Goodbye Jesus

Your father's DNA

aik

3 minutes ago, Hierophant said:

Yes. Repented and baptized in Iraq in 2004. I got baptized again in 2014 or 2015 because I kept having doubts about my salvation and wanted to make sure I did it with better knowledge of what I thought it meant to be a follower of Christ.

And you are still in doubt. friend. Have you ever read in the Bible that the baptism is only one? You can leave it without answer, if you want. Just asked.

What was the name of the church? the last one.

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, aik said:

And you are still in doubt. friend. Have you ever read in the Bible that the baptism is only one? You can leave it without answer, if you want. Just asked.

What was the name of the church? the last one.

I know that only one is required, but I felt the need to get baptized again, because I felt as though I didn't really know what I was signing up for the first time. When I did it the second time, I did it thinking I understood what was required. Not just a get out of hell pass, but committing myself to being a servant of God/Jesus.

Last church I went to was Thunder Mountain Community Church in Sierra Vista, Arizona. I was then stationed in Korea and went to the military chapel a few times.

Did you read my post in the Lion's Den about evidence and how we know what we know? I go into why I doubt in that post.

1 minute ago, Hierophant said:

I know that only one is required, but I felt the need to get baptized again, because I felt as though I didn't really know what I was signing up for the first time. When I did it the second time, I did it thinking I understood what was required. Not just a get out of hell pass, but committing myself to being a servant of God/Jesus.

Last church I went to was Thunder Mountain Community Church in Sierra Vista, Arizona. I was then stationed in Korea and went to the military chapel a few times.

Did you read my post in the Lion's Den about evidence and how we know what we know? I go into why I doubt in that post.

Thanks. Yes I did read your post. I am planning to go there. Just a little bit later. When I get more free time. 

I understand your story of baptisms. 

Have I got the right link here? Thunder Mountain Church | Sierra Vista, Arizona 

• Super Moderator
10 minutes ago, aik said:

Thanks. Yes I did read your post. I am planning to go there. Just a little bit later. When I get more free time. 

I understand your story of baptisms. 

Have I got the right link here? Thunder Mountain Church | Sierra Vista, Arizona 

That's the one

On 11/28/2022 at 6:16 AM, aik said:

Walter, do not try to catch me. I do not know how it was shown to Jesus.

I'm pretty sure this was written because they believed the earth was flat and that if you found a high enough mountain that you could see all the kingdoms of earth. This one thing explains a lot of wording in the bible. 

Such as God looking down from heaven. If he was that high up he could see everything on a flat earth. This makes me curious. They didn't recognize that rain came from clouds. So I wander if they thought God traveled on the clouds?..... hmm ill have to look into that. And see if there is anything to it.

DB

• Like 1