Goodbye Jesus

Looking For Examples Of Jesus The Asshole

The Sage Nabooru

I'm looking for examples in the Bible of Jesus being rude, sexist, and condemning. Can anybody help me find them?

I've found a few, but I'd like to find a bit more.

I'm looking for them because I'm getting sick of certain people who want to push on me what a great guy Jesus was.

maybe you should start by giving what you already have. then we'll ad to em. i think we should add anything that describes his character in general... like the whole "willing servant" statement that xtains often claim even though he asked god to "let this cup pass" from him... and complaining on the cross about being forsakened...

I made a thread a while ago asking what are jesus's sins. Even though it's not exactly the same question, some members posted good sites that may also have the kind of info you're looking for.

This is my thread

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?showtopic=8981

oh yeah! i rhemember that thread. that is a good one. we left many links to sites that actually can help you out.

Well, I would just recommend reading through the book of Mark critically. I am still breaking it down right now or I'd give you what I have. He really comes across as secretive and therefore discriminatory. He talks a lot about the "secret kingdom of god" and that he talks in parables so people can't understand him. Then he explains them only to his disciples. Also, he heals people to make points to the leaders instead of being out of compassion. He basically calls his disciples fools for not knowing who he is and what his powers are even though he hasn't told them! Mark is pretty short of a read and to the point. It'll be easy to find.

The whole temple-temper-tantrum thing was pretty asshole-ish.

Everything Jesus said is assholeish. Jesus literally was one giant asshole.

Well, when Jesus was disobedient to his parents I thought that was kind of jerky.

But, overall, Jesus really wasn't a sexist, boarish, cretin....as far as I can tell.

I haven't read the links but these are probably mentioned there. These come immediately to mind:

1) He who does not hate his family is not worthy of me

2) "Woman what I have I to do with thee"

3) Telling a gentile woman who begged him to heal her daughter, no, he was not there to share his gifts with 'the dogs.' When she groveled some more, kissing his ass and agreeing she was but a dog who deserved only crumbs, he was pleased and finally deigned to help her.

I practically want to carry #3 around on laminate business cards to pass off to any Christian who preens on and on about their beloved jeebus, the greatest most loving,wisest perfect, philosopher-godman EVER!

I forget chapter and verse number (on purpose) but when he disappeared, scared his parents half to death, and was found in a temple arguing with the priest, his comment about, being "in his father's house" must have really stung Joseph where it hurt the most.

I mean, wasn't the little shit about twelve? Isn't that a bit old to be telling the stepfather who raised you from birth, "Nya nya! You're not my REAL father!"?

I'd have tanned that little snot's heinie so hard he wouldn't have been able to sit down for a week.

God spoke through an ass.

Taken from my signature link Jesus Christ The Neighbor From Hell.

That's a fine one - forgot all about looking there. Jeezus™ the Asshole is displayed very well on that page. Nothing like using the Holah Babble™ to expose Xianity's nuttiness.

Jesus wants those who won't accept him killed:

Luke 19:27:

[Je$u$ sez] "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me."

Some handy sites:

http://www.evilbible.com/what_would_jesus_do.htm

The introductions before each gospel at http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/index.htm is helpful, too.