Goodbye Jesus

The Problem of evoL

TheRedneckProfessor

On 9/11/2022 at 2:35 AM, duderonomy said:

Now that I think of it Walter, what is truth?

I wish I knew Duderonomy.

17 hours ago, walterpthefirst said:
On 9/10/2022 at 10:35 PM, duderonomy said:

Now that I think of it Walter, what is truth?

I wish I knew Duderonomy.

None of us know what the truth is without faith, and faith is a knowing.   Nothing esoteric intended.  You believe you are right or you don't, but beliefs come and go.

Am I wrong?

My point is that things change. Weather, money, health, digestion, politics, "science" (not the method, just the madness) and etc.

You can't show that the Earth is not the center of the Universe or that the Earth is not stationary and the Sun and planets revolve around it while they themselves spin around the universe that you can't find the edge of.

But you are pretty sure that 'about 14 billion years ago'...

Again Walter, am I wrong? 

12 hours ago, duderonomy said:

None of us know what the truth is without faith, and faith is a knowing.   Nothing esoteric intended.  You believe you are right or you don't, but beliefs come and go.

Am I wrong?

My point is that things change. Weather, money, health, digestion, politics, "science" (not the method, just the madness) and etc.

You can't show that the Earth is not the center of the Universe or that the Earth is not stationary and the Sun and planets revolve around it while they themselves spin around the universe that you can't find the edge of.

But you are pretty sure that 'about 14 billion years ago'...

Again Walter, am I wrong? 

We've been here before, so I don't need to answer your question - having already done so.

I have secular confidence in the evidence.

https://www.ex-christian.net/topic/86436-belief-what-exactly-is-it/page/5/#comment-1251687

11 hours ago, walterpthefirst said:

We've been here before, so I don't need to answer your question - having already done so.

I have secular confidence in the evidence.

https://www.ex-christian.net/topic/86436-belief-what-exactly-is-it/page/5/#comment-1251687

You have "secular confidence" in "the evidence".

Sure, OK.

Seems legit.  Sorry I doubted you.

But we haven't been here before like you said. I asked a couple of new questions that you avoided.

For example, Can you show that the stationary Earth is not the center of the Universe?

C'mon Walter, am I wrong?

3 hours ago, duderonomy said:

You have "secular confidence" in "the evidence".

Sure, OK.

Seems legit.  Sorry I doubted you.

But we haven't been here before like you said. I asked a couple of new questions that you avoided.

For example, Can you show that the stationary Earth is not the center of the Universe?

C'mon Walter, am I wrong?

I don't know if you're right or wrong Duderonomy any more than I know what truth is.

Sure, I can present evidence that demonstrates that the Earth is not at the centre of the universe.

This would be evidence that I have secular confidence in.

But I cannot say if that evidence would be acceptable to you.

Not being able to say what you find acceptable I therefore cannot know if you are right or wrong.

Thank you,

Walter.

19 hours ago, walterpthefirst said:

I don't know if you're right or wrong Duderonomy any more than I know what truth is.

Sure, I can present evidence that demonstrates that the Earth is not at the centre of the universe.

This would be evidence that I have secular confidence in.

But I cannot say if that evidence would be acceptable to you.

Not being able to say what you find acceptable I therefore cannot know if you are right or wrong.

Thank you,

Walter.

"I don't know if you're right or wrong Duderonomy any more than I know what truth is."

Jesus said he is the way the truth and the life.

If you don't know what truth is, how do you know that Jesus wasn't correct?

Oh, and please present your evidence that Earth is not at the center of the Universe.

Before you do that though, find the thread where BAA and I argued over this very same thing and read it.

"Secular Confidence" ought to be right up there with "Gender Studies" in the pantheon of anti critical thinking degrees.

19 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

"I don't know if you're right or wrong Duderonomy any more than I know what truth is."

Oh, and please present your evidence that Earth is not at the center of the Universe.

Before you do that though, find the thread where BAA and I argued over this very same thing and read it.

"Secular Confidence" ought to be right up there with "Gender Studies" in the pantheon of anti critical thinking degrees.

There is no center to the universe.  Even if there is, it would likely be SPACE.

11 hours ago, duderonomy said:

The bible cannot be the truth because it contradicts itself.  That's how I know.

If you disagree, then please try arguing that the truth can contradict itself.

Good luck with that!

Ok, I'll do that Duderonomy.

But it's up to YOU to do the work and find the thread where you and BAA argued over this point.

Then you can also provide a link to it and you can also find the most relevant parts of the thread.

The ones that are directly relevant to our current dialogue.

After all, you've put in a lot of work lately challenging me, tracking down my comments and generally 'hunting' me down.

So, carry on with the hard work!

I'll wait.

On 9/14/2022 at 10:45 PM, DOA said:

There is no center to the universe.  Even if there is, it would likely be SPACE.

Please take a moment to ponder what you said here. 

15 hours ago, walterpthefirst said:

The bible cannot be the truth because it contradicts itself.  That's how I know.

If you disagree, then please try arguing that the truth can contradict itself.

Good luck with that!

Ok, I'll do that Duderonomy.

But it's up to YOU to do the work and find the thread where you and BAA argued over this point.

Then you can also provide a link to it and you can also find the most relevant parts of the thread.

The ones that are directly relevant to our current dialogue.

After all, you've put in a lot of work lately challenging me, tracking down my comments and generally 'hunting' me down.

So, carry on with the hard work!

I'll wait.

You are all over the place here Walter.

I understand, so let me phrase it like this: You claim that Earth is not at the center of the Universe. Can your science show this?

4 hours ago, duderonomy said:

You are all over the place here Walter.

I understand, so let me phrase it like this: You claim that Earth is not at the center of the Universe. Can your science show this?

That depends on what you mean by 'show' Duderonomy.

Science can show that the centre of the planet Earth is a hot, metallic core.  If you accept that, then you have accepted something from science that cannot be 'shown' by direct measurement and observation.  No scientist can journey there to take temperature readings.  Instead, science uses inference and deduction to arrive at the conclusion that the Earth's core is huge sphere of hot metal.

Do you accept that the Earth has a hot metallic core, just as science has 'shown'?

This is an important question, so please answer it.

If you answer was Yes, then you have expressed a secular confidence in the way science works. If you answered No, then how do you propose to find out if the Earth really has a hot metallic core?  If you reject the use of something but cannot replace it with a viable alternative then where can you go with your rejection?  I have no idea.

In the same way Duderonomy, using inference and deduction, science can 'show' that we are not at the centre of the universe.  Speaking for myself, I have secular confidence in the process I've described.  But that is a matter of personal choice.  If you can accept what science shows about about the core of the Earth but can't accept what it shows about us not being at the centre of the universe, then that's not my problem.

However, I would point out that I am being consistent.  If you can accept one thing that science can deduce but not another, are you being consistent?

Thank you,

Walter.

• Like 1

The center of the earth is a delicious creamy whipped nougat. I infer this from the kind hearted inhabitants I have found therein...or is it thereupon?

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator

Good lord, there is a full length documentary on the subject.  I can't believe y'all are arguing about this.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373051/

4 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Good lord, there is a full length documentary on the subject.  I can't believe y'all are arguing about this.

Once again Prof Thy Mod peddles in lies and distortions.  Everyone knows the TRUE documentary to be the 1959 version:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052948/

• Super Moderator
56 minutes ago, Krowb said:

Once again Prof Thy Mod peddles in lies and distortions.  Everyone knows the TRUE documentary to be the 1959 version:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052948/

You follow the Old Testament, the Law, and the Prophets; but I have come to proclaim a New Testament and the dispensation of Grace.

• Haha 2

That depends on what you mean by 'show' Duderonomy.

Science can show that the centre of the planet Earth is a hot, metallic core.  If you accept that, then you have accepted something from science that cannot be 'shown' by direct measurement and observation.  No scientist can journey there to take temperature readings.  Instead, science uses inference and deduction to arrive at the conclusion that the Earth's core is huge sphere of hot metal.

Do you accept that the Earth has a hot metallic core, just as science has 'shown'?

This is an important question, so please answer it.

If you answer was Yes, then you have expressed a secular confidence in the way science works. If you answered No, then how do you propose to find out if the Earth really has a hot metallic core?  If you reject the use of something but cannot replace it with a viable alternative then where can you go with your rejection?  I have no idea.

In the same way Duderonomy, using inference and deduction, science can 'show' that we are not at the centre of the universe.  Speaking for myself, I have secular confidence in the process I've described.  But that is a matter of personal choice.  If you can accept what science shows about about the core of the Earth but can't accept what it shows about us not being at the centre of the universe, then that's not my problem.

However, I would point out that I am being consistent.  If you can accept one thing that science can deduce but not another, are you being consistent?

Thank you,

Walter.

Walter, If the only thing you can know for sure is math, then it must follow that everything we are sparring about just might be bullshit, right?

11 hours ago, midniterider said:

The center of the earth is a delicious creamy whipped nougat. I infer this from the kind hearted inhabitants I have found therein...or is it thereupon?

You say therein and I say thereupon, so just like the tomato tomahto, potato potahto song goes, let's call the whole thing off.

Unless of course you listen at the end of the song where the calling off gets called off.

Also, Is there video of the creamy delicious nougat getting whipped?

Wow, you didn't get that one. Is there a Wiki page of what I replied to someone else going over your head?

21 hours ago, duderonomy said:
  On 9/14/2022 at 10:45 PM, DOA said:

There is no center to the universe.  Even if there is, it would likely be SPACE

ME: What might be at the center of outer space?

DOA  "it would likely be SPACE"

What I said to DOA I say to you too.  Please take a moment to ponder what you said here.

11 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

So you want us to watch a movie instead of putting on Ex-C boxing gloves and duking it out?  

Thanks, Dad.

6 hours ago, duderonomy said:

Walter, If the only thing you can know for sure is math, then it must follow that everything we are sparring about just might be bullshit, right?

This is very naughty, Duderonomy.

I asked you a question and emphasized that it was important.

But, instead of answering it, you've dodged AND asked me one.

A debate consists of the asking and answering of questions, therefore...

Please answer the question I put to you about about the centre of the Earth.

Thank you,

Walter.

5 hours ago, duderonomy said:

Wow, you didn't get that one. Is there a Wiki page of what I replied to someone else going over your head?

ME: What might be at the center of outer space?

DOA  "it would likely be SPACE"

What I said to DOA I say to you too.  Please take a moment to ponder what you said here.

No, Duderonomy.

You are the one who isn't getting it.

A 3-sphere is the precise answer and explanation of why DOA is correct.

(Assuming that one accepts inference and deduction as valid in science.)

Thank you,

Walter.

No, Duderonomy.

You are the one who isn't getting it.

A 3-sphere is the precise answer and explanation of why DOA is correct.

(Assuming that one accepts inference and deduction as valid in science.)

Thank you,

Walter.

Precise answer of Dead On Arrival is correct?  3-sphere? 

18 hours ago, walterpthefirst said:

Thank you,

Walter.

18 hours ago, walterpthefirst said:

Thank you,

Walter.

What you are doing here is grappling.  Jockeying for position.  I'm sure there is a logical fallacy or two upset at you.