Goodbye Jesus

Unhappy Thanksgiving

JasonPatch

I want to be happy & celebrate today. Afterall, I have so much to be thankful for. But, I gotta be real. I'm sad. I miss my kids so fucking much. I wonder what they are doing right now. Lord please let them remember me in a good way. Bring them back to me someday.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Super Moderator
2 hours ago, JasonPatch said:

I want to be happy & celebrate today. Afterall, I have so much to be thankful for. But, I gotta be real. I'm sad. I miss my kids so fucking much. I wonder what they are doing right now. Lord please let them remember me in a good way. Bring them back to me someday.

That's a sentiment that I can support, even if I don't join you in prayer.  I have a son out there in the world somewhere I haven't seen since 2020.  I know he's okay; he texts occasionally.  But I'd sell my soul to the devil for the chance for him and me to share some of our lives with each other.  Well, I wouldn't actually sell my soul to the devil; but I would give him his golden fiddle back.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, JasonPatch said:

Sorry both of you had a bad day.  The worst thing I experienced today was listening to some of the soap opera that goes on in my wifes family.

• Super Moderator
5 hours ago, Weezer said:

Sorry both of you had a bad day. 

Oh, I wouldn't say I had a bad day.  Ms. Professor roasted a very nice duck and Professor Jr. helped with some of the fixings.  I spent a productive day on my latest woodworking project.  Still, I miss having both of my sons around, especially during the holidays. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Weezer said:

Sorry both of you had a bad day.  The worst thing I experienced today was listening to some of the soap opera that goes on in my wifes family.

I should have added that in addition to some of them leading a soap opera life, they are some of the worlds best cooks.  It was one of the best meals we have had in ages.  As a diabetic I had to take a LOT of extra insulin to compensate for all I ate.

On 11/24/2022 at 1:08 PM, JasonPatch said:

Only three postings JosonPatch, welcome to Ex-Christ. Unhappiness and worrying must be dealt with. Often such thoughts are just a matter of adjusting your brain to think differently -- in a more positive way. Also with a more positive attitude you also have a better chance of effecting change to improve your happiness.

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2022 at 6:08 AM, JasonPatch said:

I am sad too. I hope you can meet your kids and be happy.