Goodbye Jesus

99% Of Christians Are Selfish People-heres Why.......

nicoleeann

If a person believe in christianity than they believe that if you do not have Jesus in your heart you will burn in hell for eternity, right?

If I believed in that then I would do everything in my power to convert as many people as possible-forget about free time, making babies, living comfortably-all that stuff can wait till after the 80 years on earth are up. I mean youve got eternity in heaven for Christ sake.

Most christians are basically saying that they would not give up 80 years of discomfort to save hundreds or thousands of people from eternal hell.

If I truly believed in christianity I would witness to every single person I came across, I would use up every penny I earned to support misionaries, etc.

Either they don't truly believe in Christianity, or they are incredibly selfish

of course this does not go for every one of them.

Just something I noticed

If a person believe in christianity than they believe that if you do not have Jesus in your heart you will burn in hell for eternity, right?

If I believed in that then I would do everything in my power to convert as many people as possible-forget about free time, making babies, living comfortably-all that stuff can wait till after the 80 years on earth are up. I mean youve got eternity in heaven for Christ sake.

Most christians are basically saying that they would not give up 80 years of discomfort to save hundreds or thousands of people from eternal hell.

If I truly believed in christianity I would witness to every single person I came across, I would use up every penny I earned to support misionaries, etc.

Just something I noticed

Some Christians believe only God can draw people to Him, so it depends on your point of view.

Suffice it to say, your first sentence doesn't apply to every Christian.

Just something I noticed

Very true. People like Joyce Meyer, Benny Hinn, and Joel Osteen would give up their fancy houses and cars in an instant and really live like Jesus did; dirt poor and preaching everywhere they could.

I consider all Christians to be selfish. They just don't know it.

Why would "I" think it's important that "I" go to Heaven, unless "I" find "myself" to be important enough to go there.

And also, who made the decision to trust the Bible and the teachings/preachings about Jesus? The person was "I". Hence, "I" is the highest deciding power in my life, not God, not Jesus, not the Bible. "I" decide what "I" think is true in the Bible.

Everyone is to the core selfish individuals.

There are millions of people dying of starvation and lack of medical resources right now, but I don't see you all giving up your computers and houses and cars to help support them, or dedicating your life to building and equipping them with the institutions and resources they need. HanSolo is right, most of us are selfish. It's not fair to single out Christians.

There are millions of people dying of starvation and lack of medical resources right now, but I don't see you all giving up your computers and houses and cars to help support them, or dedicating your life to building and equipping them with the institutions and resources they need. HanSolo is right, most of us are selfish. It's not fair to single out Christians.

but they won't be that way forever, will they?

This is eternity we are talking about-

Very true.

It's not fair to single out Christians.

Agree, that's why I had the last phrase, "everyone ..." ;)

I'm selfish, and I know it. I build my life, my family, my morals and my actions based on it. And heck, I think I have a better "life philosophy" than Christiantiy. At least I really know what drives me!

Some Christians believe only God can draw people to Him, so it depends on your point of view.

Suffice it to say, your first sentence doesn't apply to every Christian.

I would have to say that I agree with the OP. Unless you are a liberal xtian that doesn't take the bible literally you cannot hold this position. Jesus was very clear that it was the duty of all xtians to go out into the world and preach the gospel.

I make no pretenses about my own selfishness. :HaHa:

Just something I noticed

Its their self righteous fucking way of deluding themselves. Be christ like fucking saints in church and go out and fuck your neighbor the rest of the week

the point that i was trying to make was either they don't care if many burn for eternity-

or the deep down don't really believe its true

Very true Nicole. It's very good observation.

Because if they truly believed, they would act accordingly. (James) From faith comes action.

And I can also add that most Christians have not read their own Bible. Which to me is also a sign of lack of faith. If they truly believed the Book to be the Book of Books and the Book from Heaven and God, and the Book that will save you and help you to survive, then why not read the whole damn thing?

^well Hany, because its boring. lol. As a christian I only read the verses they gave us in church. I only made one attempt to read the bible and that was when I was 13. Before I got serious about xianity, I was just reading it to see what it was about. I read most of Genesis and then gave up when I came to the story of Jacob wrestling god/angel and getting a bad hip, etc.

I tried so hard to understand it, know it, pray about it, learn it and nothing. I gave up. Its so boring especially with all those begat chapters about who came from which family. Boring shit.

I would have to say that I agree with the OP. Unless you are a liberal xtian that doesn't take the bible literally you cannot hold this position. Jesus was very clear that it was the duty of all xtians to go out into the world and preach the gospel.

Liberal? The words are right there in the book, vigile.

Jesus was clear that you gotta spread the word, but that doesn't mean convert people.

Most christians are selfish due to the religion itself.

They are in it for the insurance policy.

They don't love god, truly. They kiss his ass so they won't burn in hell, simple as that.

Exactly. They're not singing songs and giving money to the church because they love Jesus, but because they're afraid if missing out on the eternal reward, and getting into eternal fried-ass-BBQ instead. Here's a thought: It's basic instinct of self preservation that drives the Christian. They bought into a scheme, and now they fight to avoid getting hurt. That's why they fight so hard to keep the faith, because they still believe in eternal life, heaven and hell. So it's instinct, self preservation and egotism that makes a Christian stuck in "faith".