Goodbye Jesus

Needing advice for family issue

Lucy

I am hoping someone here can give advice. My mother fully believes that the world is about to end in a few years and Jesus will return. She is harassing me non-stop. She is very angry all the time because people are not doing what she wants. She goes on rants for hours every morning about Jesus and the end of the world.

She is wanting to sell everything we own to go live in the middle of the woods to wait for Jesus to return. We have fights about it constantly. She keeps buying junk from yard sales. Like boxes and boxes of glassware that there is no room to store.

She decided that god wants her to buy a bunch of dogs. So she got all these dogs and screams at everyone to help her with the dogs daily. She makes a fence that cannot hold them. She won't let anyone fix the fence any way but her way. A few days ago I spent 7 hours working on the fence and when she saw it, she undid it all because she wants it done differently. I am frustrated and tired about this issue with all the dogs that is never ending. She got the dogs because god wants her to have these dogs. She won't take care of them herself. She nags everybody else to. I said you take care of them if god wants you to have them, then he wants you to take care of them to. She said god wants her to have them, but she is going to make us take care of them because it's too hard.

She is really trying hard to get me to quit my job. I am afraid she will get me fired somehow. She is very angry that I can't help her with her problems she is creating buy buying a bunch of dogs and yard sale junk. She needs me to quit my job to help her move all this yard sale hoard around and chase dogs that get out of their fence. My friend was recently fired so she is making him do these things all day. I thought that would make her leave me alone about it but she wants both of us working on nonsense for her. I work from home and she likes to sit by my desk and rant about Jesus and the world ending and berate me about doing things I don't want to do. She is really angry if I'm not paying attention to her because I'm doing work while she's ranting.

She will not take any meds for anything psychiatric. She thinks that "bipolar" is something made up to make people stop believing in god. She also likes to scream the bible says to honor your mother. And that I'll go to hell if I don't obey her.

Is there something I can do to get her to stop all this? It's driving me insane. I cannot take this amount of stress and daily screaming. I don't know how to get help for an issue like this.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

• Super Moderator
52 minutes ago, Lucy said:

Is there something I can do to get her to stop all this? It's driving me insane. I cannot take this amount of stress and daily screaming. I don't know how to get help for an issue like this.

If possible, find a place of your own and move out as soon as possible.  This situation is not going to change, no matter what you try to do.  The only way to deal with it is to remove yourself as far away from the situation as you can. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

If possible, find a place of your own and move out as soon as possible.  This situation is not going to change, no matter what you try to do.  The only way to deal with it is to remove yourself as far away from the situation as you can. 

She is in my house. She has her own house. She won't stay in it. She sleeps at my house. She called a realtor today to try to sell my house. I think she is going to list my house for sale anyway even though I said repeatedly told her I don't want to sell it. I keep telling her to go live in her own house. I bought her another house closer to my house and she won't stay in that one either. I told her if you want to sell a house then sell that extra house and leave my house alone. But "GOD" is directing her to bother me and sell my house so we can go live in the woods in campers.

• Super Moderator

Tell the cops she is threatening to kill herself, and possibly you. Just do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucy said:

She is in my house. She has her own house. She won't stay in it. She sleeps at my house. She called a realtor today to try to sell my house. I think she is going to list my house for sale anyway even though I said repeatedly told her I don't want to sell it. I keep telling her to go live in her own house. I bought her another house closer to my house and she won't stay in that one either. I told her if you want to sell a house then sell that extra house and leave my house alone. But "GOD" is directing her to bother me and sell my house so we can go live in the woods in campers.

Well she can't put your house up for sale is she isn't the owner. So if she does. Just politely call the realtor and tell them you are the owner and its not for sale. 

It sounds like your mother does need psychiatric help. But if she isn't going to admit she has a problem then there is probably no hope for change. You may need to change all the locks on your doors next time she is out. And tell her to go live in her home. Then load up all the dogs and take them to the animal shelter. Hopefully someone will adopt them. Tear down the fence. Etc. 

How bad is her house? If she has a hoarding problem has she already filled that one up? If so she will only do the same to your house. Maybe give her an ultimatum. See a psychiatrist or get out. 

I'm sorry your having to deal with this. 

DB

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, Lucy said:

In this case, I'm going to have agree with @florduh.  It's time to involve the authorities.  You're entitled to your own boundaries; and if another person doesn't want to respect your boundaries, then you have every right to enforce them by whatever means necessary, including law enforcement. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Lucy said:

I am hoping someone here can give advice. My mother fully believes that the world is about to end in a few years and Jesus will return. She is harassing me non-stop. She is very angry all the time because people are not doing what she wants. She goes on rants for hours every morning about Jesus and the end of the world.

She is wanting to sell everything we own to go live in the middle of the woods to wait for Jesus to return. We have fights about it constantly. She keeps buying junk from yard sales. Like boxes and boxes of glassware that there is no room to store.

She decided that god wants her to buy a bunch of dogs. So she got all these dogs and screams at everyone to help her with the dogs daily. She makes a fence that cannot hold them. She won't let anyone fix the fence any way but her way. A few days ago I spent 7 hours working on the fence and when she saw it, she undid it all because she wants it done differently. I am frustrated and tired about this issue with all the dogs that is never ending. She got the dogs because god wants her to have these dogs. She won't take care of them herself. She nags everybody else to. I said you take care of them if god wants you to have them, then he wants you to take care of them to. She said god wants her to have them, but she is going to make us take care of them because it's too hard.

She is really trying hard to get me to quit my job. I am afraid she will get me fired somehow. She is very angry that I can't help her with her problems she is creating buy buying a bunch of dogs and yard sale junk. She needs me to quit my job to help her move all this yard sale hoard around and chase dogs that get out of their fence. My friend was recently fired so she is making him do these things all day. I thought that would make her leave me alone about it but she wants both of us working on nonsense for her. I work from home and she likes to sit by my desk and rant about Jesus and the world ending and berate me about doing things I don't want to do. She is really angry if I'm not paying attention to her because I'm doing work while she's ranting.

She will not take any meds for anything psychiatric. She thinks that "bipolar" is something made up to make people stop believing in god. She also likes to scream the bible says to honor your mother. And that I'll go to hell if I don't obey her.

One way or another, you're going to have to set some boundaries and hold to them.

I've had more than enough experience with this level of crazy.  You can't fix it.  Going along with it only helps in the short term.  In the long run, appeasement only makes the situation worse.

18 hours ago, Lucy said:

Evict her in a court proceeding.  If she refuses to leave after the court enters an eviction judgment the local sheriff will remove her.

20 hours ago, Lucy said:

As explained to you above, you need to become independent from your mother if you are of legal age to do so. If you can do this, you can give your mother the love that she needs.

You say your mom is in your house, wow. Tell her your beliefs are very different from hers and that she should do whatever she wants, but that you will lead your life very differently from hers -- and that she needs to leave your house now, while reminding her of your love for her.