Goodbye Jesus

Should non-christians be forced to obey christian tyrants?

Sexton Blake

Poland was 90% catholics. But:

“Devastating” decline in religious practice among young Poles, says Catholic primate

Vatican punishes Polish bishops over “negligent” response to child sex abuse

https://notesfrompoland.com/2022/01/03/devastating-decline-in-religious-practice-among-young-poles-says-catholic-primate/

and the latest:

Activists accuse Polish government of murder over death of woman, 37, pregnant with twins who was forced to carry a dead foetus in her womb for a week due to new abortion laws

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10451619/Activists-accuse-Polish-government-murder-death-pregnant-woman-37-refused-abortion.html

Anything to do with abortion comes from the men in frocks of the catholic church.

To use an old joke: Why do priests wear frocks? Because the little boys would run away when they heard priests unzipping their trousers.

Why should people who are not christians be forced to obey laws made by christians?

In Britain, this abomination is made worse by 26 unelected bishops sitting in the House of Lords who don't give a damn about anyone else and who vote according to their superstition against abortions, assisted dying and so on.

Priests are even in hospitals, like evil vultures to terrify sick and dying people with their vile lies about eternal torture in Hell, if they do not obey them.

• Like 1

Christian tyrants are on the rise.  Right wing "Christian" politicians are on the rise in the USA, especially where I live in Kansas.  And they are getting on local boards of education and causing problems.  Banning books, upholding white supremist views, are anti-vaxers and anti-masks during the covid epidemic, etc.  And you probably know the USA supreme court now has 6 of 9 judges who are Catholic.  I'm concerned, but many friends and family think I am an ignorant liberal.

I put quotation marks around "christian" because I think some of it is people using the title for political purposes.

• Like 1

Do you have any suggestions for countering the movement?

• Super Moderator
On 1/28/2022 at 9:20 PM, Weezer said:

Do you have any suggestions for countering the movement?

Support anyone and everyone who publicly denounces these assholes.

• Like 3

I do repairs in a corrections facility, and the single chaplain is a Christian, and has several carts of books promoting his religion. I keep thinking that this is government endorsing a single religion. I don't know if any other chaplains have even petitioned for access though.

I would go nuts if I had to be in there 24/7 with no access to nature outside, and mental violent jerks as "neighbors". 

• Like 3

Our Aussie Prime Minister is a Pentecostal.

I shake my head at some of the hypocrisy.

As for the US resurgence of religious BS, I'm hoping it's just the last thrashing of a dying animal.

But... like any social disease, it will take generations to eradicate.

• Like 1