Goodbye Jesus

Suffering for the Sins of the World

TheRedneckProfessor

42 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

That'd be a good place to start. Personal appearance and explain our fossil record. Bc it sure doesn't match what he said in the Bible lol. 

Well there you go.  Proof positive.

• Super Moderator
10 hours ago, duderonomy said:

Walter,

Just stopping in to pounce on your inference here. 

Tell me again how the earth is not the center of the universe, and show your work so we know it's true. 

Give it a rest, duderonomy.

12 hours ago, Weezer said:

I guess Ed decided to not answer my question.  Another question I have is, WHY?

What is it you want sir.

I expect some of it was verbally handed down, some written.  Likely some felt inspired.  I don't know the history of the men that felt they were actually walking with God.  I do know I've felt inspired myself.  

20 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Was this wording intentional?  😏

Nope.  Unintentional.

But now that I think of it, appropriate.  I was asking Edgarcito to look at his faith without using faith to do so.

It's up to him whether he does so, of course.

Thank you,

Walter.

14 hours ago, duderonomy said:

Tangible? Well about four and a half billion years ago...

And how did you infer or deduce that figure?

14 hours ago, duderonomy said:

Walter,

Just stopping in to pounce on your inference here. 

Tell me again how the earth is not the center of the universe, and show your work so we know it's true. 

Oh dear, this just isn't your day, is it Duderonomy?

First, I haven't told you how the earth is not at the centre of the universe - so I can't tell you that again.

And second, I'd be using science to explain it to you and science makes no claim to deliver truth.

(As you should know.)

So, if you're going to pounce on me, please do so for the right reasons.

Thank you!

4 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Give it a rest, duderonomy.

It's ok, Prof.

If the Dud wants to make a fool of himself like this, that's fine by me.

😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

What is it you want sir.

I expect some of it was verbally handed down, some written.  Likely some felt inspired.  I don't know the history of the men that felt they were actually walking with God.  I do know I've felt inspired myself.  

And you believe that feeling inspired, and feeling like they walked with God, makes what they wrote the holy, infallable word of God that you are basing your faith on?

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
4 minutes ago, walterpthefirst said:

It's ok, Prof.

If the Dud wants to make a fool of himself like this, that's fine by me.

😉

It's not fine by me, as a moderator, though.  I'm not going to have this community's time and resources wasted with one member chasing another member through multiple threads over a question that has already been addressed.  You guys are more than welcome to sort out your differences via personal messages or one of you could start a separate thread for y'all to duke it out in.  Either of those options would be fine by me.  

• Like 1

Just now, TheRedneckProfessor said:

It's not fine by me, as a moderator, though.  I'm not going to have this community's time and resources wasted with one member chasing another member through multiple threads over a question that has already been addressed.  You guys are more than welcome to sort out your differences via personal messages or one of you could start a separate thread for y'all to duke it out in.  Either of those options would be fine by me.  

I'm happy to adjust my conduct for the good of the community, Prof.

Henceforth any 'pouncing' by the Dude will be ignored by me.

Thank you,

Walter.

6 minutes ago, Weezer said:

And you believe that feeling inspired, and feeling like they walked with God, makes what they wrote the holy, infallable word of God that you are basing your faith on?

Could.

1 minute ago, Edgarcito said:

Could.

Thanks for answering.

14 minutes ago, Weezer said:

And you believe that feeling inspired, and feeling like they walked with God, makes what they wrote the holy, infallable word of God that you are basing your faith on?

Could.

Edgarcito,

Could what you've described about yourself apply to a Muslim?

That is, they feel just as inspired as you do, they feel like they have walked with Allah and their feelings make the Quran the holy and infallible word of their god, which they are basing their faith on?

Thank you,

Walter.

3 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Thanks for answering.

Very welcome.  I don't understand the physiology behind feeling, let alone with all the variables involved, genetics, environment, and ultimately the universe.  So, I don't believe we will know.  Walter on the other hand likely believes that the certainty of understanding the more immediate factors, gives us enough votes where we may adequately estimate the cause.   After all, he's banking on how things are moving around millions and millions of light years away from the tiny amount of light that hits Earth.  So with that, it seems reasonable that the universe has a role in our feelings.  <having fun with Walter day>.  

3 minutes ago, walterpthefirst said:
  14 minutes ago, Weezer said:

And you believe that feeling inspired, and feeling like they walked with God, makes what they wrote the holy, infallable word of God that you are basing your faith on?

Could.

Edgarcito,

Could what you've described about yourself apply to a Muslim?

That is, they feel just as inspired as you do, they feel like they have walked with Allah and their feelings make the Quran the holy and infallible word of their god, which they are basing their faith on?

Thank you,

Walter.

Yes, I think so.

• Super Moderator
4 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Yes, I think so.

So, then Pascal's Wager is, in fact, not a very safe bet for you.

• Super Moderator
18 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Very welcome.  I don't understand the physiology behind feeling, let alone with all the variables involved, genetics, environment, and ultimately the universe.  So, I don't believe we will know.  Walter on the other hand likely believes that the certainty of understanding the more immediate factors, gives us enough votes where we may adequately estimate the cause.   After all, he's banking on how things are moving around millions and millions of light years away from the tiny amount of light that hits Earth.  So with that, it seems reasonable that the universe has a role in our feelings.  <having fun with Walter day>.  

Can feelings be wrong?

2 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

So, then Pascal's Wager is, in fact, not a very safe bet for you.

I think there is a warning in the Bible.

1 minute ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Can feelings be wrong?

Very honestly J, my Spiritual feelings are not my normal feelings.  I don't know that that particular physiology has been wrong yet.  Interesting now that you have asked but are our feelings incorrect or our interpretations incorrect.  Which goes back to what Pan was saying, evidence is just that, but our interpretation might be incorrect.  Case in point Wheezy might be an alright old guy, but my initial interpretation has questions.

• Super Moderator
7 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

I think there is a warning in the Bible.

Probably one in the Quran, too.

8 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Can feelings be wrong?

Pan doesn't agree with the dark energy stuff floating around I'm thinking.  Lol, did you see what I did there, floating around?

• Super Moderator
2 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Very honestly J, my Spiritual feelings are not my normal feelings.  I don't know that that particular physiology has been wrong yet.  Interesting now that you have asked but are our feelings incorrect or our interpretations incorrect.  Which goes back to what Pan was saying, evidence is just that, but our interpretation might be incorrect.  Case in point Wheezy might be an alright old guy, but my initial interpretation has questions.

Okay, despite your obvious dodge of the question, is it possible that the guys who wrote the bible based on their feelings, might have incorrectly interpreted those feelings and assigned meaning to them that simply were not realistic?

• Super Moderator
Just now, Edgarcito said:

Pan doesn't agree with the dark energy stuff floating around I'm thinking.  Lol, did you see what I did there, floating around?

I'm not asking you what Pan agrees or disagrees with.  I am asking you if feelings can be wrong.  Lol, did you see what I did there, asked the same question twice?

1 minute ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Probably one in the Quran, too.

Just now, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Okay, despite your obvious dodge of the question, is it possible that the guys who wrote the bible based on their feelings, might have incorrectly interpreted those feelings and assigned meaning to them that simply were not realistic?

Always a possibility.

Prof, you seem rather certain.  Please demonstrate that certainty.  Scientifically.  YOU, my friend, probably have a better idea of human physiology that any of us.  So go man go, it's your moment.  (Or you can shut up or deflect).