Goodbye Jesus

MAYBE WE WERE MADE IN GOD'S IMAGE!!

Weezer

42 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

Bouncer at the door?

The alleged god dude that runs the club.

On 12/10/2022 at 10:06 PM, older said:

The alleged god dude that runs the club.

But Biblegod said that Jesus paid the price for everything and all you have to do is believe that he paid your entrance fee to this proverbial club. Why would you be groveling and begging to get in?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, duderonomy said:

But Biblegod said that Jesus paid the price for everything and all you have to do is believe that he paid your entrance fee to this proverbial club. Why would you be groveling and begging to get in?

Because you don't get in on your terms.

You get in on god's terms.

Believing that Jesus paid the price means accepting god's terms and conditions.

Which means grovelling before for him to get in.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, walterpthefirst said:

Because you don't get in on your terms.

You get in on god's terms.

Believing that Jesus paid the price means accepting god's terms and conditions.

Which means grovelling before for him to get in.

You have a somewhat unusual idea of what groveling is.  

7 hours ago, duderonomy said:

You have a somewhat unusual idea of what groveling is.  

If abasing myself and totally submitting to the will of another person to stop them from torturing me forever isn't grovelling then what is?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, walterpthefirst said:

If abasing myself and totally submitting to the will of another person to stop them from torturing me forever isn't grovelling then what is?

If you think Biblegod is 'another person' we can't, as Christians or Ex-Christians or Scientists or Assholes, discuss this with any real degree of rationality.  You are disbelieving in a different god than the Christian one.

47 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

If you think Biblegod is 'another person' we can't, as Christians or Ex-Christians or Scientists or Assholes, discuss this with any real degree of rationality.  You are disbelieving in a different god than the Christian one.

How about we reword then . . .

18 hours ago, walterpthefirst said:

If abasing myself and totally submitting to the will of another entity to stop them from torturing me forever isn't grovelling then what is?

Does that fit better?

6 hours ago, duderonomy said:

How about 'intelligent being' ?

And since we are talking about accepting the terms and conditions of something, who are you to decide that we can't discuss this with any degree of rationality?

Let's see you present some evidence for that before we just accept your assertion.

More than the next assertion that I am disbelieving in the wrong god.

• Super Moderator

PERSON = "any entity that has the moral right of self-determination."

https://mind.ilstu.edu/curriculum/what_is_a_person/what_is_a_person.html

Does the christian god have free will?  Does he have the moral right to self-determination?

On 12/13/2022 at 9:24 PM, duderonomy said:

You are disbelieving in a different god than the Christian one.

I would hate to disbelieve in the wrong one.  Please show us the Christian god.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Weezer said:

I would hate to disbelieve in the wrong one.  Please show us the Christian god.

But then again, forget I said anything.  Disbelieving in something that does not exist is rather pointless.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
38 minutes ago, Weezer said:

But then again, forget I said anything.  Disbelieving in something that does not exist is rather pointless.

You don't think it's important that we disbelieve in the correct version of an imaginary god?  What if we end up in Islamic heaven because Allah was pleased with our disbelief in jesus?  

• Haha 2

• Super Moderator

Worse still, what if the Jehovah's Witnesses god expects us to repopulate an entire planet because we rejected the Southern Baptist version of jesus?  Do you think Allah would maybe loan us a few virgins from his heaven to help us out?  These things matter, Weezer!  It's important to know which imaginary being we're rejecting so that we know which imaginary afterlife to prepare for.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Worse still, what if the Jehovah's Witnesses god expects us to repopulate an entire planet because we rejected the Southern Baptist version of jesus?  Do you think Allah would maybe loan us a few virgins from his heaven to help us out?  These things matter, Weezer!  It's important to know which imaginary being we're rejecting so that we know which imaginary afterlife to prepare for.

Careful there, Prof.

It's my understanding that the virgins inhabiting the Islamic heaven magically regain their virginity shortly after losing it. 

So that the lucky men in Allah's heaven get to enjoy taking their virginity again and again, for all eternity. 

But that system is meant to work only there.

If you bring some of those virgins down to earth to impregnate them then you'll end up with a whole lot of virgin births after nine months.

Oops!

😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Super Moderator
38 minutes ago, walterpthefirst said:

If you bring some of those virgins down to earth to impregnate them then you'll end up with a whole lot of virgin births after nine months.

So, my planet will have an infinite supply of messiahs?  Rock on imaginary jesuses!

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator

According to Pascal's Wager, it is better to believe in the correct god; because, if you're wrong, you lose nothing.

According to Duderascal's Wager, it is better to disbelieve in the correct god; because, if you're right, you lose nothing. 

On 12/13/2022 at 11:13 PM, freshstart said:

How about we reword then . . .

Does that fit better?

That's between you and Walter I guess.

3 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

According to Pascal's Wager, it is better to believe in the correct god; because, if you're wrong, you lose nothing.

According to Duderascal's Wager, it is better to disbelieve in the correct god; because, if you're right, you lose nothing. 

You aren't part of the solution prof.

11 hours ago, Weezer said:

I'm trying to remember if I've ever disbelieved in something that doesn't exist, and I think you're right Weezer.   It would be pointless.

On 12/14/2022 at 8:47 AM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

PERSON = "any entity that has the moral right of self-determination."

https://mind.ilstu.edu/curriculum/what_is_a_person/what_is_a_person.html

Does the christian god have free will?  Does he have the moral right to self-determination?

A dog has the moral right of self determination, and so does a Goldfish.  Are either of them a PERSON?   If not, why not?  Is there more to what a person is than these two attributes? 

"Does the christian god have free will?  Does he have the moral right to self-determination?"   I think the Bible would say yes to the first part but with limitations because there are things that Biblegod can't do.  To the second, I think the answer would be yes but it's already a done deal and cannot change.

Of course that's my opinion, but then it's as good as yours or anyone else's, right?

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, duderonomy said:

A dog has the moral right of self determination, and so does a Goldfish.  Are either of them a PERSON?   If not, why not?  Is there more to what a person is than these two attributes? 

"Does the christian god have free will?  Does he have the moral right to self-determination?"   I think the Bible would say yes to the first part but with limitations because there are things that Biblegod can't do.  To the second, I think the answer would be yes but it's already a done deal and cannot change.

Of course that's my opinion, but then it's as good as yours or anyone else's, right?

If the christian god is less of a person than a dog or a goldfish (as you indicate here he is, due to his limitations and the inability to change his self-determination), then there is no compelling reason to believe in him, or even call him "god."  Thank you for sharing your opinion.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

If the christian god is less of a person than a dog or a goldfish (as you indicate here he is, due to his limitations and the inability to change his self-determination), then there is no compelling reason to believe in him, or even call him "god."  Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Prof, your response here is full of shit. Is it on purpose? Are you lazy?  Show me where I said that the christian (or Christian, for those that prefer proper spelling)  god (same) is less of a person than a dog or a Goldfish.

Show me.  

Before demanding the Prof do anything, there's some outstanding business between you and I that you need to attend to, Duderonomy.

And since we are talking about accepting the terms and conditions of something, who are you to decide that we can't discuss this with any degree of rationality?

Let's see you present some evidence for that before we just accept your assertion.

So, please present said evidence.

Thank you.

• Super Moderator
7 hours ago, duderonomy said:

Show me.

No.  You can read.  So you can go back to your own post and see for yourself where and how you gave that indication.

20 hours ago, walterpthefirst said:

Before demanding the Prof do anything, there's some outstanding business between you and I that you need to attend to, Duderonomy.

So, please present said evidence.

Thank you.

No.  You can read.  So you can go back to your own post and see for yourself where and how you gave that indication.