Goodbye Jesus

1 + 1 = 3 (never)

Greydon Square

You actually had a theological debate with black people? You must not have learned the futility of doing so. Then again, I am itching to tell my people what I think of religion, I just wait for the moment they come up with it.

You CANNOT have a theological debate with black people. No good, except insanity, will come of it.

I say this as a non christian black people myself. We are indoctrinated with hell, and we think if we bat an eyelash wrong we'll roast on a spitfire for eternity.

You actually had a theological debate with black people? You must not have learned the futility of doing so. Then again, I am itching to tell my people what I think of religion, I just wait for the moment they come up with it.

You CANNOT have a theological debate with black people. No good, except insanity, will come of it.

I say this as a non christian black people myself. We are indoctrinated with hell, and we think if we bat an eyelash wrong we'll roast on a spitfire for eternity.

This is true due to the fact that we are incredibly close minded, self righteous and judgemental...everything that xtianity tells you not to be. lol

nice post and welcome. i can relate to this. ive often used the "1 + 1 = 3" analogy when i speak to people about my deconversin. i tell them it's like all your life youve been taught 1 + 1 = 3. then all of a sudden, you get smart and realize, rationalize, and can clearly without a doubt show that 1 [holding finger up]..... plus 1 [holding another finger up]..... equals 2 [holding both fingers next to each other]. it so obvious yet, everyone is unwilling to listen becaues of Cognitive Dissonance.

i can also relate to the whole religion being forced unto your people. i am filipino. filipinos are one of the most deeply religious, devout catholics in the world. yet my people werent even aware of christianity until 1521, when magellan sailed to the philippines. that's only 485 years ago... then they killed him and cut him up to pieces :nono:

nice post and welcome. i can relate to this. ive often used the "1 + 1 = 3" analogy when i speak to people about my deconversin. i tell them it's like all your life youve been taught 1 + 1 = 3. then all of a sudden, you get smart and realize, rationalize, and can clearly without a doubt show that 1 [holding finger up]..... plus 1 [holding another finger up]..... equals 2 [holding both fingers next to each other]. it so obvious yet, everyone is unwilling to listen becaues of Cognitive Dissonance.

i can also relate to the whole religion being forced unto your people. i am filipino. filipinos are one of the most deeply religious, devout catholics in the world. yet my people werent even aware of christianity until 1521, when magellan sailed to the philippines. that's only 485 years ago... then they killed him and cut him up to pieces :nono:

Wow Great Facts and dates... I didnt even know what the primary Filipino faith, I love this site. so much to learn from other people. your right though 485 years? thats less than we have had it. yet no one questions it....no one. I wonder if atheists were given their own land or country to just be left alone, i wonder how long it would take for xtians the go on a crusade against our evil homeland

Wow Great Facts and dates... I didnt even know what the primary Filipino faith, I love this site. so much to learn from other people. your right though 485 years? thats less than we have had it. yet no one questions it....no one. I wonder if atheists were given their own land or country to just be left alone, i wonder how long it would take for xtians the go on a crusade against our evil homeland

the funny things is, Lapu-Lapu is the guy who killed magellan. this guy has been a national hero in the philippines for 485 years. they have celebrations and festivals for this guy. the irony is the celebrate and honor a guy who opposed conversion to christianity.

My bosses are filipino. They have an altar in one of the rooms of the building, and a plank of wood they think has the face of christ on it, not to mention, pictures of the pope and the old pope. And recently, they got a mural of the last supper over one of the walls in the kitchen.

My bosses are filipino. They have an altar in one of the rooms of the building, and a plank of wood they think has the face of christ on it, not to mention, pictures of the pope and the old pope. And recently, they got a mural of the last supper over one of the walls in the kitchen.

hahaha funny how earlier in the post i was gonna mention that we see "graven" images in everything....

nice examples though... that's my people for you. again, the irony.

Not to generalize, but many blacks (for example, my family) cling to Christianity because it offers a way of hope out of poverty, especially the institutionalized kind. Also, keep in mind that the church was at the forefront of the civil rights movement.

However, what happens in reality is that you have a bunch of impoverished people tithing to put nice threads on a big time preacher, who can drive around in his giant SUV and shag every woman in the congregation.

Religion allows this sort of cognitive dissonance.

Indeed, it's even a bigger cognitive dissonance when you remember that Christianity was the most common religion of slavers too. Heh heh...

-Seth

As it happens, the church was initially against the civil rights movement. MLK practically single-handedly dragged church support into the struggle.

As it happens, the church was initially against the civil rights movement. MLK practically single-handedly dragged church support into the struggle.

Yes! Case in point... Condoleeza Rice's family was against the civil rights movement in the beginning since they already had theirs and (I'm guessing) didn't want to share.

It's kinda like that old analogy about the lobsters/crabs in the pot that try to get out of it, and the peers just try pulling them back in.

-Seth

[fundy] Nooooo you've got it wrong!!! God is logical!!!1111oneoneone

See : 1 cross + 3 nails = 4given!!!!!!!1111onoenoeneonetripleones

[/fundy]

Ok I'll go shoot myself now :HaHa:

[fundy] Nooooo you've got it wrong!!! God is logical!!!1111oneoneone

See : 1 cross + 3 nails = 4given!!!!!!!1111onoenoeneonetripleones

[/fundy]

Ok I'll go shoot myself now :HaHa:

:twitch:

Yeah, you better, or we will!!!

:HaHa:

Actually about the 1+1=3 thing, I once read a 'proof' by Bernard Weber in his 'Encyclopedia of Relative and Absolute Knowledge'. Here it is :

[Warning, math ahead] note : ___ are spaces because this stupid forum does not accept tabs or spaces at the beginning of a line :shrug:

(a+b )*(a-b )=a^2-ab+ba-b^2

(a*b )(a-b )=a^2+b^2

if we divide each side by a-b

(a+b )(a-b )=a^2+b^2

-------------__-----------

__(a-b )______(a-b )

let a=b=1

1+1 = 1-1

_____----

_____1-1

then he goes on saying "If you have the same term on the nominator and the denomitor it makes 1. so the equation gives 2=1, add one on both sides and you get 3=2 or 3=1+1." But his mistake is forgivable for a writer who probably never did calculus... the division he simplifes is 0/0 which is by definition unknown so you cannot replace it by 1. Even without defining a and b it is clear that simplifying the right hand term is not as simple as it looks since a^2 - b^2 cannot be rewritten (a- B) ^2 so that it becomes a-b. In its present state the equation cannot be simplified further so all in all his argument fails to demonstrate that 1+1=3.

Actually there is a way that 1+1=3, but we need to add an imaginary part and I'll spare you guys the suffering of complex numbers algebra. :grin: ... Anyway, if you're still reading, back to our regular programming!

Not to destroy all the fun, but the reason why you get that funny result is because a=b=1 and you divide by (a-B), which is then 0 (zero). You always get funny results with division by zero. You can make 1<>1. And 1=0. And 1=infinite ... all depending on how you set up the formulas.

So we could conclude the reason why Christians can make 1+1=3, is because they user 0 (zero) logic and reasoning?

Yeah I know, I explained that in the second part of the post...

Zero logic? More like zero skepticism... they use twisted logic but never care to check out their facts.

Btw, since it was brought up, fuck Condoleeza Rice.

Zero logic? More like zero skepticism... they use twisted logic but never care to check out their facts.

Sorry, I was tired, and on my way out of the office, so I didn't read the last part of it. :)

Sorry, I was tired, and on my way out of the office, so I didn't read the last part of it. :)

No sweat :close:

Hey I passed a thousand posts! *dances* :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: