Goodbye Jesus

How old was Jesus when he died?

Sexton Blake

Modem scholarship places Jesus' crucifixion somewhere between the years 25-36 CE. The supposed age upon his death, thirty or so, poses inescapable problems for Christian belief.

We have John 8:57, "The Jews therefore said to him: Thou art not yet fifty years old." From such statement one logically infers Jesus was in his forties, and early churches claimed just that - he was forty-nine upon his death, in stark contradiction to the Gospels."' In that case, he died c. 45 or 55 CE.

Reinach observed that "The founder of the library in Jerusalem, about 210, even contended that Jesus had died in 58 CE under Nero!"

• Like 2

On 5/12/2022 at 9:21 AM, Sexton Blake said:

Modem scholarship places Jesus' crucifixion somewhere between the years 25-36 CE. The supposed age upon his death, thirty or so, poses inescapable problems for Christian belief.

Fun fact, those are the years that Pilate was there.  He came in early 25 and was recalled in late 36/early 37 (related to his brutality).  Tiberius died before he arrived so Pilate never had to face him and falls out of history.  Anyhow, placing the crucifixion during those years is all pinned to Pilate.

mwc

As a Christian I learned from several faiths that Jesus died at age 33. Of course the Bible version of Jesus never existed IMO. So his birth, death and whatever are likely just  a story and myth. 

• Super Moderator

I'd like to know how old he was when he was born.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I'd like to know how old he was when he was born.

That's another thing that I learned as a Christian. Jesus was 2 years old when he was born -- a very big baby for a virgin mother; When Joseph pleaded for sex, Mary said "you cannot go where God has gone before."

• Super Moderator
2 hours ago, pantheory said:

When Joseph pleaded for sex, Mary said "you cannot go where God has gone before."

I thought she said "come."  As in, "You cannot come where god has cummed before."

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I thought she said "come."  As in, "You cannot come where god has cummed before."

I forget now, it's been so long ago and Bible quotes were never really my thing -- although I'm better than most Christians concerning memories of these quotes.   I think yours is more accurate than mine so I'll start with yours. I think the total quote went something like this:

"You cannot come where God has cummed before." Mary continues:  "And I will not allow you to sully the path that God Jr. will take cumming down. Then Joseph said; You ungrateful whore. Don't lie to me again bitch. I know that 13 year-old retarded gimp that followed us here and keeps cumming around fathered your bastard. Joseph slaps Marry hard across the face, grabs  and rapes her. Afterwards Joseph says "your baby is getting so big that if it isn't born soon your only sex partner will be our donkey -- and you'll have to Jack-him-up first to get him going, as you already know."

I think I was paraphrasing it a bit. I google searched it but couldn't find the translated wordings from the lost text of Hermes.