Jump to content

New Christian Visitor


aik

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

No, just the opposite.  He's evolved.

 

But not in synch with the evolution of this particular ecosystem.

 

Therefore, if he wants to survive here, he needs to adapt to this ecosystem.

 

If he doesn't he's selecting himself for extinction.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Wow.  It staggers the imagination how you could somehow manage to understand the exact opposite of what I said to Dude; and then use your lack of comprehension as an excuse to attack my ego.  I'm not even mad.  I'm impressed that someone with the intelligence of a hammer and the social skills of a turnip green can still put together complete sentences; yet, here you are, soldiering on in spite of it all. 

 

Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

I'm not the one swinging my dick around  "sport".  Problem is you can't see your little "cohesive group" consists of about three of you nimrods eagerly defending the injustice of it all....aka, the Two Logical Stuges and the Light Bishop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, walterpthefirst said:

 

But not in synch with the evolution of this particular ecosystem.

 

Therefore, if he wants to survive here, he needs to adapt to this ecosystem.

 

If he doesn't he's selecting himself for extinction.

 

 

 

 

Sorry @duderonomy, you've been set for extinction by those who openly stand against eternal death....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Edgarcito said:

Sorry @duderonomy, you've been set for extinction by those who openly stand against eternal death....

 

That's not how evolution works, Ed.

 

Organisms that fail to adapt to changes in their ecosystem set themselves up for extinction.

 

After all, you've been here 16 years and you've adapted...

 

 

Hmm... wait a minute.

 

🤔

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, walterpthefirst said:

 

That's not how evolution works, Ed.

 

Organisms that fail to adapt to changes in their ecosystem set themselves up for extinction.

 

After all, you've been here 16 years and you've adapted...

 

 

Hmm... wait a minute.

 

🤔

 

 

 

 

What’s sad Walter is that you’ve reduced Dude to this argument…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Edgarcito said:

What’s sad Walter is that you’ve reduced Dude to this argument…

 

I'm afraid that your reading skills have let you down again, Edgarcito.

 

 

Perhaps the issue with Duderonomy can be described in evolutionary terms?

Perhaps, during his long absence this forum has evolved.

If so, then it's up to him to evolve too.

In nature, organisms that can't or won't evolve remove themselves from the gene pool.

Just saying.

 

 

I was careful to qualify my comments by using the words 'perhaps' and 'if'.

 

Therefore, I have not reduced Duderonomy to anything.

 

I have simply posited that an evolutionary approach might describe what we are seeing in this forum.

 

All of my comments about him should be seen in that light.

 

I'm sorry that this got past you.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super Moderator
25 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

I'm not the one swinging my dick around  "sport". 

You're the only one swinging a dick around, you fucking moron.  My entire post to Dude could easily be summarized as "Listen, whether you've gone back to Christianity or you're somewhere in between, you're still a valuable member of this community and I'd like to see you post something of a little more merit and a little less trolling."  Now, maybe to your faith-stunted, barely sentient brain that seems like dick-swinging; but it's closer to the mark to say you completely misread, misunderstood, and misconstrued the entire post in your haste to lambast me.  And all you have done since then is continue demonstrating the extreme lengths you will go to to remain in blissful ignorance. 

 

You're simply wrong, Ed.  Now let's watch your ego refuse to admit it.

 

Honestly.  I'd say your daddy should have pulled out; but, really, he'd have done us all a greater service if he'd have just stuck to sheep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

You're the only one swinging a dick around, you fucking moron.  My entire post to Dude could easily be summarized as "Listen, whether you've gone back to Christianity or you're somewhere in between, you're still a valuable member of this community and I'd like to see you post something of a little more merit and a little less trolling."  Now, maybe to your faith-stunted, barely sentient brain that seems like dick-swinging; but it's closer to the mark to say you completely misread, misunderstood, and misconstrued the entire post in your haste to lambast me.  And all you have done since then is continue demonstrating the extreme lengths you will go to to remain in blissful ignorance. 

 

You're simply wrong, Ed.  Now let's watch your ego refuse to admit it.

 

Honestly.  I'd say your daddy should have pulled out; but, really, he'd have done us all a greater service if he'd have just stuck to sheep.

Right, I only read the first two or so paragraphs and concluded your’re the same dick… “son”.  The reality is if he would have come back and fit in where he left, and you still are, then he would have been accepted.

 

You suck as moderator… 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super Moderator
14 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Right, I only read the first two or so paragraphs and concluded your’re the same dick… “son”.  The reality is if he would have come back and fit in where he left, and you still are, then he would have been accepted.

 

You suck as moderator… 

There's that ego you're always projecting onto others.  I knew you had it in you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super Moderator
10 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Lol @TheRedneckProfessoryou were predestined to be a dick…

What's with your obsession with dick, Ed?  It's okay if you want to come out of the closet.  This is a safe space.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

What's with your obsession with dick, Ed?  It's okay if you want to come out of the closet.  This is a safe space.

Not obsession… proximity on this site… dick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@TheRedneckProfessor @Edgarcito,

 

As entertaining as this little spat may be, may we return to the topic of @aik and his reasons for belief?

 

If @Edgarcito remains engaged, we may see who pulls a No True Scotsman first.  Most Christians who visit us tend to hold incompatible views and it's informative to see where the dividing lines are drawn and the reasons behind the dogmatic divergence.

 

Personal attacks are not instructive and tend to show you in a bad light.  You are both above this.

 

I ask we refrain from further insults.  Take a breather gentlemen and return after the holiday when hopefully all are in better spirits.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super Moderator

Sorry, Pa.  😔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Krowb said:

@TheRedneckProfessor @Edgarcito,

 

As entertaining as this little spat may be, may we return to the topic of @aik and his reasons for belief?

 

If @Edgarcito remains engaged, we may see who pulls a No True Scotsman first.  Most Christians who visit us tend to hold incompatible views and it's informative to see where the dividing lines are drawn and the reasons behind the dogmatic divergence.

 

Personal attacks are not instructive and tend to show you in a bad light.  You are both above this.

 

I ask we refrain from further insults.  Take a breather gentlemen and return after the holiday when hopefully all are in better spirits.

 

The demonstration is good example of why they don’t make elders of young men…  Dogmatic divergence is apparently still the point… must be camouflaged, hidden to those with stars upon thars.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

The demonstration is good example of why they don’t make elders of young men…  Dogmatic divergence is apparently still the point… must be camouflaged, hidden to those with stars upon thars

I'm afraid I don't follow.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Krowb said:

I'm afraid I don't follow.

 

An elder would recognize the stage of the congregant.  John only recognizes the congregant doesn’t meet the fundamental aspect of ExC…. and the threatens that it won’t be tolerated…. dogmatic divergence.  Had he only watched the Sneeches…

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

An elder would recognize the stage of the congregant.  John only recognizes the congregant doesn’t meet the fundamental aspect of ExC…. and the threatens that it won’t be tolerated…. dogmatic divergence.  Had he only watched the Sneeches…

Point made.  Perhaps a new thread would be appropriate to air this particular grievance should y'all wish to continue it.

 

To try and pull this back on the rails, any substantive comment on @aik or other position taken so far?  He is still pretty sincere and has not devolved to name-calling.  I have trouble following the progression of his argument, but recognize English is not his first language.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super Moderator
4 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

An elder would recognize the stage of the congregant.  John only recognizes the congregant doesn’t meet the fundamental aspect of ExC…. and the threatens that it won’t be tolerated…. dogmatic divergence.  Had he only watched the Sneeches…

Ed, take note of the following screenshots, taken directly from the forum guidelines.  What I said to Dude, and what I am saying to you now, has nothing to do with my own ego.  What I said to the Dude, and what I am saying to you now, is in adherence to the guidelines below.  Certain behaviors will not be tolerated here.  Not because I'm a dick; but because they are out of compliance with the guidelines.  You're welcome to think whatever you'd like about me.  You are not welcome to breech our community rules.  Neither is the Dude.

 

If either of you would like to PM me for further discussion, feel free to do so.  Otherwise, this shit stops here and now.

 

 

Screenshot_20221123-202301.png

Screenshot_20221123-202317.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Krowb said:

Point made.  Perhaps a new thread would be appropriate to air this particular grievance should y'all wish to continue it.

 

To try and pull this back on the rails, any substantive comment on @aik or other position taken so far?  He is still pretty sincere and has not devolved to name-calling.  I have trouble following the progression of his argument, but recognize English is not his first language.

Thx, I will consider.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2022 at 12:44 PM, DarkBishop said:

Yeah, that's what I prefer. I think trying to force a Christian to use verifiable data right off the bat is a useless endeavor. Facts aren't important to them. Faith trumps facts as a believer. They just brush it off. 

 

DB

 

 Who verifies the data?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2022 at 6:13 PM, Edgarcito said:

Sorry @duderonomy, you've been set for extinction by those who openly stand against eternal death....

 

Thanks for the heads up Ed, but I just now saw it and I see you sent it yesterday!

I think the RP might be throttling something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2022 at 7:33 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Ed, take note of the following screenshots, taken directly from the forum guidelines.  What I said to Dude, and what I am saying to you now, has nothing to do with my own ego.  What I said to the Dude, and what I am saying to you now, is in adherence to the guidelines below.  Certain behaviors will not be tolerated here.  Not because I'm a dick; but because they are out of compliance with the guidelines.  You're welcome to think whatever you'd like about me.  You are not welcome to breech our community rules.  Neither is the Dude.

 

If either of you would like to PM me for further discussion, feel free to do so.  Otherwise, this shit stops here and now.

 

 

Screenshot_20221123-202301.png

Screenshot_20221123-202317.png

 

Like the last paragraph above says, sometimes the best response to a troll, is no respnse.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, duderonomy said:

 

 Who verifies the data?

Dude,

 

I'm not really understanding your frame of mind right now? I'm not a scientist or scholar but I have heard of peer reviewed studies. So I assume it would be verified by their peers in the same field of study. Which would also let Christians in the same field of study review the findings as well, I would think. But either way these findings have been discovered by some of the greatest minds in recent human history. 

 

I think the real question here is for you dude:

 

Are you a Christian again? And if so what made you change your resolve as a non-believer? I'm sure AIK, Edgarcito, and all of us exchristians would like to know.

 

DB

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2022 at 6:40 PM, walterpthefirst said:

 

Astute observation, Myrkhoos.

 

In terms of debate, Christians who invoke subjectivity to validate their claims are committing the fallacy of special pleading.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_pleading

 

But if you were to point this out to them they would just use the fallacy again.  "God is not bound by human rules of debate."  or  "We all think subjectively, so my arguments are just as valid as yours."   or even...  "All human thought is subjective, so the only way to the truth is by faith."

 

🙄

 

 

 

 

 

I think this is the MAIN place where I have an issue with how I saw, experienced Christianity. I remember vividly, like a divine intervention, the moment where I had a flash of detachment and asked, but, how do I know my experience is valid and the Muslim and Hindu not when my interpretation is basically based on faith(trust) and obedience?

 

        If subjectivity is, like one of your replies, inherent in human knowledge, then our ONLY way to truth is the opposite of faith, which is skepticism. 

     If again, God is not bound by human rules, then we have no way of understanding him, so skepticism towards any God propositions seems the logical step.

      If your thoughts are just as valid as mine, then you have juat destroyed your entire argument - then an atheist is just as right as you are, so again skepticism towards the idea of Absolute truth.

    I am  (somewhat?) begining to practice daoism, but it is a form based on a basic skepticism - I realise the inherent limit of my thoughts and experience and am willing to enter conversation. 

    I believe this is the attitude of healthy knowledge making ( I want to avoid the term "science" here as it might be too broad and too narrow in the same time) - an investigative skepticism. At least this is what I am trying to enact in my life at the moment.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.