Goodbye Jesus

A simple challenge

quantum

If any Christian can ask God in prayer what the picture is on my February 2022 calendar, then I am more than willing to accept their faith is true. 

"What ever you ask in my name, The father will do for you"

"God wants all to be saved"

Knock yourselves out.

I'm waiting 

• Super Moderator

Christians do not normally post in the Questions forum on account proselytizing is not allowed here.  You might have better luck engaging christians in The Lion's Den, though we don't get many coming around.  In fact, you're just after missing our latest apologist.  He was funner than a barrel of monkeys.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, quantum said:

If any Christian can ask God in prayer what the picture is on my February 2022 calendar, then I am more than willing to accept their faith is true. 

"What ever you ask in my name, The father will do for you"

"God wants all to be saved"

Knock yourselves out.

I'm waiting 

Christians can post in any forum they want if they don't argue religion there and join in on the discussion without proselytizing. To argue religion, they must post or respond in the debate forum where lions lurk for the kill.

When I was in a Pentecostal church, I tried a similar tactic as a Christian, unconsciously - my friend from the church said that I could not put God to the test, e.g. God, if this chair knocks on the ground, it is a sign that you will hear my request - you know that if if you drop a chair while holding it in the air, it will knock on the ground, so you can't, for example, do something like that, he explained to me. So I doubt a Christian would agree to take on your challenge, although - somewhere I think the pagans who worshiped Baal have challenged God for a sacrifice He chooses and that will mean which God is true and Yahweh undertook it, or even the same suggested - but I don't remember exactly, someone correct me if I'm wrong

• Super Moderator
30 minutes ago, Aibao said:

someone correct me if I'm wrong

No.  You're not wrong.  The story goes that the priests of Baal challenged the prophet of yahweh to a duel of sacrifices.  Both parties prepared an altar and the priests of Baal called upon him to consume their sacrifice with fire from heaven.  They beat their chests and cut themselves; but Baal did not answer.

The prophet of yahweh then prepared his altar; and doused it completely with water.  He even dug a trench around the base of the altar and filled it with water.  Upon crying out to the lord, fire immediately fell from heaven, consuming the sacrifice to the point that even the water in the little moat was completely dried.

Yahweh:1, Baal:0

I have a similar challenge, but one that would require some divine/supernatural intelligence capable of reading my thoughts to pass.

Basically it consists of a person asking god to read my mind about a test/challenge and reveal it to the person (To test he knows the thoughts and intent of the heart blah blah" Then the person tells me what God has revealed to them about the test. Then they do the test (which consists of something not currently physically observed but should not be impossible for a God of ultimate power) then we look at the outcome.

If they can do all that then that would be, I think for me, sufficient evidence to conclude at the least that there was some supernatural power in the universe.

So far it hasn't happened. Shock horror. God can find their keys though. Whoo.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2022 at 2:24 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

No.  You're not wrong.  The story goes that the priests of Baal challenged the prophet of yahweh to a duel of sacrifices.  Both parties prepared an altar and the priests of Baal called upon him to consume their sacrifice with fire from heaven.  They beat their chests and cut themselves; but Baal did not answer.

The prophet of yahweh then prepared his altar; and doused it completely with water.  He even dug a trench around the base of the altar and filled it with water.  Upon crying out to the lord, fire immediately fell from heaven, consuming the sacrifice to the point that even the water in the little moat was completely dried.

Yahweh:1, Baal:0

Don't forget the butchering of the priests of Baal for failure to prove their god. That's the kind of confidence you just don't see any more... 

• Haha 1