Goodbye Jesus

Parents...ugh

Amethyst

Went over to their place for dinner last night. As usual, the TV was on in the background. Everything's fine til the topic of gay marriage banning comes up. Apparently, even though my parents are oh-so-liberal-and-accepting, I am not supposed to be pissed off about the fact that our idiot president and a frighteningly large group of hateful bigots want to ammend the Constitution to make our country even more prejudiced than it already is. I am apparently supposed to turn a blind eye to the bigotry, to ignore and accept it, simply because they think it won't affect us.

I tried to tell them the reason why I get upset at these things, but they didn't understand because they have apparently never been treated badly in their lives for any reason. I'm not a lesbian, but I've been bullied before. I know what it's like to have people hate you for things you can't help about yourself. I sympathize. And yet, apparently I'm not supposed to have any feelings at all on the subject other that "oh well, it's just politics as usual, who cares?"

:ugh: I am so tired of this apathetic attitude in our society. Too many people don't give a shit that our country is going into the toilet. When people don't care is when people like Hitler and Saddam take over. Why can't they realize that? Oh, but it won't happen to us. Wait and see. It will, if that's the attitude everyone else is going to have.

I'm so tired of people like my stepmom telling me what I am supposed to feel. My emotions are not your emotions. I am not you. I have a right to be angry, to be sad, to be happy, to be whatever. Happy is but one emotion among many. Humans have a right to experience every variety of emotion. I hate that religion makes people think that it's wrong to feel other emotions. We are not all robots stuck in the "postive emotions only" setting.

:vent:

I just really needed to vent.

Emotions are relative, if you never feel anger, you won't know what being happy means. And Vice versa.

Emotions are relative, if you never feel anger, you won't know what being happy means. And Vice versa.

Yeah. I think people tend to forget that happy is in comparison to something else. In order to feel joy or peace, you have to have felt sadness or anger at some point in your life. I am happier now compared to when I was younger, of that I have no doubt.

Amethyst, I can completely sympathize with you. My parental unit and I got into a huge fight since I came home from work on Monday night. Suffice to say it got really ugly, that I just couldn't take it anymore. I took out my car and drove around for 40 minutes. I just couldn't be there with the parental unit anymore. They're driving me crazy. :wacko:

They nag, won't leave me alone, and go into their lectures mojo. Yeah I get that their being parents, but I still hate it. Its really bad, I have to be like them, cook like them, and want the same goals as them. I even had my mom trying to talk me into becoming a sex therapist, a couple of months ago. lol. I have no idea where she got that idea from. :shrug::lmao:

I think she thought it was a cool career goal, um yeah we're sort of liberal about that sort of thing. My mom doesn't wink if I go to an adult store, but she winks if I am not home at 11pm. Okay maybe not winks, but you get the idea. Parents are weird, they're just being parents I suppose. Still what happened tonight just solidified how much I want to move out, have my own place and not deal with all this day-to-day shit.

....but I've been bullied before. I know what it's like to have people hate you for things you can't help about yourself.

Me too. For almost 3 straight years when I was in middle school, I was bullied by kids in my class just becuase I had frizzy hair.

Amethyst, you shouldn't be so angry all the time. You really shouldn't take all your womanly passions out on other people because you have some beef with the prez.

:)

Jus' kidding.

Do they listen to you when you tell them to stop doing that?

Amethyst, you shouldn't be so angry all the time. You really shouldn't take all your womanly passions out on other people because you have some beef with the prez.

Jus' kidding.

Heh. :grin:

No, of course they don't listen to me. I'm obviously young and know nothing, even at 30. :Wendywhatever:

Jus' kidding.

No, of course they don't listen to me. I'm obviously young and know nothing, even at 30. :Wendywhatever:

So why do you even bother with them? I know they're family...but you're their family and they treat you like shit, why take it when they give it?

Jus' kidding.

So why do you even bother with them? I know they're family...but you're their family and they treat you like shit, why take it when they give it?

They don't treat me like shit all the time. If they did, I'd have moved far away. I do care about them. I just get very tired of being treated like a teenager by them, especially my stepmom, who seems to think I'm supposed to act happy all the time and never say a remotely negative thing about anything. But then she tells me she wants me to open up. It's like, which do you want? Me to pretend nothing's wrong, or me to tell you everything that's bothering me instead of ranting about it in live journal like I usually do? You can't have it both ways. She just can't seem to make up her mind.

Yeah, I know what your talking about. The other day my parents and I got into this discussion about religion and a few other things. They said something to the effect that we have lots of life experience and I should learn from them. I said, yes sure, and you can learn from my life experince as well.....they were silent for a moment then said "I don't think it works that way"

I wanted to bash my head against a wall, just because I'm their child, suddenly they are not allowed to learn anything from me? What the fuck kind of sense does that make?

"Don't feel anything about something unless you've experienced it yourself!"

Oy. Fucktards. I've known a few too many people like that, and I'd like to punch each and every one of them.

Like one guy who said that I shouldn't be angry about sexual abuse, since I'd never been sexually abused as a child. I should just pat the poor people on the head and not feel anything for them, because I don't really know what they're feeling!

Fuck that.

I know that abuse is bad, and that it hurts people. And I don't want innocent children to hurt like that. So I'm going to get pissed off when I hear about some disgusting beast molesting a kid. And if I ever MEET a child molester in person, they'd better hope they can run faster and farther than I can, because otherwise, I'm going to rip their throat out with my bare hands.

Likewise, with gay marriage and bigotry... I know that being singled out, bullied, and harrassed is bad and painful. I'm not a lesbian, but that doesn't mean I'm just going to sit back and let hateful, narrow-minded, bigoted idiots hurt innocent people whose only "wrong" is that they're not having sex with the "right" people. I don't need to be a lesbian to understand the suffering inflicted upon them by the populace at large, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a dimwitted fucking douchebag.

Went over to their place for dinner last night. As usual, the TV was on in the background. Everything's fine til the topic of gay marriage banning comes up. Apparently, even though my parents are oh-so-liberal-and-accepting, I am not supposed to be pissed off about the fact that our idiot president and a frighteningly large group of hateful bigots want to ammend the Constitution to make our country even more prejudiced than it already is. I am apparently supposed to turn a blind eye to the bigotry, to ignore and accept it, simply because they think it won't affect us.

I tried to tell them the reason why I get upset at these things, but they didn't understand because they have apparently never been treated badly in their lives for any reason. I'm not a lesbian, but I've been bullied before. I know what it's like to have people hate you for things you can't help about yourself. I sympathize. And yet, apparently I'm not supposed to have any feelings at all on the subject other that "oh well, it's just politics as usual, who cares?"

:ugh: I am so tired of this apathetic attitude in our society. Too many people don't give a shit that our country is going into the toilet. When people don't care is when people like Hitler and Saddam take over. Why can't they realize that? Oh, but it won't happen to us. Wait and see. It will, if that's the attitude everyone else is going to have.

I'm so tired of people like my stepmom telling me what I am supposed to feel. My emotions are not your emotions. I am not you. I have a right to be angry, to be sad, to be happy, to be whatever. Happy is but one emotion among many. Humans have a right to experience every variety of emotion. I hate that religion makes people think that it's wrong to feel other emotions. We are not all robots stuck in the "postive emotions only" setting.

:vent:

I just really needed to vent.

I hear you. I'm tired of the apathy. I stopped paying my taxes, and that's just the beginning.

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu
I stopped paying my taxes, and that's just the beginning.

I think they'll call this Exibit A.

I stopped paying my taxes, and that's just the beginning.

I think they'll call this Exibit A.

Don't worry, I have my own "exhibits" :grin:

...but I've been bullied before. I know what it's like to have people hate you for things you can't help about yourself. I sympathize.

Would that account for Atheism as well? I know I can't speak for everyone here, but I can't help being Atheist after everything I have seen about Christianity and other religions. I couldn't honestly go back to believing the Christian god exists. And "Atheist" is probably one of the most hated words out there. Quite often at school Christians get on to me for my non-belief. They either try to convert me or give me a lecture about how much of a fool I am for turning down "God's love." Atheists are very discriminated against in the world. And it sucks.

I am so tired of this apathetic attitude in our society. Too many people don't give a shit that our country is going into the toilet. When people don't care is when people like Hitler and Saddam take over. Why can't they realize that? Oh, but it won't happen to us. Wait and see. It will, if that's the attitude everyone else is going to have.

Yeah. And we can't really do anything about it. You'd think people would learn from history and from our mistakes... but apparently not. People want to think everything is okay instead of looking at what's going on at face vallue, so they fool themselves into thinking everything actually is okay. Kinda like... well... Christianity...

<_<