Goodbye Jesus

One Of The Best De-conversion Stories I've Ever Come Across

Guest Escaped From Catholicism

This is, without question, one of the most interesting de-conversion stories I've come across. As a new member here, I figured I'd share it with everybody.

Since it incorporates links and stuff, I'll just link directly to the site where it's posted.

http://mycaseagainstgod.blogspot.com/2006/...-narrative.html

Maybe I'll put my story together sometime, and share it.

Holy crap, that guy's whole deconversion is nearly identical to mine, only I wasn't Catholic and I live in Texas. But everything else is pretty much spot-on.

Holy crap, that guy's whole deconversion is nearly identical to mine, only I wasn't Catholic and I live in Texas. But everything else is pretty much spot-on.

I think a lot of people de-convert by way of science education.

I stumbled on this forum at work and couldn't view it.

Now that I've read it, it sounds pretty close to my story too.

• 3 weeks later...

I did, thanks college for the biology classes and for opening my horizons!

For Christmas right after I came out about my beliefs, my sister bought me a book by Dan Barker called "Losing Faith in Faith." It is a very similar story to this about a fundamentalist musician/preacher who came to reject his entire Christian upbringing and adopted atheism. It's a very good book filled with all sorts of arguments against Christianity and faith in general.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I agree. Don't you think that's why the current Republican administration and so many fundamentalist Christians in general are anti-science?

This is a really well written testimony. No doubt lot of us here who have grown into atheism from xtianity can connect with his thought process.