Goodbye Jesus

Let's Get Naked

RHEMtron

what's all the fuss with nudity? when christians see nudity, they get all freaked out. if they see a female wearing shorts that are above their knees, they tell their kids to cover their eyes.

what's with the complaint about original sin? christians get upset at the thought of eve eating the apple. they say we could still be in paradise. they long to be in the state before the fall of man.... before man became "ashamed".

my point is: so what's wrong with nudity? if a person is comfortable with their body and walks around in a movie topless, then so what? even if theyre still clothed but walking around in their bra and panties, so what? they are not ashamed, so why do christians get their panties up in a bunch? if anything, theyre just in the same state of mind before adam and eve commited "original sin". they are unashamed.

so to the christian women out there. be more like eve before she ate from the tree. dont be ashamed. wear those short shorts. wear mini-skirts with no panties on. walk around naked. flaunt it if you got it!

A lot of it has to do with a certain crap-ass line about how if you even look at someone lustfully, you've commited adultry in your heart. (Or your future spouce if you're single.) And since nudity can make some people get a brief naughty thought, it's dangerous.

Well I noticed that in Europe we're more relaxed about nudity then you are in America. Even In the UK we're comparitively prudish about it compared to the rest of europe.

A lot of it has to do with a certain crap-ass line about how if you even look at someone lustfully, you've commited adultry in your heart. (Or your future spouce if you're single.) And since nudity can make some people get a brief naughty thought, it's dangerous.

true... but that's only cause we're not used to it. it's like the very thought of blood used to make me faint and queezy... but the more i sat in on operations at the hospital, the more i got used to it. eventually i thought nothing of it.

in american culture, we are taught that it's a no-no. we should be ashamed. when things are kept from us, the more we want it, and the more we get excited when we do get it. if we were just exposed to it all the time, we would become desensitized to it. in other countries, nudity isnt taboo and is on regular television programming. to those cultures, it's nothing and they wonder what's the big deal over here in america.

you can also take indegenous tribes all over the world as an example. they walk around completely or partially nude, and it's nothing to them. if people [xtians and non-xtians alike] would stop being so overly sensitive about certain issues, there would be no problem.

another example is "bad words". they think it's "bad" and that anyone who uses them has no morals or ethics. theyre the spawns of the devil. but for us normal folks, through the use of them in everyday language, we understand that there's nothing "bad" them. you can say "oh shit," or "oh shoot". it wont make a difference. both words are being used in the same context as means to express one's self. saying "that's fucking cool!" is the same as "that's sooOOOo cool!!" again, same context, still expressing the same feeling, but in this case, it's also being used in a positive manner. we are unashamed.

Like Yaoi said, it's all about the paranoia and fear that Xians have regarding lust.

We must never forget that the Xian cult was born of ascetic desert sheepherders who were convinced the end of the world was coming. They were convinced that the sex-hating, "purity"-obsessed Yahooweh™, the Israeli tribal god, was the real god, and that he really was sending a savior to take them all away. Thus, sex, marriage, and the like were irrelevant, and since they distracted one from spiritual duties, they were evil.

Since the world was going to end in their generation, as Paul thought, only virginity and/or celibacy were the ways to go. There was no need to get married, have kids, work hard, "lay up treasures for yourself on earth" or any of that other, normal stuff that usually keeps people away from becoming obsessed with a religion. Looking at each other with natural desire or wanting to have sex was wicked, since sex was fleshly and of this earth, and with the end of the world coming, all fleshly and earthly things must be avoided. Making a good impression on Jeezus™ so his daddy doesn't torture you forever is the only thing that mattered.

The real tragedy is that over 2000 years later, Xians still think the end is coming.

i think theyre misunderstood. they just didnt want people having sex with their sheep haha :grin:

Rats :Sheep:

:wicked:

Um, have you seen what walks in to most churches?

Do you really want to see that uncovered? :twitch:

I don't know about your churches, but I remember having seen quite a few ladies in mine I'd appreciate seeing almost naked, or even better... :wicked:

I don't know about your churches, but I remember having seen quite a few ladies in mine I'd appreciate seeing almost naked, or even better... :wicked:

Here where I am there are a lot of octogenarians that would cause me to loose my appetite, (for everything), for at least a week if not longer.

I heard on some show once the nudity and sex didn't become an issue until one particular pope who was obsessed with it and that part about Adam and Eve covering themselves. I can't remember the name of the guy, but his style of thought caught on and it's been a pain in humanity's side since then.

I heard on some show once the nudity and sex didn't become an issue until one particular pope who was obsessed with it and that part about Adam and Eve covering themselves. I can't remember the name of the guy, but his style of thought caught on and it's been a pain in humanity's side since then.

I believe your probably thinking of st. Agustine, he wasn't a pope, but he was obsesed with sexuality. The funny thing is that he was only obsesed with it because he was a complete man whore before his conversion.

I remember in church we sang a song. I don't remember the name but it went

"I will dance like david

dance like david

dance liked david DaaaaAAAAANCED!!!!"

It would be funny if someone literally got on the pulpit and danced like david really danced. Butt Booty Naked :dance:

I believe your probably thinking of st. Agustine, he wasn't a pope, but he was obsesed with sexuality. The funny thing is that he was only obsesed with it because he was a complete man whore before his conversion.

Yes, you're right! Sorry, I never was able to soak up christian history very well. Thanks for the correction.

I was trying to look it up, and ran across this interesting article on nudity in Christian art:

Naked Christs and Balaam's Ass

It is written from a xtian perspective, but this part struck me as interesting:

"[...] Less well-known than some of his other sculptures, Michelangelo’s Risen Christ portrays Jesus shortly after the Resurrection. In a style reminiscent of the artist’s David, Christ stands fully nude, his arms wrapped around a small cross. While the nudity is disconcerting, Michelangelo is using the brazenly naked body of the risen Christ to make a particular theological point. Paul writes in his letter to the Romans that Jesus lived as the second Adam; where the first Adam failed, Jesus succeeded. By leading a sinless life, embracing a sacrificial death, and finally being raised from the dead, Christ reversed the effects of the fall, conquering the penalty of sin, and removing the curse of shame. Biblically, the taboo against nudity was inherited as a result of the sin of Adam and Eve, who previously lived together “naked and not ashamed.” After the fall, God killed animals to make clothes and cover their bodies. Therefore Christ, as the triumphant and perfect Adam, is able to stand naked without shame.[...]"

Too bad this idea never caught on. By this reasoning, the Christians could all be walking around nude to show God we "aren't ashamed any longer."

And the rest of us could do it without getting arrested!

Hah I found the song!!!! Get naked like David did believers!!!!

The Spirit of David Lyrics

Fred Hammond

When the Spirit of the Lord comes upon my heart

I will dance like David danced

When the Spirit of the Lord comes upon my heart

I will dance like David danced

I will dance, dance, dance like David danced

I will dance, dance, dance like David danced