Charter?

AtheistMommy

We have to come up with a group/club vision/statement and I'm at a loss here. The blow comment was made by our secretary who's obviously religious. I'm new at all this so I have no idea what it should look like. However, I did mention that I want a secular statement.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My club charter inputs:

Fraternal: Our duty to man.

To provide the tangible and intangible aids necessary to establish a closely knit collegiate community whose members enjoy a mode of living that is conducive to the formation of gentlemen imbued with principles and ideals and to prepare them to contribute to the world community upon graduation.

Intellectual: Our duty to self and members.

To remind our brothers that outstanding scholastic achievement is a primary personal responsibility, and to encourage a commitment to the university that provides each member with his intellectual formation.

Social: Our duty to society.

To encourage each member to identify himself with his collegiate and civic community by active participation and service, thus fostering a vigorous spirit of loyalty to society and a selflessness to all menand women.

Spiritual: Our duty towards God.

I changed some of the words but the basis came from a fraternity.

what's this for? sorry Atheistmommy, I'm just a loss at what its about, is this for work or a social club in your city?

This is for the bachelors in computer science club at my college. Someone else made it up and now we are trying to keep it going. LOL! We don't really have a name for it. One guy suggested we call it "the computer club."

AM,

Pull a crib from the Founders and refer to "God" in the most abstract diest way.

That way one keeps the peace with the goodGodnikz and then not compel those with the contra to swear fealty to superstition.

I don't have a problem with mouthing words that help others feel good and esentially do not hurt me.

If the charter would not be acceptable without something given to "god" then give as slight a sliver as one can.

As far a computers go, we all KNOW EbbileBillGates is the head of the konspiracy to take ober DaWhillred anyway.. I think that makes him "god" anyway.. :)

kevinL

why not call it the tech club?

There's already a club with that name, I think, I'm pretty sure. I'll check on it. I want to call it BSCS. But NERDS would be mroe fitting. :lmao:

AM,

Pull a crib from the Founders and refer to "God" in the most abstract diest way.

That way one keeps the peace with the goodGodnikz and then not compel those with the contra to swear fealty to superstition.

I don't have a problem with mouthing words that help others feel good and esentially do not hurt me.

If the charter would not be acceptable without something given to "god" then give as slight a sliver as one can.

As far a computers go, we all KNOW EbbileBillGates is the head of the konspiracy to take ober DaWhillred anyway.. I think that makes him "god" anyway.. :)

kevinL

LOL! I did just that. I replied with "I think we should keep this secular." I added a bit about not representing either side. I haven't checked my school email yet. I'll let you guys know what happens.