Goodbye Jesus

Your Worst Fundy Fear

Guest Emerson

So what happens when it doesn't happen again next year? The mental

gymnastics these fundies play are freakingly hilarious!

They'll say that a biblical generation can also be 70 or 100 years, and keep resetting the date.

I stopped listening to date-setters a long time ago because of an experience I had back in 1988, but I find their mental gymnastics hilarious, too! Check out these links:

http://www.religionisbullshit.org/2006/04/...e-to-glory.html

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/9941/index.html

Glory!

Thanks, Brother Jeff, for posting those links! I'll be reading through the stuff on the second link "until the end of time", whew, so much stuff there, dang!

I well remember the book "88 Reasons Why Jeezus Will Come in 1988". I also remember seeing, in my mind, quite clearly, the calendar page for January, 2000, and wondering if I actually would see it. Well, here we are!

Though I do hate to admit it, seeing the "rapture" take place and/or the rise of a truly world-wide leader who acted like the anti-Christ would kinda make me stop and think...

Guest Emerson

Someone once told me Tupac Shakur is supposed to come back in 07. He's supposedly "alive." :shrug:

My husband is easily swayed, and he is so unhappy about his deconversion, that I fear he may convert back.

Why is that?

:eek:

I am not sure.... but he likes simplicity and security and things that make the world black and white. He was a happy Christian. He liked pawning responsibility for things (including his own "sin") off on other people. His mother harasses him endlessly now, and he's still a momma's boy (although he doesn't want to be, it's more that his mom is a sonny's boy or something like that). He is still very much in the anger phase of deconversion and he wishes Christianity were true, just so he could be at a happier place. (I sound like Oprah...FSM help me!)

(I sound like Oprah...FSM help me!)

Hey girl, I feel for you. So sorry you are working through this, but my shoulder is always there for you to cry on. Must be tough on you.

;-)

:scratch::scratch::shrug:

:eek: Oh Yah, I'm afraid that fundies will become endangered spceices, so that we can only view in zoos and never in the wild like at the mall.

The world ended when reality television started. :mellow:

It moved into the abyss with Deal or No Deal.