Goodbye Jesus

What Happened To The Bastards Who Lit The Fires

Fweethawt

I get these weird questions that pop into my head from time to time, and I was just thinking about this.

I've read plenty of historical documentation concerning many subjects during my deconversion stage, and I remember reading about people getting executed or thrown into prison for just about any crime that you can think of.

However, I don't believe I've ever ran across a single recording of what eventually happened to the Church Father's™ or anyone else who condoned the torturings.

Were they put into prisons?

Were they executed?

Wtf happened with them?

Anyone know?

Or was it all swept under the rug like the modern day molestation cases?

good question Fwee. I don't think anything really happened to them because they were the authority back in the day, the church had the power to do whatever they damn well pleased. I bet that as long as they kept their allies and others happy they would be fine.

They were transfered to a different church very far away to think about what they did. :twitch:

They were probably promoted in the church.

I think in very few cases anyone on that level got punished for their actions, since they also were the ones establishing what was punishable, they could easily escape the retribution. Only revolutions caused real pain to the leaders. Like the French.

I very much doubt any punisment was give to the vast majority of them.

They probably just got on their knees and asked their god for forgiveness or maybe they just blessed the person so they would go to heaven :rolleyes: