Goodbye Jesus

Did Judas have free will

quantum

Yes says Christianity, he was a human being and all humans have free will.

Did Jesus know that Judas would betray Him

Yes says Christianity, for God knows all

Was Judas betrayal needed for the scheme of salvation

Yes says Christianity, for God wills all

Did God know that Judas was going to betray Jesus, even when Judas was just a small child

Yes says Christianity, for God knows all

Did Judas go to Hell

Yes says Christianity, for Judas sinned against God
And the kicker:
God loves us and wants all to be saved

Absolute madness.

• Like 2

If I remember correctly, Jesus told Judas to,  ".... go do what you must."  

ABSOLUTE MADNESS AND MYTH.

13 hours ago, Weezer said:

If I remember correctly, Jesus told Judas to,  ".... go do what you must."  

ABSOLUTE MADNESS AND MYTH.

Yes, I agree. The Jesus of the bible is a total myth as was the story of Judas. There is no historical evidence for any of it. None of the so-called stories and miracles of the New Testament were real. Yes, we have free-will like all animals, but it has nothing to do with a God.

The beginning seeds of Christianity grew almost exclusively amongst the poor and slaves, with promises of a beautiful after-life based upon faith in the ridiculous.

• Like 1

As far as I know the big Protestant reformers like Luther and Calvin said that Judas did not have free will here.  Since Calvin was into predestination that means that he had to do it because god willed it and couldn't change his mind.  As I recall it was because that would mean Judas would actually have the power over salvation instead of god since he could have simply used free will to thwart the plan, making him a good guy but really quite evil since no one could be saved.  This is strange since in at least one or two of the stories the devil possesses him to cause the betrayal which essentially makes him the good guy as far as causing salvation.

Anyhow, it's all nonsense.  There are at least three versions of Judas' death.  The whole thing is there just to make some point that we don't need.

mwc

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

According to the Bible Jesus did have free will. When he was on the cross being crucified, according to the BS bible Jesus asked the question, Father, why hast thou forsaken me? -- or something like that translated from the Bible. And if Jesus never existed, as I believe, then neither did Judas.

• 1 year later...

Real Quick Point:

Judas was the ONLY disciple that helped Jesus complete his mission. He was also the "most loved by Jesus" or something. 

The rest of the disciples got in the way of his mission (i.e. Peter cutting off the guard's ear) and it would have been best if they got tf out of the way and let him and Judas complete his (stated) mission and get on widdit.

Even the "Last Supper" was a delay, even it it was some type of fulfillment of the prophesies. 

Therefore Judas not only went to heaven, but did so as the most effective of all the twelve.

howbow dat?