Goodbye Jesus

The tower of Babel

DarkBishop

8 hours ago, aik said:

But God has told me that He has souls here in the Satan's house. And I am here to crush the power of lies before the sight of some people who will be freed.

Delusional, with a side salad of narcissism.

Standby for "You're all going to burn in hell!!!!!!" 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Weezer said:

Aik, The way I see it, you are the one who is without knowledge.  You don't know how much you don't know.  I was born into christianity and invited the holy spirit into my life and it never came.  I have studied the bible since 10 years of age, and discovered how inconsistant it is.  When that no longer made sense I looked into other religions and saw they are all the same.  They are myths. I am also a retired mental health professional and believe you are delusional.  If you don't know what that means, look it up.  In your delusion you think you have the truth because you have a deep down feeling.  It is a very complicated process, and unless you have studied the dynamics, you do not understand it.  I am agnostic because I have studied religions, including Jesus (yes, belief in Jesus is religion) extensively, and decided the circumstantial evidence does not add up.  There may be a "god" somewhere, but if there is, I don't believe it is the one you read about in the bible.  So I believe my years of prayer and study is more valid than your feeling, and choose not to continue this discussion.    Best wishes!

I will tell you a story. Recent times. Not so much ago. 

My uncle is a preacher. He entered the church in 1992 or about. There was a period that he was a leader of new comers. I don't know a correct word in english. Excuse me. These were newly repented believers. Once he saw that one of them had something that disturbed him. Looking at his face my uncle understood that not everything was ok. He asked privately if he had some issue. So that young man said that there was an issue but he had no courage to say it. Then he told his story to my uncle. As follows, this guy long ago before he repented when he was not a believer he stole a picture from a shop. And now he regrets about what he had done and wishes to give that back. You in America call it restitution. But in this case nobody told him or forced him, none knew about this case if this guy had not told it. So he said that he wishes to give it back to the shop, but he was afraid. My uncle offered him to go with him if he did not mind. So he agreed. They went to the shop, found a shop holder, and my uncle told the whole story. Then the guy asked for forgiveness to the holder. The holder blessed him and occasionally he opened himself also to be a believer christian. 

I tried to be short. So I am asking now. Is it a religion or it was faith? Nobody was telling this guy to restitute, and nobody knew about it. Who turned his heart upside down? Who influenced his mind? And what is wrong with this action?

5 hours ago, Rev R said:

1. You do not have the privilege of addressing me as "friend". Please refrain.
2. Reading is not understanding. Reading is not empathizing. As demonstrated by "you and your friends are in a wrong place my friend". That any of us are in a "wrong" place is an assumption on your part, that once again belittles and disregards experience. I thought that was important to you. Only if it results in conversion, it seems.
3. More grandiose claims.

4. Doctors do not barge into people's homes, diagnose them, and then attempt to convince them that they need treatment. Yours is not the approach of a doctor, it is the approach of a colonizer. 

5. The only painful situation here is, to be perfectly frank, that you have allowed yourself no other choice than to think little of folks around here. Had you been acting out of love, you wouldn't want to spit in our faces. Had you been acting out of love, you would realize how insulting and disrespectful it is to continue using the same playbook. We've seen all your tricks many, many times before. Try something new.

1. I will not force in this issue.

2. I agree. I had feeling of communion with pain of some stories there. One of them moved my heart to stay here more. About pastor's abuse. But to feel empathy does not mean to agree. Different things. 

3. Which one? That truth has found me? But it is my story. 

4. If it is true I am ready to correct my approach. Maybe here it does not look like colonizing. But you feel so. Ok. I will think about it.

Very often I have to react on double standards usage. 

5. Accepted. 

What is your story?

4 hours ago, sdelsolray said:

Delusional, with a side salad of narcissism.

What is delusional?

16 minutes ago, aik said:

tried to be short. So I am asking now. Is it a religion or it was faith? Nobody was telling this guy to restitute, and nobody knew about it. Who turned his heart upside down? Who influenced his mind? And what is wrong with this action?

I know this question was for Weezer but I'd like to say that nothing is wrong with this action. Its good that the shop owner didn't want to hold him accountable. But your wrong that no one told him he needed to return it. I had similar feelings about some things I had stolen in my past. But those things were long gone when I repented. 

The bible told him. In the ten commandments. "Thou shalt not steal". He knew he had stolen something and still had it. He felt guilty because he hadnt returned it. If he was truly a believer of course he would want to return it. 

Let me ask you this. This is hypothetical. If the bible said that drinking carbonated beverages was wrong. Would you feel guilty drinking a carbonated beverage? I know the bible doesn't say that. But if it did. Would you follow what the Bible said?

DB

9 minutes ago, aik said:

What is delusional?

de·lu·sion·al

/dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/

adjective

characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DarkBishop said:

I know this question was for Weezer but I'd like to say that nothing is wrong with this action. Its good that the shop owner didn't want to hold him accountable. But your wrong that no one told him he needed to return it. I had similar feelings about some things I had stolen in my past. But those things were long gone when I repented. 

The bible told him. In the ten commandments. "Thou shalt not steal". He knew he had stolen something and still had it. He felt guilty because he hadnt returned it. If he was truly a believer of course he would want to return it. 

Let me ask you this. This is hypothetical. If the bible said that drinking carbonated beverages was wrong. Would you feel guilty drinking a carbonated beverage? I know the bible doesn't say that. But if it did. Would you follow what the Bible said?

DB

Yes sure. You are right. I mean it. That not a man told him but the Bible. So in Romans chapter 7 we read that when a commandment came I died. Why? Because a commandment showd the sin. If there was no law, there was not sin. It does not mean that there was not sin ever, but it says that there was not accountability for a sin, such as by law. But everyone was judged upon his own conciense. But when the law came it showd what the sin was, to bring men to their sentence. 

Just now, DarkBishop said:

de·lu·sion·al

/dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/

Learn to pronounce

adjective

characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

😄 ok. Thank you. And thank to an author of the post. 

28 minutes ago, aik said:

Nobody was telling this guy to restitute, and nobody knew about it. Who turned his heart upside down? Who influenced his mind? And what is wrong with this action?

Aik, the man’s desire to make restitution is good and noble, but such behavior is not confined to christians or even theists.  Humans are social creatures, and wanting to right wrongs  - including wrongs we have done to others - is a common trait.  We are fearfully and wonderfully evolved.  

When I was a christian I had a strong sense of personal honesty.  If I received too much change when paying for stuff in a shop, I would always point it out.  I have that same commitment to honesty now as an atheist, even though I don’t believe any god is watching.  It’s part of my particular personality, god or no god.  There are honest and dishonest christians, just as there are honest and dishonest muslims and atheists.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, aik said:

Yes sure. You are right. I mean it. That not a man told him but the Bible. So in Romans chapter 7 we read that when a commandment came I died. Why? Because a commandment showd the sin. If there was no law, there was not sin. It does not mean that there was not sin ever, but it says that there was not accountability for a sin, such as by law. But everyone was judged upon his own conciense. But when the law came it showd what the sin was, to bring men to their sentence. 

Right, so it wasn't the Holy Ghost telling him he needed to return it. He felt that way because he was a believer. Like any good believer should feel if they truly believe the Bible. 

But because the Bible says that. Just like when you talked about your wife deciding to dress more modestly. The believer interprets that the Holy Ghost is telling them it is wrong because they feel guilty about it. The Bible causes the guilt in the believer by what it says is sin. Then the guilt is assumed to be the Holy Ghost. It is just feelings. And feelings do not have to be based on truth. As we have already discussed. 

DB

It is a deep night here. I am saying have a nice time. I will answer later. 

1 hour ago, DarkBishop said:

de·lu·sion·al

/dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/

adjective

So you discount the power of the mind?

11 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

DarkBishop was responding to aik's request for the meaning of delusional.

He gave a dictionary meaning.

As you have sometimes done when the meaning of a word is under scrutiny.

He made no other claim, asserted nothing else and was simply helping a person who's first language is not English.

If you have a problem with the word delusional Edgarcito, take it up with sdelsolray.

9 minutes ago, walterpthefirst said:

DarkBishop was responding to aik's request for the meaning of delusional.

He gave a dictionary meaning.

As you have sometimes done when the meaning of a word is under scrutiny.

He made no other claim, asserted nothing else and was simply helping a person who's first language is not English.

If you have a problem with the word delusional Edgarcito, take it up with sdelsolray.

DB included himself in the interpretation when he bolded certain words.

8 hours ago, Weezer said:

Aik, The way I see it, 

Stop right there.  

47 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Of course not. The power of the mind is the whole Christian experience. 

DB

32 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

DB included himself in the interpretation when he bolded certain words.

Just wanted to put emphasis on the reality and rational argument part.

2 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Just wanted to put emphasis on the reality and rational argument part.

There are likely millions of Christians in the fundamental stages and later.  Are they all delusional?

10 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

There are likely millions of Christians in the fundamental stages and later.  Are they all delusional?

Yes, just as I was.

13 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

My Parthian shot for today.

Edgarcito, you recently agreed that the appropriate response to subjectivity was scepticism, not faith.

To be consistent with that you should be sceptical of the subjective beliefs of these millions of Christians.

And you should also be sceptical of aik's subjective beliefs too.

4 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Yes, just as I was.

Lol, oh but you're ok now.  Lol.

3 minutes ago, walterpthefirst said:

My Parthian shot for today.

Edgarcito, you recently agreed that the appropriate response to subjectivity was scepticism, not faith.

To be consistent with that you should be sceptical of the subjective beliefs of these millions of Christians.

And you should also be sceptical of aik's subjective beliefs too.

As I am also skeptical to everyone being labeled delusional....

7 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Lol, oh but you're ok now.  Lol.

Yep

2 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Yep

You're just in different position DB.  You profess X while still not understanding spirit, love, etc..  How does that not make you equally delusional.