Goodbye Jesus

Sheer Stupidity

Amethyst

Sigh...my fundy co-worker is hopeless.

He actually looked up stupid and idiot in the dictionary today, just because he thought there was a minor semantic difference in the definitions. I kid you not. Of course, there isn't a fricking difference! :banghead:

The entire thing was right out of a Dilbert strip. Although on the plus side, I did get him to admit that he was stupid.

:lol:

And therefore, an idiot...

Well, Stupid seems to be an adjective, while Idiot seems to be used more as a noun.

Well, Stupid seems to be an adjective, while Idiot seems to be used more as a noun.

That's why you can call someone a stupid idiot.

Stupid being the way the act,

Idiot being what they are.

Though you are partially right. Stupid can be used both as noun & adjective. Whilst idiot is entirely a noun.

Well, yeah. I know that. But you don't waste time at work looking them up in the dictionary. That ought to be common sense.

Well, yeah.  I know that.  But you don't waste time at work looking them up in the dictionary.  That ought to be common sense.

Not necessarily. Semantics, in the English language especially, and if you're having a brain fart, can be very befuddling. So sometimes its the best thing to dig it up really quick & remind yourself. Even if its something simple.

This is the same guy who wasted more than a half hour the other week because he was worried about transfatty acids in the machine coffee, and who spends most of the time surfing the net.

I'm afraid he's going to get fired for slacking off, and it'll be guilt by association for me.

This is the same guy who wasted more than a half hour the other week because he was worried about transfatty acids in the machine coffee,

Okay, with that.... :loser:

get a damn hobby!

I had a co-worker today rant for an hour about how she shouldn't be held responsible for tardies because there's only one road into town that gets icy and has wrecks on it (it's summer). Never mind that she lives 20 miles outside of town and doesn't see the illogic of thinking she can leave home at 7 and make it to work at 8 in the winter. She sees no reason to leave earlier, and said so when I suggested it.

She actually believes the company should give "her" consideration and lee-way because she chose to move clear out to brushwoodsfuckin' nowhere.

The clincher is that others live out that way, and take responsibility for getting their own asses to work on time. And guess who ain't bitching?

Now my cube mate's lastest hangup is that he thinks he's gluten intolerant because he had enamal decay, and that was one of the symptoms. He didn't think that he had any of the other symptoms. Um...maybe he should try brushing a bit more. I personally just think he's logic intolerant. At least, he made a doctor's appointment. Maybe they'll finally find out what's wrong with him.

:Doh:

Seriously, I suspect adult ADHD, but that's just my own personal opinion.

Sounds like someone is addicted to paranoia.

Or he's a hypochondriac.

either way is bad.

gluten intolerant because he had enamal decay

:Doh: