Goodbye Jesus

"god Said No"

Flyby Stardancer

God Said No

I hope that you can get the effects on your computers! The words are great, but the movements of the faces add a lot....

I asked God to take away my habit.

God said, No.

It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.

God said, No.

His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary

I asked God to grant me patience.

God said, No. Patience is a byproduct of tribulations;

it isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness.

God said, No. I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.

God said, No. Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares

and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.

God said, No. You must grow on your own! ,

but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.

God said, No.

I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.

I asked God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.

God said...Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.

If you love God, send this to ten people and

back to the person that sent it.

THIS DAY IS YOURS DON'T THROW IT AWAY

May God bless you,

"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world"

"May the Lord Bless you and keep you,

May the Lord Make his face shine upon you,

and give you Peace.....Forever"

"Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them,

but you know they are always there

*groans* WHY do I have to be on his chain-mail list? All it is is a bunch of either religious-oriented or military/political-oriented (or both!) chain letters. I'M NOT SLAGGIN' INTERESTED IN EITHER!!! *sigh* And it's my grandfather... I can't just block him, and I don't want to work him or my grandma up by asking him to stop.

:lmao:

This is the sort of stuff religous people write when their answers don't work any more. When it begins to dawn on them that the promises their own god makes via their own bible will never be fulfilled, they have to make up non biblical, holy-sounding, excuses like this to fill the "God shaped hole" in their hearts.

I feel for you man, having to receive stuff like this. Can you just delete them without reading them?

Actually, usually I do. I used to check every one of them before I deleted them, but now most of them go straight to the trash without being opened.

...But sometimes I feel like being a masochist.

my mom sent me that exact letter one time but she also sends me real funny ones so i take the good with the bad lol. i wonder if i can find some new age forwards to see her lol were do people find this stuff is their a emailforwards.com or something lol.

I asked God for all the above.

God said nothing.

Oh goodness, I can not even tell you how many times I have received this in an email. I certainly do not know what it is trying to prove? Especially this particualr quote:

How is that even right??? Oh yeah, like my dad (in real life) would want me to be in pain and suffering just to be close to him... that is so mental!!!

I asked God to give me faith.

God said, ... (absolute silence)...

What is it with grandfathers and sending chain mail? I'm going to have to block mine soon. Not only does it serve absolutely no purpose (sentimental Christian drivel like above, or warning me of some danger that snopes.com has refuted thousands of times, but that he knows is real because Montel Williams had a show about it, or some stupid .gif) but I don't like thousands of names and email addresses I have to go through before I can actually read the damned thing.

Guest RanDoM

With all the junk mail I receive from time to time. Getting one that is religion themed is hardly agony. :shrug:

You know.....it's ironic. But when I was reading that list....I was like "damn straight!" Right up to the end......where the "security blanket" of christianity finally kicked in (or...was supposed to activate for those who've not seen this for what it is). And then I felt kinda :twitch: .

I mean....come ON!!!! It says a lot right there in that list! God isn't going to help anyone. Not even people who genuinely deserve help. If anything god will make shit harder for you and call it "pruning".

But as long as you want something imperceptable, and likely to be abused and taken advantage of by your fellow man....sure he'll help with that.

Such is the will of biblegod.

You know.....it's ironic. But when I was reading that list....I was like "damn straight!" Right up to the end......where the "security blanket" of christianity finally kicked in (or...was supposed to activate for those who've not seen this for what it is). And then I felt kinda :twitch: .

I mean....come ON!!!! It says a lot right there in that list! God isn't going to help anyone. Not even people who genuinely deserve help. If anything god will make shit harder for you and call it "pruning".

But as long as you want something imperceptable, and likely to be abused and taken advantage of by your fellow man....sure he'll help with that.

Such is the will of biblegod.

LOL.....

Well Maybe we shouldl start a chain letter promoting a more hedonistic outlook on life...

Dear Readers,

Stop Complaing... Sex, Booze, and Drugs rock! Don't waste your time beliving in something that doesn't exists.... Life is what you make of it..... So make it good biatches!

Padreko,

Your Neighboor Hedonist...

With all the junk mail I receive from time to time. Getting one that is religion themed is hardly agony. :shrug:

It's just, the forwards I get from my grandfather make up about 2/3 of the chain stuff I get on that account. SO VERY ANNOYING.

If you ask my opinion, that is a sickening message. :ugh: I'd be very upset if someone sent that to me.

Flyby, why can't you tell your grandfather to stop sending you this stuff? You say you don't want to work him up, yet he is a-okay with working you up. Just tell him it upsets you. He might react better than you think.

God Said No

I hope that you can get the effects on your computers! The words are great, but the movements of the faces add a lot....

God said, No.

It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

God said, No.

His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary

God said, No. Patience is a byproduct of tribulations;

it isn't granted, it is learned.

God said, No. I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you.

God said, No. You must grow on your own! ,

but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

God said, No.

I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.

God said...Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.

If you love God, send this to ten people and

back to the person that sent it.

THIS DAY IS YOURS DON'T THROW IT AWAY

May God bless you,

"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world"

"May the Lord Bless you and keep you,

May the Lord Make his face shine upon you,

and give you Peace.....Forever"

"Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them,

but you know they are always there

*groans* WHY do I have to be on his chain-mail list? All it is is a bunch of either religious-oriented or military/political-oriented (or both!) chain letters. I'M NOT SLAGGIN' INTERESTED IN EITHER!!! *sigh* And it's my grandfather... I can't just block him, and I don't want to work him or my grandma up by asking him to stop.

Oh goodness, I can not even tell you how many times I have received this in an email. I certainly do not know what it is trying to prove? Especially this particualr quote:

How is that even right??? Oh yeah, like my dad (in real life) would want me to be in pain and suffering just to be close to him... that is so mental!!!

I saw this video of an "emergent church" preacher (during my deconversion) talking about the time he took his little kid, in a backpack, for a walk around a lake, and get caught in a nasty thunderstorm. So the kid's freaking out, scared to death, and screaming. So Dad takes him in his arms and whispers, "it's okay, I love you" and stuff all the way home. Later, Dad realizes "it's just like god and us, when we're suffering", and he thinks he's had this great spiritual, (and emotional) revelation. But the most of the way through the vid I'm thinking, "but you didn't know the storm was coming! and god (supposedly) does!" Because if he'd done it on purpose, to traumatize his kid into loving him, I'd be calling child protective services.

One more step in my deconversion...

Revised:

God said, Nothing

God said, Nothing.

God said, Nothing.

God said, Nothing.

God said, Nothing.

God said, Nothing.

God said, Nothing.

God laughed and said "I dont love you, I'm not even real! Now quit talking to yourself and learn to solve your own damn problems."

If you or somebody you know is suffering from the Christ Disease, please show your support by forwarding this annoying ass chain letter to everybody you know so that they can hate you just a little bit more.

lol

i like the last part:

God laughed and said "I dont love you, I'm not even real! Now quit talking to yourself and learn to solve your own damn problems."

If you or somebody you know is suffering from the Christ Disease, please show your support by forwarding this annoying ass chain letter to everybody you know so that they can hate you just a little bit more.

Yes God does not hear you, he will not help you, and he does not give a fuck. That seems to be the prevailing message. Although I would not recomend doing this to a beloved grandparent, this is what I do whenever a peer or coworker sends me a forwarded chain letter. I don't care what the content if I am told to forward something to ten people, I go to consumptionjunction.com and find a collection of the grossest photos I can find such as a prolapsed rectum, a sething close up of genital warts, or even a photo of a gangrenous penis. People get my point loud and clear when I send them these disgusting photos.

If you ask my opinion, that is a sickening message. :ugh: I'd be very upset if someone sent that to me.

Flyby, why can't you tell your grandfather to stop sending you this stuff? You say you don't want to work him up, yet he is a-okay with working you up. Just tell him it upsets you. He might react better than you think.

I hardly see/speak to him enough as it is. Plus, everything I know about him screams conservative-religiously and politically. Because I'm neither, I don't like to even bring up the subjects around him. And in a way, he (and my grandma) blame my mother for the way my dad treats them, even though he would talk to them LESS if my mom didn't nag him about it. I'm afraid that if I mention it, they may blame that on my mother as well.

Plus, I don't think he knows that it bugs me when he sends this stuff.