Goodbye Jesus

The Long Arm Of Us Meddlers

Vigile

I just love how the US government and the Catholic church both feel they can dictate the personal freedoms of others. The US government here is the bigger culprit IMO as they feel they have the right to dictate to those who live outside their own borders. If America is the land of the free I wish they would come right out and give us all their definition of what freedom is because this ain't it in my book.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nati...mexdrugs04.html

"The sudden move, a day after Fox's spokesman said he would sign the bill, follows expressions of alarm from U.S. officials, Mexican church leaders and others that the proposed law could promote more drug use and drug dealing. Some said it might set a bad example of decriminalization."

Oh my dog! Americans might escape our iron grasp and get high while we are not looking. Can't have that! No... :loser:

The U.S. government Wednesday expressed a rare public objection to an internal Mexican political development, saying anyone caught with illegal drugs in Mexico should be prosecuted or given mandatory drug treatment.

Karen Tandy, chief of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, met with Mexican officials to express concerns that it could increase trafficking and lure Americans over the border for "drug tourism."