Goodbye Jesus

Free will.

Sexton Blake

Jesus, we are blandly told, died for our sins.

Though if you sin, you go to Hell.

The fable is that Adam and Eve, possessed only of the knowledge that God taught them, committed "original sin" by eating a fruit that God told them not to eat.

Three points.

They could not know it was a sin to disobey God till AFTER they had eaten of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil.

Adam and Eve already had free will because they had the choice to obey God or not do so, and they chose the latter.

Three. Many christians now do not believe in the nonsense of creationism, where the gospel of Luke tells us that there are just 75 generations between the birth of the Universe (and Adam and Eve) and the birth of Jesus. Yet if you do not believe the creation story, what did Jesus die for?

6 hours ago, Sexton Blake said:

Jesus, we are blandly told, died for our sins.

Though if you sin, you go to Hell.

The fable is that Adam and Eve, possessed only of the knowledge that God taught them, committed "original sin" by eating a fruit that God told them not to eat.

Three points.

They could not know it was a sin to disobey God till AFTER they had eaten of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil.

Adam and Eve already had free will because they had the choice to obey God or not do so, and they chose the latter.

Three. Many christians now do not believe in the nonsense of creationism, where the gospel of Luke tells us that there are just 75 generations between the birth of the Universe (and Adam and Eve) and the birth of Jesus. Yet if you do not believe the creation story, what did Jesus die for?

Of course I don't believe the creation story, but another story that I have heard is that Jesus intended to die to prove he was God, which as a martyr could accelerate his followers words, enabling more righteous Jews. 

;As for myself, I seriously  doubt whether Jesus of the Bible ever existed.