Goodbye Jesus

Any help for this guy?

Guest pmurra@bigpond.com

Guest pmurra@bigpond.com

Hi. I'm Paul, I run www.exchristian.org . Some of you may remember me.

I got this mail as editor of that site. Would anyone care to respond to it (ie: email the guy)?

Hello,

I don?t know where to begin in all of this. I just escaped a 14 year stint as a devoted fundamentalist Christian and I fell like my life is ending. I feel like a support group would be so helpful but I cant seem to get anyone from my area to e mail me back regarding this. Perhaps if I could just have some e mail dialogue with you, it would help straighten me out, but right now I feel that my back is against the wall.

Any response would help just to know I?m not alone.

joshuamonuteaux@hotmail.com

I just emailed him, Paul, with our info, url and an indication that he'll likely get other responses from here.

Thanks.

I just emailed him, Paul, with our info, url and an indication that he'll likely get other responses from here.

Thanks, Sis. It could be one of the best choices this guy ever made - that he join us here, where there are plenty of us who have been in similar situations. There is no need for anyone to remain isolated when there are a couple hundred of like-minded persons here. I'll email the same.

Reach

Thanks, Sis. It could be one of the best choices this guy ever made - that he join us here, where there are plenty of us who have been in similar situations. There is no need for anyone to remain isolated when there are a couple hundred of like-minded persons here. I'll email the same.

Reach

Don't forget to tell him about the fresh brownies! :grin:

Snacks have always provided great motivation; at least for me anyway.

Don't forget to tell him about the fresh brownies!  :grin:

Snacks have always provided great motivation; at least for me anyway.

:Doh: How could I have forgotten that?

For old times' sake... ...

Cappuccino Brownies

Makes 40 brownies

(Active time: 45 min; Start to finish: 6 hours - includes cooling and chilling time)

For Brownie Layer:

8 oz fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), chopped

1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, cut into pieces

2 tablespoons instant-espresso powder, dissolved in 1/2 tablespoon boiling water

1 1/2 cups sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla

4 large eggs

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup walnuts, chopped

For Cream Cheese Layer:

8 oz cream cheese, softened

3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened

1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon cinnamon

For Glaze:

6 oz fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), finely chopped

2 tablespoons unsalted butter

1/2 cup heavy cream

1 1/2 tablespoon instant-espresso powder, dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water

Make brownie layer:

• Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter and flour a 13-by-9-inch metal baking pan, knocking out excess flour.

• Melt chocolate with butter and espresso mixture in a metal bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove bowl from heat and cool 10 minutes.

• Whisk in sugar and vanilla and add eggs 1 at a time, until batter is smooth

• Stir in flour and salt until just combined, and then stir in walnuts.

• Spread batter evenly in baking pan and bake in middle of oven until top is firm and a tester inserted into center comes out with crumbs adhering, 22 to 27 minutes.

Cool completely in pan on a rack, at least 2 hours.

Make cream cheese layer:

• Beat together cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, then sift in confectioner's sugar and add vanilla and cinnamon, beating until mixture is well combined.

• Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cooled brownie layer and chill until firm about 1 hour.

Make Glaze:

• Heat all glaze ingredients in a double boiler or a large metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring, until chocolate and butter are melted and glaze is smooth. Remove from heat and cool glaze to room temperature, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.

• Pour glaze over cream cheese, then spread evenly, and chill brownies until cold, about 3 hours.

• Cut into 40 bars and remove from pan while still cold. Serve cold or at room temperature.

Personal Notes: Brownies keep, covered and chilled in 1 layer, 5 days. I really do cut this into about 40 bars. You can try less but they are incredibly rich. You can make the following substitutions. You can use salted butter. You can leave out the instant-espresso powder if you choose. I do use it. Here's the main change I'd like to suggest: If you already have a favorite brand of packaged brownie mix, you may substitute that and save a lot of time. I do that myself, sometimes. I do add the espresso to that also. Finally, you may substitute pecans if you wish. When I make these for Loren I might try using macadamia nuts, as his tastes run... shall we say... a bit on the exotic side? Libertus can leave out the nuts. Pitchu might add a few extra walnuts.

:wub:

With love from Reach

Now, is that better, Dennis? :grin:

Guest jdrobins2000

FYI, I just sent Joshua an email to encourage him. It's a tough place to be, and one I can definitely understand. Hopefully he finds some comfort and answers here.

Those sound yummy! I may have to try that. Although, I suck at baking due to lack of practice. Being single and not having anyone to share food with, I rarely bake.

:Doh:   How could I have forgotten that?

For old times' sake... <drum roll>...

Cappuccino Brownies

I sent an invitation along with a link to the forum. :)

Matchless companionship and brownies! No need for isolation at all, Reach.