Goodbye Jesus

Normal Popular Foods You Can't Stand

xrayman7040

Is anyone else just repulsed by a certain foods that 99.99% of the people just love? I just can't stand peanut butter or jelly, therefore I am repulsed by America's favorite sandwich, the PB and J. I have never had one in my life. I love fruit but just not when it's mashed into jelly, and peanut butter just tastes like ass to me. Aslo as a side note, I have never even tried apple sauce and never will. What normal foods repulse the rest of you?

Pickled herring. 99% of the people just love it. I won't even try the stuff.

...uh, 99% of the people where I live that is :HaHa:

lemons mixed with anything. put a few drops of lemon juice on some chicken and I will practcally barf the moment that chicken touches my tongue.

I do not like peanut butter as well. However I do like peanut brittle, or the occasional peanut out of the can (a la Planters).

When it comes to veggies, I cannot stand peas and carrots..and will not eat anything which has peas in it. (the only exception would be the "Chinese snow peas" which are used for stir-fry)

Cheese makes me feel sick so I don't have pizza often...

Can't swallow melted cheese. It sticks in my throat, and I'm really not impressed with the flavor of melted cheese anyway. So I order everything I can without it, including pizza! Don't deprive yourself of yumminess Dissonance!

Get yourself a double pepperoni with mushrooms and no cheese! It's my personal favorite (spicy too).

Hey White Raven, I worked at a Dominos Pizza for many years and you would be surprised how many people order cheeseless pizzas. I actually have had a few in my days when I have been on diets. I use to love a cheeseless onion, mushroom, and greeen pepper pizza, but I love cheese. How can anyone not like cheese?

And iroically I do love peanuts despite the fact that I hate peanut butter. I can't quite figure that one out.

And iroically I do love peanuts despite the fact that I hate peanut butter. I can't quite figure that one out.

I forgot to mention: if you offer peanut butter to the Italians most will run screaming in the other direction. Most haven't tried it, but the very idea is disgusting to them.

Both carrots and green peppers are disgusting. There are times when I will eat them, but that doesn't mean I like 'em.

French Toast and Pancakes. I like waffles, but I can't stand French Toast and Pancakes. It's the texture that does me in.

And I've gotten into fights over this. I remember once at a camp all they served for breakfast one morning was French Toast and I couldn't eat it. I got into so much trouble with the camp counselers over this because they thought I was just being stubborn and trying to cause trouble.

Mind you, this was supposed to be a 4-H camp but it seemed to be run by Christian fundies because everything was Jeezus themed and we were forced to sing Christian songs for hours. Not singing was not an option. Telling them I wasn't a Christian and refusing to sing because it was offensive to me wasn't one of the smartest moves I ever made. Fundies don't like dissention or freethinking in the ranks, especially from children. :HaHa:

Hee hee hee, but my mom rescued me when I wrote to her about this. She pulled me from that camp early, forced all of the camp directors and some of the counselors to apologize to me in person before we left, and got a full refund. She had plenty to back up a lawsuit with, and the directors knew even God couldn't save their asses on that one.

That was one really sweet victory.

Pickled herring. 99% of the people just love it. I won't even try the stuff.

...uh, 99% of the people where I live that is :HaHa:

:o

*tsk* *tsk*

How dare you say such a thing? :HaHa:

My mom used to give me that all the time as a kid, then we quit when we moved here to the states, but yeah recently she tried buying them, but they made me sick. :(

Kurari,

You committed the unpardonable sin. How can you not love French Toast and Pancakes?

:twitch:

:lmao:

Just Kidding. I hate caramel. At starbucks they will drizzle it on top of the whipped cream, that's fine because I don't have to chew it, but I just can't stand eating it. It makes me gag. :ugh:

Anything with lots of grease. I find greasy food really gross now. I can't believe I liked it as a kid. For that reason, I also don't like pizza as much as I used to, although I still eat the store-bought variety once in a while.

I don't know if pineapples are popular, but I really don't like them. It's more a texture than taste kind of thing.

Also, I've noticed since I started eating dark chocolate (the good kind with at least 60% cocoa) that regular candy bars taste more like wax than chocolate and I don't like them as much as I used to, either. The cheap stuff just doesn't have as much flavor, IMHO.

And I really don't like most of those frozen dinners because they're just so bland (and the ones with any flavor usually have a ton of added salt). The problem is that I need something to bring to work that I can just grab, cause I'm not a morning person and I'm not usually awake enough to put together a sandwich in the morning, and by the time I'm done with my instant coffee, I'm getting ready to go.

I just can't stand peanut butter or jelly

Hmm, I always just assumed my dad was the only person in the world who didn't like PB and J. I'mwrong, then.

I hate tomatoes, honey, tea, and most vegtables.

I hate tomatoes

I hated tomatoes my whole life then suddenly just this year I started to like them. Weird.

PB&J is such a weird combo-I don't like sweet sandwiches-and when the jelly would soak through the bread by lunch time-sick sick sick.

Hamburgers make me sick.

mushrooms are grose

Mozzerella cheese reminds me of silly putty

any sweet mixed with salty things are just funky tasting

mushrooms are grose

I've always loved eating fungus.

:huh:

:HaHa:

I detest greasy food in general. And burgers. And American-style

pizza. And canned pasta. And anything like baklava that is so

sickeningly sweet that it makes me want to go into diabetic shock

(even though I'm not diabetic). And any of the fake Tex-Mex

food that shows up at places like Taco Bell. And store-bought

pretzels. And any beer like Budweiser that tastes to me like

refrigerated piss.

But, I'm fine with PB&J..... :)

For one thing, I'm a very picky eater to begin with, so I'll only list the top foods I hate.

Jelly - I like peanut butter sandwiches, but no jelly.

Cinnamon - the smell makes me dizzy.

Fish (or any kind of seafood except shrimp) - I will occasionally eat salmon if the female parental unit makes it, but I still don't like it.

Pasta and pretty much all Italian food - with the exception of angel hair spaghetti, and it has to be made at home.

Dark chocolate

Pineapples, Cantaloupes and Oranges

Milk

I hate Jello. The texture makes me puke.

any sweet mixed with salty things are just funky tasting

I take it you've never spread fudge on a saltine cracker then? :grin:

That's a taste of nostalgia for me.

Coffee. I can't stand it. And I'm from Seattle. Go figure....

I'm not a huge fan of chocolate, either. Unless it's involved with something else, like cherries in liqueur or candied orange peel.

Corned beef. I HATE corned beef. Corned beef is instant barf-o-rama with me. As was my mother's absolutely abysmal pot roast that she tried to make when I was a kid - in the crock pot, with the cheapest cuts of meat she could find. The stuff was inedible.

Melons. I hate melons. I find them all too bitter to eat.

Pickle relish makes me gag. Sweet or kosher, I don't care. It's too overwhelming. And I don't like pickle slices on my burgers, either.

Canned tuna fish. The smell alone is enough to make me gag.

Mushrooms & olives, which is frustrating b/c so many recipes I find have all these things and I love and then BAM - olives and/or mushrooms are there. Blech.

Coffee, although I do enjoy the white chocolate whatchamajigger at Starbucks and an occasional cappuccino...highly flavored, of course.

And...apples. I love apple desserts - cooked apples, but raw apples just aren't my favorite. My husband eats them year round and I just gag unless it's to the absolute point of perfect ripeness, and even I only eat them when there is no other alternative.