Goodbye Jesus

First Fundie Experience In Oregon.

greygirl

I just had my first experience with an Oregon fundamentalist. I ran into Walmart (I know, I know, but there's not a lot of stores in this town) to pick up a couple of things, and the guy in line in front of me at the check stand tried to have me THROWN OUT of the store. He insisted to the cashier that they should refuse service to "people like [me]." What was the horrible thing I did, you ask? Well, there were children present, I was practically naked. I was corrupting the minds of the poor innocent children by dressing like a cheap whore looking for customers.

Guess what I was wearing?

Go on, guess!

Yoga pants and a tank top. OH NOEZ!

are you serious? that's fucked up. Ugh, get the hell out of Oregon!!

are you serious? that's fucked up. Ugh, get the hell out of Oregon!!

But I just got here! Oregon is way, way better than Utah, and I'm certainly not going back there.

Utah? You did live in hell. ick!

Well I hope it works out for you, and hopefully not every1 is a fundy. *crosses fingers for greygirl*

:lmao:

Doesn't matter. All of us secular folk are on our way to Oregon and plans are underway to fix the "problem" of fundamentalism. Our plan is to actually walk around naked, thus you will appear modest by comparison and will be left alone.

Why you gotta go 'round lookin' like a cheap ho? :Hmm:

:HaHa:

Seriously though, doesn't Oregon have its own anthem

that we could sing for you right about now?

I'm sorry, Greygirl, but I can't help it. I just find this to be funny because of the fact that you just moved there. :HaHa:

Okay I'll stop laughing now. :HaHa:

:lmao: I can't!!!

LOL...geeeeez. And here Oregon was at the top of the list of places I want to move to, for its high percentages of secular people and liberalism! Did I get that wrong somehow?

Trust daFatman, this oldephuck is def a slight minority of the good_folks who inhabit mypart of orYgunn..

Sure the oldgeeze enjoyed looking at greygirl long before he got the testicular fortitude to complain about her clothing..

Sheeze, I've seen the ladies here in mych less showing tons more and no :woohoo: complaints made.

Oldegeeze doesn't appreciate a fine lookin' lady. Duff'im. More for the rest of we to retina stain.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

kL

I was corrupting the minds of the poor innocent children by dressing like a cheap whore looking for customers.

Good comment....... "Sir, I suppose you would have to know all about hookers....personally you couldn't pay me enough to touch someone like you."

I'm sure the guy was just trying to divert attention away from his boner. :HaHa:

Geesh, poor greygirl. Here in NJ, chicks actually do walk around practically naked. Short shorts, miniskirts, high heels, low cut tank tops - etc etc.

And that's just to go to Mass at my church.

:yellow:

I'm sure the guy was just trying to divert attention away from his boner. :HaHa:
:HaHa: He was sportin' a horizontal teepee! :lmao:

Oregon is Washington's retarded little brother. We won't even go INTO Idaho...that's the relative we don't talk about. :HaHa:

Seriously, what DID you do? Did you say anything? What did the cashier do?

Oregon is Washington's retarded little brother. We won't even go INTO Idaho...that's the relative we don't talk about. :HaHa:

Unfortunatley, there wasn't much I could do. I was behind him in line, and vaguely registered that he was complaining about *someone*, but I wasn't really paying attention. I had no idea he'd been talking about me until it was my turn to pay and the cashier apologized and told me what he'd said, and he was gone by then. I did wonder, however, why he was taking so damn long to get the hell out of the way when his transaction was finished. I guess he wasn't done staring. He needed to make sure he knew exactly what he was being offended about.

What a ridiculous thing to happen! I lived on the Oregon coast back in the early 1980s and while it was a redneck town, women there wore shorts and tank tops in the summer.

Do you live on the coast or inland? I visited Eugene a few times back then and it was way more liberal that the town I lived in. I was able to walk around with my then-boyfriend who was African-American (I'm white) and no one hassled us. I know if I had done that in the coastal town I'd be ostracized.

This was twenty years ago, so I don't know how things are now...

well so far i haven't had any fundie experiences in OR. of course i haven't tried walking around in Wal Mart in a tank top and yoga pants yet.

Oregon normally isnt that bad. My grandparents used to live there and I stayed with them for a while.

Do what I do- ignore the fundies. Really ! Who cares what they think of you ? Its not like they actually know why wearing that is wrong. They are simply carrying out what they have been instructed to believe is wrong.

Actually, if one of them ever corners you, thats a fun way to get them off your back. Ask them why what your doing is wrong, and when they bring up god ask them for the reasons he had behind that. Then whe they say god cannot be questioned you can either further mess with them or say something like "So you really dont actually know the reason for why its wrong, your just pretending to while parroting your denominations beliefs" which will almost always piss them off enough to make them leave on their own.

Unfortunatley, there wasn't much I could do. I was behind him in line, and vaguely registered that he was complaining about *someone*, but I wasn't really paying attention. I had no idea he'd been talking about me until it was my turn to pay and the cashier apologized and told me what he'd said, and he was gone by then. I did wonder, however, why he was taking so damn long to get the hell out of the way when his transaction was finished. I guess he wasn't done staring. He needed to make sure he knew exactly what he was being offended about.

Well if it helps. Today on my last call at the telemarketing job <_< this woman called in to work and actually asked for something and so I helped her with it. Then she starts saying after I tell her something about my college classes and how one of my classes are psychology electives, she goes and says "jesus is the answer, the bible is the word of god." She was very talkative and we're allowed to have conversations with customers, so that's how it came out.

I'm not kidding you. It was so annoying to hear, why would I want to hear that? I just want to do my best at work, and not be preached to. She was a senior and I understand and she was sweet up until that point, and well she's mature but didn't she think that I have my own opinions and beliefs? Its as if I and what I think, does not matter, that I should chuck it all just for jesus.

I understand greygirl and the worst thing is that I couldn't do anything about it. You can't argue with a customer. I just said, "oh okay, well thank you."

:ugh:

Omg, as a WA native, that is sooo true... and Cali is the redheaded stepchild.

Actually in WA it's more like Eastern WA is the hick brother-in-law we try not to hang out with too much.

Oregon has a weird rep in WA. Kind of like it's mostly full of laid back hippy types like in Western WA, but then you get groups like, say, the Aryan Nation. Go figure...

Heh, you just didn't move far north enough... ;)

:Wendywhatever:

I seem to recall a couple news articles about people having sex with horses up there in WA not to long ago.

While some states are more balanced one way or the other, there are fundies everywhere and secularists everywhere. I would have to think though that Walmart would be a good place to find the fundies just about anywhere.

We have our share of fundies in Nevada too (we are a red state.) Maybe it's a western thing?

(When I say Nevada, I do not include Las Vegas. Las Vegas is not Nevada.)

We have our share of fundies in Nevada too (we are a red state.) Maybe it's a western thing?

I hope not. Las Vegas rocks. :grin:

While some states are more balanced one way or the other, there are fundies everywhere and secularists everywhere. I would have to think though that Walmart would be a good place to find the fundies just about anywhere.

I've never run across a fundy in Wally World, and I've lived in three states already. But then again, maybe it's an East Coast thing. Maybe the fundies don't bother with Wally World over here? :shrug:

I hope not. Las Vegas rocks. :grin:

:nono: