Goodbye Jesus

Armageddon ordered!!

DarkBishop

Just ordered a hard copy of Bart Ehrmann's new book about the book of revelation. Super stoked to read this one. Revelations is key for the most toxic teachings in Christianity. It will be great reading about the book through the eyes of someone who actually understands what the book was about historically. 

20230317_013950.jpg

Best Regards,

Dark Bishop

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, excited to read this one myself!

Meanwhile, check out Bart’s current podcast series “Misquoting Jesus”.   Can’t beat the price: it’s free to all.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/misquoting-jesus-with-bart-ehrman/id1650657462

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, TABA said:

Yeah, excited to read this one myself!

Meanwhile, check out Bart’s current podcast series “Misquoting Jesus”.   Can’t beat the price: it’s free to all.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/misquoting-jesus-with-bart-ehrman/id1650657462

I've been watching it on Bart's YouTube channel. They've been posting the videos there too. They have been doing a great job. 

DB

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

I read the title and immediately assumed this thread was going to be about some crazy shit Marjorie Taylor Greene had said.

• Haha 3

Armageddon...

Let the games begin!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I read the title and immediately assumed this thread was going to be about some crazy shit Marjorie Taylor Greene had said.

Well I guess I should know if she had said it , she is my representative. But no, its just a bunch of stuff Bart Ehrman wrote down on paper. Lmao 🤣 🤣 🤣 

DB

I've been watching the Misquoting Jesus vids on YouTube where he is interviewed by Megan Lewis of Digital Hammurabi. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAg0_mB5CiQ

23 hours ago, Fuego said:

I've been watching the Misquoting Jesus vids on YouTube where he is interviewed by Megan Lewis of Digital Hammurabi. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAg0_mB5CiQ

Interesting video.  (and interesting hair style)😁  And it looked like Megan was having a hard time staying awake through the whole thing.  And Bart is not the serious, boring, studious guy I thought he would be.  I have read a couple of his books and plan to check out his videos.

Hey DB, End-of-the-World Armageddon via Revelation, is my favorite book of stupidity in the New Testament. and Genesis is my favorite book of stupidity in the old Testament.  Hope you have some good laughs reading this book Armageddon -- where Revelation draws some parallels to the book Alice in Wonderland, but not with quite as much logic IMO :) Maybe more like the short verse Humpty Dumpty?

• Like 1

Decades ago when I was still going to church I was in an adult sunday school class when the authorship of Revelation came up.  Someone ask me who I thought wrote it, and I jokingly said I didn't know who wrote it, but it must have been a senile old man who was hallucinating.  😁  For some reason, no one laughed.  Not long after that I dropped out of church.

• Like 2

I was watching Bart this morning talking about why he deconverted. A fascinating part of the video was question in the latter 6th of the video about who actually wrote the gospels, and how could anyone remember what Jesus said decades later and in Greek, not Aramaic. He said that the initial cult/sect spoke Aramaic and then later converted some Greek speaking people, and that in a time when many were illiterate, it was culturally more important to give them words that were something like Jesus would have said but not literally what he said. What a far cry from Biblical literalists hanging on every nuance of meaning and verb tense!

He also spoke about how the Greek in the Revelation is really unrefined and in some cases grammatically incorrect. 

• Like 2