Goodbye Jesus

George Carlin Is A Wise Man

sonofspong

I finally decided to use that 30 dollar Bookman's gift certificate, and bought a few comedy books, including George Carlin's When will Jesus bring the porkchops?

In one section of the book, he talks about UFO's, and how UFO enthusiast are known as "buffs"; a somewhat derogretory term, implying that they are all kooky nutcases with nothing better to do than worry about flying saucers.

On the other hand, Carlin explains that religious folk who believe in an unseen, omnipotent sky diety are unfairly potrayed by the media as credible and respectible people.

He goes on the to mention that there is more evidence of the existence of UFOs than gawd, in the form of video footage, pictures, and the testimonies of military pilots, who are rigorously screened and chosen for their good eyesight and mental stability. Such people have alot to lose if they were associated with outrageous claims and beliefs, but nonetheless, they choose to come foward and share what they saw.

Yeah, I'm sure alot of UFO buffs are completely nuts, but are they really that different from Fundy Christians?

In Carlins opinion, christians should be properly known as "Jesus Buffs"

I think he makes a good point. What do you guys think?

I finally decided to use that 30 dollar Bookman's gift certificate, and bought a few comedy books, including George Carlin's When will Jesus bring the porkchops?

In one section of the book, he talks about UFO's, and how UFO enthusiast are known as "buffs"; a somewhat derogretory term, implying that they are all kooky nutcases with nothing better to do than worry about flying saucers.

On the other hand, Carlin explains that religious folk who believe in an unseen, omnipotent sky diety are unfairly potrayed by the media as credible and respectible people.

He goes on the to mention that there is more evidence of the existence of UFOs than gawd, in the form of video footage, pictures, and the testimonies of military pilots, who are rigorously screened and chosen for their good eyesight and mental stability. Such people have alot to lose if they were associated with outrageous claims and beliefs, but nonetheless, they choose to come foward and share what they saw.

Yeah, I'm sure alot of UFO buffs are completely nuts, but are they really that different from Fundy Christians?

In Carlins opinion, christians should be properly known as "Jesus Buffs"

I think he makes a good point. What do you guys think?

How about Jesus knob buffers?

At least UFO enthuasists don't go around saying "Just have faith UFO's exist and the aliens love you." Maybe one day the aliens will send us a book explaining how they want us to live... one day...

:loser:

George Carlin has helped me to make it through my deconversion. His comedy was VERY theraputic to me. And what he says in the book makes a helluva lot of sense.

Well take a look at my signature at the bottom of this page. George is not only a great comedian, he is also brilliant and makes some fantastic irrefutable points about religion in his acts. He was raised in a Catholic family and attended staunch Catholic schools, yet was able to see through the bullshit of it all.