Goodbye Jesus

re-introduction of sorts

Rev R

Hello there.

Been a while since I rolled through here. Was thinking about it the other day. Glad to see it still around, albeit with a fresh (to me) coat of paint.  

Hello Rev R. Welcome back!!

I'm guessing that Rev means you were a Reverend?

DB

only by means of a paper I printed off the internet back in 01 (tongue was firmly in cheek that day). accumulated a few of those over the years, but the Church of the Latter Day Dude is my favorite.

religiously, I'm a legit "never was". dabbled in Neo-Paganism, Zen guy for a long time. Names for things aren't much of a big deal anymore. 

how are you?

51 minutes ago, Rev R said:

only by means of a paper I printed off the internet back in 01 (tongue was firmly in cheek that day). accumulated a few of those over the years, but the Church of the Latter Day Dude is my favorite.

religiously, I'm a legit "never was". dabbled in Neo-Paganism, Zen guy for a long time. Names for things aren't much of a big deal anymore. 

how are you?

I'm doing good. I actually became a dudeist priest too. I had lost my official credentials when I left the church. And I had a friend that was going to get married and wanted me to officiate. So I got the dudeist priest certificate and then he never got married 🤣 

Life's weird that way. What robe did you wear back in the day?

I officiated three weddings for close friends, but I don't remember which church org it was with.  The first couple signed me up and had the certificate sent to my apartment.

On 11/18/2022 at 5:11 PM, Rev R said:

Life's weird that way. What robe did you wear back in the day?

We didn't wear a robe. 

I was in a fundamental holiness church (The Church of God of the Gospel assembly) that used the biblical term Bishop for pastors over a church. You could also be ordained an Evangelist if you wanted to travel from church to church. 

It was just the way they interpreted that subject in the bible. 

DB

6 minutes ago, Krowb said:

I officiated three weddings for close friends, but I don't remember which church org it was with.  The first couple signed me up and had the certificate sent to my apartment.

I only got to officiate one wedding so far. It was when I was still a Bishop. Thankfully they are still happily married. Most successful thing that came of my time as a minister. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Krowb said:

How did you find the experience?

3 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

We didn't wear a rope. 

I was in a fundamental holiness church (The Church of God of the Gospel assembly) that used the biblical term Bishop for pastors over a church. You could also be ordained an Evangelist if you wanted to travel from church to church. 

It was just the way they interpreted that subject in the bible. 

DB

That's a new one for me. Did they have large doors since you could only move diagonally? (sorry. I just really like that joke.)

6 minutes ago, Rev R said:

How did you find the experience?

For two of the couples we were all close friends and none of them were really religious and I felt honored they wanted me to officiate.  Since I was neither a judge nor a minister the first couple took it upon themselves to have me "ordained" for a de minimus donation lol.

The third couple was a close friend from high school and I was honored.

All three are still happily married almost 10, 9, & 8 years later respectively.

I was a still a firm believer at the time, but knowing all the couples closely, I kept the religious aspect generic.

I'm a talker, so it was a lot of fun.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rev R said:

That's a new one for me. Did they have large doors since you could only move diagonally? (sorry. I just really like that joke.

🤣 🤣 🤣  took me a minute to get it!! 

Thats a good one. Actually the first time I've heard it. 

On 11/18/2022 at 6:11 PM, DarkBishop said:

🤣🤣🤣  took me a minute to get it!! 

Thats a good one. Actually the first time I've heard it. 

It is possible that it's an R original.