Debating Going On Prozac

mick

My Doc already wrote me it up and I filled it. Just not taking it yet. I used to take it, and I must admit I was pretty happy back then. i've been off for 7 years, so part of me is like "don't do it man."

It's just my life is completely surrounded by Xtianity, and I can't believe anymore. I fear Hell, even though I stopped believing in it out of mercy for others. (I felt like I had my own salvation just fine)

I'm suffering right now.

Sounds as though you are still deconverting. I never really believed the Xtian thing and I still went through a deconverting of sorts. We are surrounded by religious bigotry every day, but the bigots seem to think we are strange for not wanting their "kindness" and "love". Just remeber that contrary to what Xtians want you to believe, not everyone bows to the the biblegod.

I was on anti-depressants for a while. They seemed to help me when I was going through a rough divorce. I am off them now and all is well, but each person has their own mentality and drugs work different for every person.

Good luck with your decision.

Thankfully, I've never had to resort to anti-depressants(even though I came to the brink) but I am certainly not opposed to them.

Ultimately, this will be your decision. But anything that will lessen your pain through the deconverting process(which is especially DIFFICULT when you are inundated by christianity...People who are not in religious families don't know how WONDERFUL they have it) will be, in my opinion, good for you.

Good luck on your journey and remember that this site is always here for you.

I never knew what it was like to feel normal. Since on Prozac, I do. So much more positive and a lot less paranoia. :Hmm:

I seriously recommend St. John's Wort and anything containing passiflora for depression and anxiety, especially if you are concerned w/ prescription side effects.

My Doc already wrote me it up and I filled it. Just not taking it yet. I used to take it, and I must admit I was pretty happy back then. i've been off for 7 years, so part of me is like "don't do it man."

It's just my life is completely surrounded by Xtianity, and I can't believe anymore. I fear Hell, even though I stopped believing in it out of mercy for others. (I felt like I had my own salvation just fine)

I'm suffering right now.

I can totally empathize. I've suffered depression since at least the age of 20- maybe longer. I also know what it's like to fear Hell (even though I've been a bit better about that these days). I really don't have words. Only hugs, 'cuz it sounds like you need several. And if you wanna talk, I'm here for you. It *can* get better.

Rosa

The quality of your life is important. You only get to go around once. :Old:

St. Johns' Wort always made me twitchy.

St. Johns' Wort always made me twitchy.

So? Methamphetamines always made ME twitchy.

LOL

uh, did I say that out loud?