Goodbye Jesus

Hypocritical Standouts

Guest SerenityNow

ITA with you that religions aren't the only hypocrites out there. Until I studied the Bible and saw how hypocritical a Christian must look to outsiders, I was in the category too.  My hubby and I see differently right now and so when I hear Michael Savage, harp on the murdering Islam Extremists and then yank a verse out of the Judeo/Christian Bible, it causes a little spat.  Rush Limbaugh is just as guilty, they both speak of the evils of homosexuals, women libers, Islamists, etc. and then the most "unchristian" rants and criticisms come flying out of their mouths.  I HATE that.  I hated that as a Christian because it was so unChristian, but everyone labeled me a legalist for trying to not be hypocrite.....go figure

Thanks for the "welcome" from you and everyone else.  I am so "Thankful" to have found this site!  :-)

So true. I think it's in our nature to tell other people how to live, but can't deal with it in ourself.

That's one of the few good quotes from the Bible,

Matthew 7

:3 - And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

:4 - Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

:5 - Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Regarding Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Relilly etc, I just hate their arrogant and superior attitude.

Anyway, we are thankful to have you with us.

Does anyone know if exorcism has ever been performed with cyber methods? If, say, just for speculation's sake, we here at Ex-C had a... say, a... uh... demon we wished to cast out...

Sounds like a great idea!

Let's start the shouting and chanting right now!

Umahala, Umahala, Demons be gone! I cast thee out! In the name of Jebus and the Almighty Bob!

Attention Thankful and Other Agnofundies and Atheundies:

Let's close down hospitals.  I mean, they're unhealthy and dangerous places with lots of viruses floating around.  Likewise, churches are oases for the spiritually sick.  Your tactic resembles a Christian who refers the honest seeker to this site to see what sickos besmirch the label  "atheist" or "agnostic." There are intellectually respectable scholars who bear both labels.  But as my humiliation of Heimdall (co-founder of this site) demonstrates, no such luminaries are to be found on this site.  Therefore, to convert the honest seeker to Christianity, I deem it a useful ploy to refer bright seekers to the intellectually unkempt yahoos here.  The worst that can happen is that they might be engulfed barfing spells from exposure to the inane use of emoticons and insults to mask a vapid intellect. 

The essence of bigotry is offer a race pr religion's worst examplars as a stereotype of the whole.  Christians acknowledge that, after Constantine, Christianity was often counterfeited and used as a tool of the state for evil purposes.  That abuse is not the fault of Jesus and His apostles.  It is different with Islam.  Muslim extremists can legitimately claim Myhammad's example and teaching as a warrant for terror.  The only hope for peace is the natural goodness of most Muslims that induces them to ignore the regrettably Koranically justifiable terror or these extremists.

Berserk

Berserk,

I have to agree with some of the criticisms here. For one thing, I agree that you are arrogant. You are damn arrogant. Second of all, no criticism was directed at Christians for any acts of what you call "counterfeit Christianity". Just in case my suspicion of your reading comprehension problem is justified, the criticism was aimed at your deity. Christians were only criticized, and rightfully so, for condemning Islam as a religion of hate and strife while your deity also has some blemishes on his record that you made no effort to apologize for, explain, refute, or excuse.

Resorting to ad hominems (as many Christian apologists love to do) only illustrates your bigotry on this point as well as your level of maturity. Frankly, the more I see of your posts, the more disgusted I get with Calvinism and just about every other branch of Protestant fundamentalism. Frankly, you seem to be quite characteristic of the very "counterfeit Christianity" you talk about. You come on these forums with your head up your ass and insult our intelligence level. Your condescending remarks about a highly esteemed member of our forum and co-founder (and a colleague of mine) only further invites disgust and contempt for your religious egoism.

Do us a favor and go masturbate your ego elsewhere. On second thought, go rot in the very hell you're trying to save others from. The last thing we need is someone who acts like a Pat Robertson wanna-be polluting our forums and pouring salt into the wounds of people who come here to heal and for community support.

Matthew

Very helpful, Fwee.

But then, do I also miss the post where the demon goes, "Aaaaiiigh, I'm melting... I'm melting....!"?

Yeah. Probably so...

But if you're going to take advantage of the ignore feature, somebody is bound to inform you of the demon's eventual viscosity level via PM or something. :shrug:

:HaHa:

the demon's eventual viscosity level

:HaHa:

This is what I want. This is definitely what I want. I want viscosity level readings on him. And I want them colorfully descriptive, eg: joint compound, country gravy, Jello, transmission fluid, Oil of Olay. And I want them scientifically accurate, Fwee, so if you're the one PMing me, please use your viscometer.

...eventual viscosity level...! :funny: