Goodbye Jesus

Is scriptural human "spirit", our consciousness and perception of reality?

Reborn_Kingdom_Image

6 minutes ago, Reborn_Kingdom_Image said:

K, weird how The Bible is a guide ...you use the guide to pass the test ...you can only be literal with it because you are an animal.

I think the best way to pass this bogus "test" is to take the advice of Dorothy Parker:  "This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force."

Given that the Bible starts out with a Talking Snake™ in chapter 3 of Genesis and progresses through impossible floods, a brass marching band knocking down walls, an undead rabbi and a knock-down-drag-out fight with lions and dragons and lambs (oh my!) the Bible message can be summed up as follows:

Don't. Be. So. Fucking. Gullible.

• Super Moderator

I'd just as soon not pass the test, if the reward is eternity with your god.

2 minutes ago, Astreja said:

I think the best way to pass this bogus "test" is to take the advice of Dorothy Parker:  "This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force."

Given that the Bible starts out with a Talking Snake™ in chapter 3 of Genesis and progresses through impossible floods, a brass marching band knocking down walls, an undead rabbi and a knock-down-drag-out fight with lions and dragons and lambs (oh my!) the Bible message can be summed up as follows:

Don't. Be. So. Fucking. Gullible.

Weird how that same talking snake is in your ear right now.

1 minute ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I'd just as soon not pass the test, if the reward is eternity with your god.

Again, you are not considering what reality will be without GOD.

• Super Moderator
Just now, Reborn_Kingdom_Image said:

Satan is described as the father of lies, the author of confusion, and the angel of light.  You, @Reborn_Kingdom_Image, have shown yourself to be an unrepentant liar, demonstrated confusion concerning when and how sin entered the world, and described yourself as "the light."  Given that you have achieved this unique trifecta in your short tenure here, I have more reason to believe that you are a servant of satan than that you are a messenger of any kind of god.  

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Reborn_Kingdom_Image said:

You aren't going to repent of your lies, are you, RKI?  No, I don't think so.  They're much too cozy.  They make you feel important instead of impotent.  They let you pretend to be doing the work of an infinitely evil torturer-god, and give you hard-ons when you get that adrenaline rush from trying to scare people.

But I'm on to you, RKI.  In my mind's eye I can see you 100 years in the future, your mortal remains dissolving into the earth and your beliefs vanished forever from the universe.  You are not going to heaven.  Ever.  All you will ever have to look forward to is the eternal grave, and there is literally nothing you can do to save yourself from that inexorable fate.

Fuck you and fuck the Holy Spirit.

• Super Moderator
6 minutes ago, Reborn_Kingdom_Image said:

Again, you are not considering what reality will be without GOD.

You are not considering that I already live in reality without your god.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Satan is described as the father of lies, the author of confusion, and the angel of light.  You, @Reborn_Kingdom_Image, have shown yourself to be an unrepentant liar, demonstrated confusion concerning when and how sin entered the world, and described yourself as "the light."  Given that you have achieved this unique trifecta in your short tenure here, I have more reason to believe that you are a servant of satan than that you are a messenger of any kind of god.  

lol, yes, satan recruited me to come in here and tell you about GOD.

58 minutes ago, Reborn_Kingdom_Image said:

GOD doesn't force His Will on anyone or anything ...You don't want GOD ...that is what you are going to get.

Romans 9:18 Therefore, God has mercy on whomever he chooses, and he hardens the heart of whomever he chooses.

So according to your bible he DOES force his will on whoever he chooses. 

• Like 1

Just now, midniterider said:

Romans 9:18 Therefore, God has mercy on whomever he chooses, and he hardens the heart of whomever he chooses.

So according to your bible he DOES force his will on whoever he chooses. 

No, GOD can harden your heart, but He isn't making your choices for you.

2 hours ago, Reborn_Kingdom_Image said:

satan said our eyes would be opened ..they opened to his will and closed to GOD'S. he said we wouldn't die ..when he represented death. he was saying we could make our own rules because GOD told us we would die ..and we did, spiritual blindness (death).

I wonder why Jesus doesnt step in and DO something? Why doesnt Jesus just kick Satan's ass? Hello, Jesus? Bad stuff happening down here. Are you there? 

20 minutes ago, Reborn_Kingdom_Image said:

lol, yes, satan recruited me to come in here and tell you about GOD.

as a Biblical literalist, you might want to be a bit more humble:

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Matthew 7:21-23

As had been displayed and discussed many times, the fruits you bear do not match the fruits of the spirit.

In fact, by your conduct how do we know you have not fallen under the sway of a false teaching?

13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15

11 And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray.

Matthew 24:11

Since your fruits have been well established:

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Matthew 7:15-20

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

@Reborn_Kingdom_Image, can I make a choice that god doesn't know I will make?

• Super Moderator
2 minutes ago, midniterider said:

I wonder why Jesus doesnt step in and DO something? Why doesnt Jesus just kick Satan's ass? Hello, Jesus? Bad stuff happening down here. Are you there? 

I wonder why jesus didn't just go ahead and die for satan and the fallen angels when they first sinned against god?   Coulda nipped this whole shitshow in the bud.  But, maybe it wasn't really about eliminating sin in the first place.

12 minutes ago, Reborn_Kingdom_Image said:

No, GOD can harden your heart, but He isn't making your choices for you.

Your sentence contradicts itself. 

11 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I wonder why jesus didn't just go ahead and die for satan and the fallen angels when they first sinned against god?   Coulda nipped this whole shitshow in the bud.  But, maybe it wasn't really about eliminating sin in the first place.

God's will is that people continue to be born in original sin. 

God allows Satan to 'whisper in our ear'. 

God created a place of eternal torture. 

Who is the evil one, here? 

28 minutes ago, midniterider said:

How many times do i have to say GOD doesn't force His Will?

• Super Moderator
5 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Who is the evil one, here? 

Personally, I think good and evil is a false dichotomy anyway.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, Reborn_Kingdom_Image said:

How many times do i have to say GOD doesn't force His Will?

29 minutes ago, Krowb said:

as a Biblical literalist, you might want to be a bit more humble:

Matthew 7:21-23

As had been displayed and discussed many times, the fruits you bear do not match the fruits of the spirit.

In fact, by your conduct how do we know you have not fallen under the sway of a false teaching?

2 Corinthians 11:13-15

Matthew 24:11

Since your fruits have been well established:

Matthew 7:15-20

lol, you dead spirits crack me up. You guys only have excuse after excuse ...but this is ridiculous.

23 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

The author(s) of the bible were fairly low IQ imo. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

No, i already said The Plan is from the future AFTER you made your choices.

26 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

It's almost like you get it ...that Genesis is GOD telling us how to pass this test ...and not to be literal about it.

1 hour ago, Reborn_Kingdom_Image said:

K, weird how The Bible is a guide ...you use the guide to pass the test ...you can only be literal with it because you are an animal.

That i agree with, but maybe someday, if you don't already know it,  that we all are animals, homo sapiens to be exact.

1 minute ago, pantheory said:

That i agree with, but maybe someday, if you don't already know it,  that we all are animals, homo sapiens to be exact.

Your animal flesh in anchored to flames.