weezer said:

We were "the" church that Jesus himself established.  The rest of you belonged to one of those lost denominations.

Welcome, Doubtsociety from a Harding graduate.

I’d forgotten you were a member of THE church, Weezer!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TABA said:

I’d forgotten you were a member of THE church, Weezer!

Yep!  The southern variety.  After listening to the interview of Riley by James Bergman I think he may have been one of the "northern" varieties.  He taked about being a pastor and having revivals.  We had ministers (or preachers) and "meetings".  And absolutely no instrumental music.

@Weezer @TABA

Thanks so much for watching!

To be specific, I was raised in a non-denominational church. Theologically similar to church of god and church of christ, but we loved our music and our instruments! I trace my Christian heritage back to the Stone-Campbell movement. The university I attended was a part of the same tradition.

And thanks for the welcome! @Joshpantera 

• Like 1