Goodbye Jesus

Do They Know Its A Scam

Guest Sas

Guest Sas

I have visited several Anti Religious Sites (mainly Christian ones) which dispute the Bible. The issue is not so much the content of those sites, but has anyone ever noticed that its only the gullible Christians or other faith beleivers that respond with their vitriol and stupidity and not the preachers or the apologetics.

You never see a preacher arguing a case because he has got his mind controlled dummies to do so. Preachers anonymously admit that when they study Theology they discover its a hoax. But as per usual its Power and Money that keeps their mouths shut. In the UK, a preacher would get a huge house with all his utilitiy bills paid for. His petrol and interest free loans. UK Clergy (in their important roles of office) have their sympathetic moans about their stipend (approx £20,000) being a pittance, but if one does not have to pay rent or bills its all extra cash and a lot of it, which more than their gullibel parishioners have. When they retire they get three times their stipend plus a house to live in either part paid or fully paid for by the Church. In return they perform the primitive rituals promising the gullible that they will be saved and receive everlasting life in return for a minimum of 5% of their net income which would be donated as Gift Aid to receive tax benefits all for 'the Good of the Church', none of which is donted to Charity. So much for the 'Poor Box'. Only 7% of Christian Aid actually goes to Charity. The rest goes on 'administration'. :scratch:

You will always find a preacher visiting Retirement Homes or lonely old people, but they refer to it as 'Pastoral Care'. But its more like scamming them for their money as their relatives haven't got the time to visit. 'Let us give thanks and praise to the Lord!'

Check out their Mona Lisa smiles as they pretend they are in the know and you will note that they are just as clueless about a God and the Universe as the one's they preach to.

I bet if one was to place two glasses of water in front of a Preacher and ask him to use his supernatural powers to bless one and then switch them around and ask the Preacher to guess which glass is the 'Holy Water'. Would he know?

How does dunking one in water remove 'original' sin?'. Doesn't that automatically happen when you have a bath or a shower?

This is a tough one but the best one to answer. If Jesus a Jewish Palestinian was to come again, would the clergy recognise him as the 'Son of God' or would they have him sectioned as a lunatic?

:scratch:

Hi Sas, and welcome.

And the answer is "no", they would not recognize Jezombi if he came back (or came first time). Since I've realized lately that Christians of all kinds follow the Pauline doctrines more than the ones found in the Gospels. The word Christians are misleading; they should call themselves Paulinians.

Hi Sas, and welcome.

And the answer is "no", they would not recognize Jezombi if he came back (or came first time). Since I've realized lately that Christians of all kinds follow the Pauline doctrines more than the ones found in the Gospels. The word Christians are misleading; they should call themselves Paulinians.

:beer: Hear, Hear!

Emerson had it right!

"If I know your sect, I anticipate your argument. I hear a preacher announce for his text and topic the expediency of one of the institutions of his church. Do I not know beforehand that not possibly can he say a new and spontaneous word? Do I not know that, with all this ostentation of examining the grounds of the institution, he will do no such thing? Do I not know that he is pledged to himself not to look but at one side, — the permitted side, not as a man, but as a parish minister? He is a retained attorney, and these airs of the bench are the emptiest affectation."

I have visited several Anti Religious Sites (mainly Christian ones) which dispute the Bible. The issue is not so much the content of those sites, but has anyone ever noticed that its only the gullible Christians or other faith beleivers that respond with their vitriol and stupidity and not the preachers or the apologetics.

I have formulated a new measure of Humans.

I call it the Gullibility Quotient.

The more gullible you are, the higher your GQ. It includes an increasing inability to think critically, and to blindly accept statements handed out by persons of "authority".

Someone with a low GQ will more likely to be skeptical, and have critical thinking skills.

Do'ya think I can get a lovely Government Grant to study this new term? <heh>

Interesting observation Sas, and welcome!

I'm not sure my own observations bear it out though. I have run across many an alleged-preacher on-line arguing apologetic claptrap.

Guest tigg13

Priests and ministers have enough trouble explaining their bullshit to the people who come to church every Sunday. The last thing they want to do is face off with someone who doesn't already believe that "all priests and ministers know everything" before the conversation begins.

You never see a preacher arguing a case because he has got his mind controlled dummies to do so.

Exactly.

To draw a parallel, it's pretty much the same with the neo-fascist scum here in Germany. There are those you see on the streets - the eternally-drunk skinhead gangs on the hunt for poor helpless dark-skinned victims to beat up (some two weeks ago their depravity reached a new high when some of them almost beat to death a 12 year old boy somewhere in the Eastern part of the country... whoah what heroic Pure-Bred Aryans™! Hitler would have been soooo proud of them... :vent: ). These are the ones causing all the trouble.

And there are the other ones. The really dangerous ones. The intellectuals. People with all the ideological fecal matter about the Herrenrasse and the Jewish and dark-skinned Untermenschen in their heads, but unfortunately, not unlike hitler himself, they are also not total idiots. They study politics, economy, law... they are busily building up their webs of connections to high-ranking people in politics and finance... they are the subversive elements who we should really fear and fight, much more than the braindead fuckfaces who like to beat up defenseless victims.

You know, I find it interesting how little modification is needed actually to transform a jebus cross into a swastika... :scratch:

(Of course, to be fair, I'd also have to figure out a way to do that with the muslim crescent... and if we examine the ultra-orthodox fanatics among them, even the star of david would sometimes deserve such a treatment. Plus, probably, the emblems of a number of other such groupings which I just don't think of right now)