The Onion nails it again.....

older

The Onion, a great satirical news site, sometimes crosses over from humor to bitingly accurate social criticism. The latest is a slide show of why Republicans oppose same-sex marriage. Here's the copy from what I think is the best of the set:

“Before I started in Congress, I was a Christian pastor, which is to say I am a fucking idiot and bigot like all Christian pastors, since the Christian religion as an institution has ceased to have even a thread of connection to the actual teachings of Christ and is merely a way for assholes to launder their seething small-minded hatred of others into something that seems respectable, so that’s your answer right there.”

And here's a link if you're interested:

https://www.theonion.com/republicans-explain-why-they-oppose-same-sex-marriage-1849334212/slides/23

On 8/3/2022 at 11:15 PM, older said:

"I am a fucking idiot and bigot like all Christian pastors, since the Christian religion as an institution has ceased to have even a thread of connection to the actual teachings of Christ and is merely a way for assholes to launder their seething small-minded hatred of others into something that seems respectable, so that’s your answer right there.”

Bitingly accurate social criticism? 

Wow.

Don't mind me, I'm just sayin.