Jump to content

re-introduction of sorts


Rev R
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello there.

Been a while since I rolled through here. Was thinking about it the other day. Glad to see it still around, albeit with a fresh (to me) coat of paint.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Rev R. Welcome back!!

 

I'm guessing that Rev means you were a Reverend?

 

DB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

only by means of a paper I printed off the internet back in 01 (tongue was firmly in cheek that day). accumulated a few of those over the years, but the Church of the Latter Day Dude is my favorite.

religiously, I'm a legit "never was". dabbled in Neo-Paganism, Zen guy for a long time. Names for things aren't much of a big deal anymore. 

how are you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Rev R said:

only by means of a paper I printed off the internet back in 01 (tongue was firmly in cheek that day). accumulated a few of those over the years, but the Church of the Latter Day Dude is my favorite.

religiously, I'm a legit "never was". dabbled in Neo-Paganism, Zen guy for a long time. Names for things aren't much of a big deal anymore. 

how are you?

I'm doing good. I actually became a dudeist priest too. I had lost my official credentials when I left the church. And I had a friend that was going to get married and wanted me to officiate. So I got the dudeist priest certificate and then he never got married 🤣 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Life's weird that way. What robe did you wear back in the day?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I officiated three weddings for close friends, but I don't remember which church org it was with.  The first couple signed me up and had the certificate sent to my apartment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2022 at 5:11 PM, Rev R said:

Life's weird that way. What robe did you wear back in the day?

We didn't wear a robe. 

 

I was in a fundamental holiness church (The Church of God of the Gospel assembly) that used the biblical term Bishop for pastors over a church. You could also be ordained an Evangelist if you wanted to travel from church to church. 

 

It was just the way they interpreted that subject in the bible. 

 

DB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Krowb said:

I officiated three weddings for close friends, but I don't remember which church org it was with.  The first couple signed me up and had the certificate sent to my apartment.

 

I only got to officiate one wedding so far. It was when I was still a Bishop. Thankfully they are still happily married. Most successful thing that came of my time as a minister. 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Krowb said:

I officiated three weddings for close friends, but I don't remember which church org it was with.  The first couple signed me up and had the certificate sent to my apartment.

How did you find the experience?

 

 

 

3 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

We didn't wear a rope. 

 

I was in a fundamental holiness church (The Church of God of the Gospel assembly) that used the biblical term Bishop for pastors over a church. You could also be ordained an Evangelist if you wanted to travel from church to church. 

 

It was just the way they interpreted that subject in the bible. 

 

DB

That's a new one for me. Did they have large doors since you could only move diagonally? (sorry. I just really like that joke.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Rev R said:

How did you find the experience?

For two of the couples we were all close friends and none of them were really religious and I felt honored they wanted me to officiate.  Since I was neither a judge nor a minister the first couple took it upon themselves to have me "ordained" for a de minimus donation lol.

 

The third couple was a close friend from high school and I was honored.

 

All three are still happily married almost 10, 9, & 8 years later respectively.

 

I was a still a firm believer at the time, but knowing all the couples closely, I kept the religious aspect generic.

 

I'm a talker, so it was a lot of fun.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Rev R said:

That's a new one for me. Did they have large doors since you could only move diagonally? (sorry. I just really like that joke.

🤣 🤣 🤣  took me a minute to get it!! 

 

Thats a good one. Actually the first time I've heard it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2022 at 6:11 PM, DarkBishop said:

🤣🤣🤣  took me a minute to get it!! 

 

Thats a good one. Actually the first time I've heard it. 

It is possible that it's an R original. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.