Goodbye Jesus

Guardian Angel BS

Moxie

Today a relative told me that my grandmother, who died in 2006, is my guardian angel watching over me, and is the reason I've made it through life thus far since her death. Not my hard work, not luck, not other people helping me here and there. Nope.

I just let her talk, but what she doesn't realise is, life just doesn't work that way.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Moxie said:

Today a relative told me that my grandmother, who died in 2006, is my guardian angel watching over me, and is the reason I've made it through life thus far since her death. Not my hard work, not luck, not other people helping me here and there. Nope.

I just let her talk, but what she doesn't realise is, life just doesn't work that way.

I dunno....as I have gotten older I have realized that in alot of ways for the lack of a better way of putting it.  "Shit ain't that deep."    Like my best friend is a pagan who swore up and down that right after a close family member of mine died that he saw her in the room with me and disappeared after noticing his arrival.   Who am I to really say in any objective factual sense?   Do I believe that to happen...not exactly....but do I recognize that it was true for him.   Yes I do.   I don't know know enough to feel resentment anymore.    Makes talking more peaceful.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Hey, good to see you again, @Moxie.  You handled that situation probably the best way you could have.  Likely your relative was subconsciously expressing some still-unprocessed grief over your grandmother; and no good would have come from starting a fight iver it.  Still, annoying as hell, though.

• Like 1

Hey Moxie,

Christians really hold to the scant amount of scripture that suggest guardian angels to much.

Nowhere does it suggest a gaurdian angel is a relative or loved one. Mostly Angels are completely separate beings and on a different level than humans. More so a different species of heavenly beings than humans. 

But like @Weezer suggested this is probably a product of your relatives grief. It is a comfort to think a deceased loved one is watching over another family member or themselves. That way they are never really gone in ones mind. 

It is sad that your relative discredited all of your achievements by telling you this. But that is the Christian way. For them they give all the glory to God for their achievements in life. If they know you don't believe maybe this is their way of explaining why you have been blessed without God in your life.

"Oh well that's because your grandmother is watching over you and making sure you get what you need". 

You titled this post correctly. That is Bullshit with a capital B! Your achievements are yours and yours alone. Don't let anyone take that from you. 

Sincerely,

Dark Bishop

• Like 1

Most people just don't care about truth that much, they care about feeling good. I mean I see rambling about God's love in such contradictory and bullshit ways it looks they're high af. And they are. On the mir illusions. God loves you when he sends you to hell stuff. Like an abuser who out of love strikes his loved one, for their own good, which nobody else can apparently figure out. Life is full of suffering and people invent coping mechanism that are much deeper than reason. I can attest to that myself. I mean the hook is just...do this and get eternal bliss and feeling like you're in the know here. True or not, I feel like many people go along with it because it's better than their ordinary life.:)

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 7:16 PM, Moxie said:

Yup, no Gog, no Jesus, no angels, devils, no guardian angels, etc.,  just a lot of BS called religion. But I'm sure your relative meant well like most religious folks do IMO.

• Like 1