Goodbye Jesus

More convinced 99 percent of religion is just psychological defense mechanisms/indoctrination

Myrkhoos

1 hour ago, Myrkhoos said:

I get your point, but they would have to start off by having a basic level of trust in those sciences. If you start off with "these are devilish notions, just keep my head low and act like nothing is happening" then that education will be all for nothing. One needs to be open to be educated. That is the thing. When I was in my most devoted phase I would look at anything contradicting my belief as a demonic or fallen nature delusion, end of period. It wouldn't have mattered what any Nobel prize winner said, or any other authority figure. There was God and there was the Devil. Anything contradicting God's wisdom was to be discarded. That is why, although I agree with general education, that mostly works for lukewarm believers. Which, let's be real, are the VAST majority. ;)

But lots of religions sow a distrust in one's reason and senses and absolute trust in doctrine and authority. You cannot talk to someone deep into that kind of mentality. He may even grant you that certain things seem.obvious, but that is just because we share a very broken and deluded mind. But that is I think more in Western societies.

What you say above chimes with our experiences with aik, Mykhoos.

Shortly after he arrived he gave his assurance that he would look at all topics with an open mind.

Perhaps, in his own thinking he has done so.

But as we have seen he rejects any science or evidence that contradicts god's wisdom.

And as you've correctly pointed out, we just cannot talk to someone so deep in that kind of mentality.

Dark Bishop, Hierophant and TABA have tried and are trying to do so.

I've stopped doing so, recognizing that aik will only listen to Jesus (i.e., aik himself).

Thank you,

Walter.

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, walterpthefirst said:

god's wisdom

Wouldn't this be an oxymoron, like jumbo shrimp, black light, or christian college?

8 hours ago, Myrkhoos said:

I get your point, but they would have to start off by having a basic level of trust in those sciences. If you start off with "these are devilish notions, just keep my head low and act like nothing is happening" then that education will be all for nothing. One needs to be open to be educated. That is the thing. When I was in my most devoted phase I would look at anything contradicting my belief as a demonic or fallen nature delusion, end of period. It wouldn't have mattered what any Nobel prize winner said, or any other authority figure. There was God and there was the Devil. Anything contradicting God's wisdom was to be discarded. That is why, although I agree with general education, that mostly works for lukewarm believers. Which, let's be real, are the VAST majority. ;)

But lots of religions sow a distrust in one's reason and senses and absolute trust in doctrine and authority. You cannot talk to someone deep into that kind of mentality. He may even grant you that certain things seem.obvious, but that is just because we share a very broken and deluded mind. But that is I think more in Western societies.

No, trust should have nothing to do with science, Either it;s logical or it's not. . For instance in the late 1950's and early 1960's I studied the sciences in college. Maybe 5 years before  I realized that all religions were 100% BS based upon my studies. I studied nearly all of the sciences and realized that much of it was very obviously true simply based upon logic alone. For instance i concluded that most of modern physics was also pure BS IMHO.  So the Big Bang theory is BS but most of Evolution theory is gold. If it sounds logical then it has a good chance of being true. If it doesn't make sense to you then there is a good chance that some or all of it could be wrong. In science, trust should have nothing to do with it IMO. Read to find out