Goodbye Jesus

Wtf Guyz

Matt

Check this out

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0001/0001_01.asp

Haha man wtf. I hate this shit. Its bias in every way. I mean the guy is depecited as proud and rich. This makes the assummption that every sinner deserving hell is like this. I wonder what the reaction would have been to this if it showed a farmer from the 13th centuary in india poor but toiling and doing the best for his family. Wonder how people would take that then. If u look at the top it even says: you can view this cartoon with african american cartoons...w t f :Hmm:

Btw I bet all the fundies are not happy now its 7/06/06. Fundy: Dear Lord, none of the nasty sinners are burning for eternity. Dangnabbit. 10 bux says there are those that are upset it wasnt armageddon.

Is this cartoon actually supposed to scare people into believing? If I was someone who's never heard of Christianity reading that, my first thought would be how god comes off as an ass-hole and why would telling dirty jokes or oogling at women be grounds for being chucked into flames.

Which reminds me....it's strange that heterosexuals are supposedly the godly ideal yet if men have thoughts about women, it's evil in the eyes of the church.

Oh, and you can get the characters in black? Why don't they have a wider selection and add green and purple while they're at it. :Wendywhatever:

Which reminds me....it's strange that heterosexuals are supposedly the godly ideal yet if men have thoughts about women, it's evil in the eyes of the church.

The only thing that makes hetersexuality ideal in the eyes of the Xian god is that it allows for reproduction, for the making of new Xians to indoctrinate into the Jeezus™ cult. Other than that, hetersexuality is as evil as homosexuality - Paul, for one, praises those who remain celibate over those who marry. Sex, even in a married Xian life for the sole purpose of reproduction, is still a form of "defiling" oneself, and that has ever been the ultimate teaching of any Xian sect.

Indeed, I'd think such a god is just a big asshole upon reading that tract - and I do. Granted, Yahooweh™ and Jeezus™ do not exist, at least not as the Babble™ depicts them (I think they may just be evil and petty spirits), but the point is that only an asshole of a god would torture people eternally for just checking out an attractive human or enjoying the fruits of their hard work. There's nothing wrong with enjoying the material pleasures of the flesh and the earth, and nothing wrong with a little indulgence every now and then. The only wrong in anything is in letting it take control of youe life, but that's another story.

Any god who would torture people infinitely for finite offenses (and offenses that usually are not even demonstrably wrong) is just that, an asshole worthy of scorn and not of worship.

If there were a god, I'd swear to him that Chick would be the only one burning in hell for ever and ever and ever and ever, just as his fear tracts mess with vulnerable people's heads! He is that one word that in todays culture best convey's what he is - a terrorist. May he burn in the hell he imagines.

And as per usual Christians can't agree on the rules. Some say the Bible states you will be judged on your beliefs only and works count for nothing, while others say being a good person is the only logical thing to be judged on. Nice contradiction...

I can just imagine God saying to Jesus "Get this, I make a world full of imperfect creatures, then demand they are perfect or I'll burn 'em for eternity! But just to make sure no one actually makes it I tell 'em that lust is automatically a sin, then build it into their genetic makeup so they have no choice! HAHAHA! If you don't think I've made it hard enough I went and created evil, demons, and satan whose sole purpose is to confuse the humans, and if they fall for the tricks then they burn forever! What a hoot! Wait till I tell Zeus how I've made taking a single paperclip from their workplace equal eternal damnation!"

What a wanker...

I don't understand how the guy in the cartoon is gay. He looks like he is attracted to women. Did I miss something

I was pestering Catholic in another thread to give me some description of god is so that when I am walking down the street I don't think its the rabid neighborhood dog. Catholic never gave me an answer, but I see here that Jack has supplied me the answer.

And then I thought, I know that face....

Damn...thats REALLY sick. What a piece of shit God. Makes me hate Christianity even more.

And also, without lust, no one would have babies.

So how does that goes with "go and populate the Earth"???

Go have sex, but you have to make sure you don't want to have sex when you do it! Make sure you marry the ugliest person you can find, and then force yourself to sex, because the command is to populate earth without lust. AAAARGH!!! So fucking stupid!!!

And also, without lust, no one would have babies.

So how does that goes with "go and populate the Earth"???

Go have sex, but you have to make sure you don't want to have sex when you do it! Make sure you marry the ugliest person you can find, and then force yourself to sex, because the command is to populate earth without lust. AAAARGH!!! So fucking stupid!!!

haha...how dare he look at that woman as if he was some sort of animal with an inner desire to create a child! Cast him into the Lake of Fire!!!

Well, two things I'd like to point out. First, if you look at the picture of the man standing bewildered and overwhelmed by all the sins of his life, you'll see that the ones labelled are really rather peculiar. First of all, most of them are quite petty, such as:

"disobedient to parents/unmerciful/backbiter/envious".

Now look at these. For goodness' sake! What kind of sins are these? In fact, I'm pretty sure that being envious is a GOOD thing! And what does "whisperer" mean? Also, incidentally, the rather archaic language makes it sound silly and old-fashioned.

And then the more severe crimes! "Hater of God" - for goodness' sake, what on earth does this mean? "Hypocrisy" - what, was he a Young-Earth science teacher? And "Whoremonger"!!! In Chick's world, does that mean he...masturbated? While thinking about girls?

No, I wouldn't waste any time being upset by this tract. The embarrasment of writing a religious point of view that makes God look like a teacher listening to sneaks who say "Sir, sir, he said the S word!" should be punishment enough.

However, if it makes you feel any better, have a look at this:

http://www.weirdcrap.com/chick/archive.html

Good ole Christian fear tactics.

One question...

If God already knows who is in the book of life then why does he need to bring them before him in final judgement? How about spare them the humiliation and send em to hell...

For that matter what if you get a legal name change? You can't possibly have two names written...unless the angels have updated editions of the book?