Goodbye Jesus

"recouping" Your Investments In Christianity

tropicalsq744

Ocassionally, I still listen to "christian music" like stuff by Rebecca St. James from her Transform cd, but I just download from the internet for any music. Yeah I'm kind of weird like that, but I figure if its not real then what's the point?

Meh, you're not too weird. I think a lot of people think the same thing. If the music moves you...

Anyway, I'm keeping my Steve Taylor stuff just because I still respect the guy an awful lot. He's been one of the very few telling Christians to wake up and smell the pigshit for years.

Maybe I'll keep my Guardian stuff too...Bottlerocket is still kickass to jam to...hmmm...most of the Pakaderm label stuff was pretty cool tuneage.

I am so torn about my Petra collection...Hartman rocks, Schlitt sings like a god, Weaver pounds drums like no one...*sigh*

I used my copy of Left Behind for TP, because I have a particular anger at that one piece of trash.

Yes, we should have a Left Behind anger bashing thread...is there one? When someone talks to me about it (especially book 2 of the series) I get a twitch in my eye, I start to drool, a hump forms on my back, I start sprouting fangs, claws, and excessive body hair...

Yes, we should have a Left Behind anger bashing thread...is there one? When someone talks to me about it (especially book 2 of the series) I get a twitch in my eye, I start to drool, a hump forms on my back, I start sprouting fangs, claws, and excessive body hair...

:)

Thanks for that.

I never read Left Behind, 'cause I was forced to watch "Like a Thief in the Night" at about age 9. Lots of kids were fucked up by that one. I was scared enough after that to avoid anything on that topic, but it was too late. I don't think anything will ever remove the horror instilled in me by that film. :(

I never read Left Behind, 'cause I was forced to watch "Like a Thief in the Night" at about age 9. Lots of kids were fucked up by that one. I was scared enough after that to avoid anything on that topic, but it was too late. I don't think anything will ever remove the horror instilled in me by that film. :(

Hell yeah! I remember that one! We watched it in youth group once and it scared the crap out of a few people. Everyone screamed when the demon-locusts started attacking people.

Certainly not a movie to show to 9 year-olds though.

I'll tell you what. Go find it and watch it now...just make yourself do it. The sheer corniness of it compared to movie technology today will permanently remove the instilled horror. Your memory of it's apparent reality is far more damaging than the movie itself. You need to de-traumatize.

It's sort of how Battle-star galactica, Knight Rider, and the A-Team were all so cool when I was a kid. Now it's like...man, this is corny shit!

Thanks for that.

Yes... Same here. I couldn't remember the name of the Xtian horror flick that traumatized me as a child. I went to Amazon and realized it was called " A Distant Thunder", Which is part of like a thief in the night series. Of which people were ordered to choose between getting the number or becoming beheaded. I knew as a child I'd receive the number, I couldn't understand the people who were happy to be beheaded.

As a child the end times always gave me extreme anxiety, I always used to pray god would leave me behind to take care of my non-saved dad. I detest the mindfucking that cult did to me, showing that movie to kids is tantamount to child abuse. Not because it was a horror flick, but because the Church promoted it as fact, truth and prophecy. :Wendywhatever:

I had a garage sale when I moved so I managed to sell all of the CD's and DVD's that I had. Made a little money for it, but now I think about it I should have just burned it. Why perpetuate the myth. I was a xian book whore :HaHa: , so I had a huge collection that I just gave away to Goodwill in the end. When I think of all the money spent over the years on that shit...!!

Re: traumatic xian movies, I took my son to see Mel Gibson's "The Passion" when it came out - it was a church outing. We should all have been charged with child abuse! But of course our Pastor insisted that we take our kids - most were between 7-15yrs. We rationalized that since it depicted actual biblical events, we couldn't pretty up the truth! Also xians needed to support the movie. Too bad we didn't get to share in the profits of it.

The funny thing was even the Pastor could not make it through that movie, but we had to.

Michie