Goodbye Jesus

Humanist chaplains guide nonreligious students on quest for meaning

webmdave

• Admin

(RNS) — ‘The nonreligious have as much of, or more of, a need for meaning, purpose and community as anybody else.’

The post Humanist chaplains guide nonreligious students on quest for meaning appeared first on Religion News Service.

View the full article

• 2 weeks later...

I love the idea that the nonreligious have more of a need for meaning. I’ve found that to be true in my own experience. I also think it’s one of the best things about being human. 

• Like 2

On 6/25/2022 at 5:19 PM, Samuel said:

I also think it’s one of the best things about being human. 

It definitely requires thought.  Not just being a "puppet" of god.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 6:19 PM, Samuel said:

I love the idea that the nonreligious have more of a need for meaning. I’ve found that to be true in my own experience. I also think it’s one of the best things about being human. 

Working out your own meaning in life, just like figuring out your approach to moral questions, definitely takes more work than sitting back and having them handed down by a deity.  But that work is well-rewarded.  It IS one of the best things about being human, especially a deconverted human!

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Once I realized that this is the only world I'm ever going to live in, I became inspired to experience as much of it as I could while I had the chance.

• Like 1