Goodbye Jesus

Online Friend Wants To Go To Church

Amethyst

:eek:

I was under the impression that this friend was Jewish and practicing. But I was reading my friend's page and under a "congrats you survived 6/6/06" post, she had listed some things that she wanted to do, and attending a church was one of them.

I advised her to actually read the Bible from cover to cover before she goes and find out what the beliefs are, and told her that the beliefs were one of the reasons I left. I don't want to lose her as a friend, but at the same time, there is no reason anyone should feel they *should* go to a church in this day and age. My only guess is that maybe there is some family pressure or something.

Maybe she wants to go for the experience? Some people are like that. If she's Jewish, she might not have been to a xian church before. Its good that you're being a friend to her and encouraging her to read the bible, so many people don't and follow it blindly. I hope she doesn't get ensnared by the cult.

Dont try to stop her-she obviously still believes

Dont try to stop her-she obviously still believes

Apparently so. *Sigh*

I could have sworn she posted about being Jewish earlier, though.

Maybe she will take my advice and read the Bible anyway. Far too many people who go to church never read it. They just take whatever is spoonfed to them and don't know the violence their god is capable of.

You could even point her to this film (see below). Might even scare her from going to church, lol.

Jon