Goodbye Jesus

For All The Ex-christians On This Site

Young Mother Atheist

YAM,

I grok what you are trying to impart. Got no problem with your stipulation(s).

Not a bad thing to be polite to folks. e.world or meat.spaces.

As Grinch well put we are a diverse community. All thoughts, colors, shades, and connections come to a jumbled crash here on a Boardset that is community_driven.

The community here makes it what it is. I don't see any of we in total agreement with anyone on anything, and at anytime.

Just not gonna happen. When fundaMentalistii fuckstick shows their ass in our public, someone usually has a boot sized perfectly to kick it. Several times until lesson imparted.

The only thing I enforce on the Boards as Staff are a relative few slight rules and regs that keep things flowing, spam gone, and folks generally pleased with way things are run.

For most part if you care to go and look at the religious_oriented _boards, they contain a list longer than your legs of 'thou shall and shall nots'. Fuck with any of those in the slightest shades and BOOM, yer freekin GONE..

Here at ExC we've tried to keep as open and liberal use of the Free Speech as we can. Even to point where things that are published that may offend, aggravate, turn off, and even piss off some of our users and lusers.

I own the patented daFatman's Easy Answer Jar (passes a toke off the fruitloops to Grinch) and there are no easy answers for what you originally posted about.

kevinL

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Young Mother Atheist

• Asimov

• jjacksonRIAB

• Knightley

Exc is not an echo chamber or a hall of mirrors. It's an orgy of raw human blood, guts and shit.
C'mon, JJ!! :vent:

Did you have to put it that way? icon11.gif

His penmanship is so elequant and exquisite, isn't it? ;)

lol

:HaHa:

YAM,

If I remember correctly, this is about the third time somebody has posted a topic about this subject(since i've been here). The problem with your suggestion is that there are too many people here to request one specific constant kind of behavior, even if it happens to be moral. I love this site BECAUSE people say what they want, when they want, and to whom they want. I have been kicked off of Christian forums for simply saying that I am Atheist...so there is still quite a difference in our level of tolerance.

People like AMY come here fairly often, and most of the time pretending to be an interested Christian wanting to learn new information...but it always turns into threats of Hell, and pleas for members to change their minds about the big X. It gets old fast. Lets just say that Ex-C is "blessed" with individuals who can scare them away before they get a chance to start their mindless self indulgence :HaHa: .

I wouldnt want any type of sensoring here. People are just being themselves, and its great. Nobody here needs to pretend to be more kind or patient then they really are... Then it would just be church...and really, who needs that? I like the whole different personalities thing. :shrug:

YAM,

If I remember correctly, this is about the third time somebody has posted a topic about this subject(since i've been here). The problem with your suggestion is that there are too many people here to request one specific constant kind of behavior, even if it happens to be moral. I love this site BECAUSE people say what they want, when they want, and to whom they want. I have been kicked off of Christian forums for simply saying that I am Atheist...so there is still quite a difference in our level of tolerance.

People like AMY come here fairly often, and most of the time pretending to be an interested Christian wanting to learn new information...but it always turns into threats of Hell, and pleas for members to change their minds about the big X. It gets old fast. Lets just say that Ex-C is "blessed" with individuals who can scare them away before they get a chance to start their mindless self indulgence :HaHa: .

I wouldnt want any type of sensoring here. People are just being themselves, and its great. Nobody here needs to pretend to be more kind or patient then they really are... Then it would just be church...and really, who needs that? I like the whole different personalities thing. :shrug:

Actually SFS, a couple of years ago I myself made a post like this one. That's why I know it's bullshit.

Oh, the days of youthful idealism.

Exc is not an echo chamber or a hall of mirrors. It's an orgy of raw human blood, guts and shit.
C'mon, JJ!! :vent:

Did you have to put it that way? icon11.gif

His penmanship is so elequant and exquisite, isn't it? ;)

lol

Just wanted to comment on the likeness of exc to rusty beef. :grin:

I am now wishing that I could delete this thread as hardly anyone has understood what I intended to say...I wish I could understand how people read things and totally miss what a person is trying to say.

YMA, I understand you, and I'm wondering the same things you are.

But kindness isn't something you can dole out like Halloween candy. Some people just don't deserve it straight off.

I agree with you too Varokhar, but my point is what did I do to deserve Asimov's insults? He may not think what he said was anything bad, but for no reason he decides to belittle my choice of diet in a thread where I wasn't even speaking to him, nor even discussing vegetarian diets. When I called him out on it, I was told to grow some balls, another comment that was uncalled for and unecessary. I've only been here a few months, and I'm not some ignorant xtian, don't I deserve some level of respect here, or do I have to have a certain post count first?

I agree with you too Varokhar, but my point is what did I do to deserve Asimov's insults? He may not think what he said was anything bad, but for no reason he decides to belittle my choice of diet in a thread where I wasn't even speaking to him, nor even discussing vegetarian diets. When I called him out on it, I was told to grow some balls, another comment that was uncalled for and unecessary. I've only been here a few months, and I'm not some ignorant xtian, don't I deserve some level of respect here, or do I have to have a certain post count first?

Marty, First let me Welcome you to Ex-C, you too YMA.

Respect is also something that's earned and not automatically granted in life, and sometimes one doesn't get it even if it's earned... it's just how the ball bounces. Cyber space it's more so of a challenge to both give and get. You will never change Asimov or anyone else, it's just who he is. If you choose to leave Ex-C over what Asimov said that's your choice. However, there is an Ignore feature on Ex-C you can also use. Ex-C is the best place on the net because of it's few rules and wide variety of personalities.

Life is what it is.. and I don't think we need a mod to rush in every time someone gets their toes stepped on. It doesn't happen in real life.. why should it happen in cyber space? It ends up being about control in the end anyway and that's one of the major things ex-cers are escaping from. This board is run different then most sites, Freedom is often a shocking thing to witness. As far as the Moral thing goes... I'm not sure I follow what that's suppose to mean..? :shrug: We are already fighting an uphill battle about what people "think" about our morals.. High and might Xtians think they own capital on them. I think we here at Ex-C outshine most boards in the moral Department, but It could also be my bias.

However, acting like assholes, picking apart irrelevant things said or spelling errors

Now it bugs the shit out of me when people are critical of spelling errors because I write a lot of my posts on the fly and often go back later only to see I fucked up the spelling of a word or two. For some reason my proof reading skills suck at the time I write many of my posts.

However, acting like assholes, picking apart irrelevant things said or spelling errors

Now it bugs the shit out of me when people are critical of spelling errors because I write a lot of my posts on the fly and often go back later only to see I fucked up the spelling of a word or two. For some reason my proof reading skills suck at the time I write many of my posts.

The ignore button is marvelous. :grin:

:woohoo:

I try to be civil with people until they cease being civil to me. In Amy Marie's case, I made some statements about her arguement, not her. I don't believe she was intentionally trying to be anything other than authentic, she was just wrong. If someone is an asshole to me, Christian, ExC, anyone, I respond in kind. I prefer to get along with everyone even if I don't agree with them. I have been in politics where I live. I have learned that to be a total partisan you become just as brainwashed as the people on the other side. I prefer to do myown thinking. I prefer to be fair and strait with everyone. I don't try to go out of my way to be an asshole. I will not be walked on.

I agree. I thought that it was ok to be civil even if someone was a jerk, now I see that I don't have to be civil back. I like to get along with people, I like being liked, but you can't please the damn world. If some people get their panties in a bunch because of a few opinions that are expressed then they need a reality check. So what if they don't like your opinion, your going to have it whether they like it or not. They need to piss off and move on.

:lmao:

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

I am now wishing that I could delete this thread as hardly anyone has understood what I intended to say...I wish I could understand how people read things and totally miss what a person is trying to say.

But kindness isn't something you can dole out like Halloween candy. Some people just don't deserve it straight off.

Marty, you still sound so sackless it's embarrassing. Seriously, grow a pair.

Marty, you still sound so sackless it's embarrassing. Seriously, grow a pair.

just ignore Asimov if he gets to you, I don't take him or Shiva seriously.

They both need to get laid by Madame Heidi Fleiss.

hehe

Did you happen to read my reply to you? Just because you arent a Christian doesnt mean you automatically get respect from others who are also Ex-Christians. Go to any forum on the web and you'll get smartass remarks, sarcasm, and insults.

Try this next time:

Marty: I like eating vegetables. Meat is bad.

Asimov: Your mom likes my potato sack...and she sucked my bad meat..

Marty: I dont appreciate that you stupid face meanie-head.

Asimov: Eat shit and die bitch.

Marty: I will beat your ass, you little cunt.

Asimov: haha...I love you Marty.

Marty: I love you to Asimov...I love you too.

The end. :woohoo:

Hi, YMA!

When Christians start off civil, the ExC posters invariably start off with, "Welcome, [name]!"

But then they start violating what everyone on this thread have discussed, and then the gloves come off.

But the Lion's Den clearly says "Expect heated responses here." And Christians will end up in sections where they really shouldn't be posting.

I love your posts, by the way. Don't apologize for starting this thread-- we can talk about anything. One of the zillions of reasons I love this place so very much.

I still see a lack of testicular fortitude. Why should I give you respect?

Just to add my own two cents.

I can only speak for myself but I have been emotionally damaged by Christianity, and some Christians, in the past. I come to this place as a sort of refuge from that religion(since I am immersed in it in real life); and whenever Christians come to the board evangelizing it is irritating. If I wanted a testimony I would go to a Christian site.

I try to be nice and civil to everyone on the boards, but sometimes self righteous Christians(and athiests)piss me right the hell off...Thankfully the admins allow people to truly voice their opinions.

If you are a Christian and you log onto this site you should be prepared to have your goose cooked if you think you have to "save" people...

Hi, Young Mother Atheist:

I understand your post and I agree to some extent ... but I realize one can't expect much civility on the nameless, faceless Internet (which seems to bring out the worse in wimps trying to pretent to be both macho and intellectual), so the only advice I can give is to try to ignore the jerks.

Right after I joined this site, I got blasted by an asshole who is a frequent participant on these boards (and who apparently pisses off a lot of folks); seems he was offended by me declaring myself as an agnostic rather than an atheist; he didn't like how I defined myself so he chose to insult my intelligence and tell me I had no right to post in HIS forum.

If all ex-christians were such nasty, narrow-minded fundy atheists, I would never come back to this site. But, when I do, I invariably find something interesting that grabs my attention, and I just skim right pass any posts by that assihole; not worth wasting my time with the rantings of a vicious pseudo-intellectual, so I'm glad I didn't follow my first instinct and throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Exactly.

Moderators shouldn't have to babysit the boards to remove and correct offensive material that might stir up a little emotions. We do remove sexual explicit contents, how to make bombs, and racial stuff. But other than that, we consider the members to be grown up enough to handle rough handling, and mature langauge.

I challenge anyone that enters a discussion area to be civil and keep on topic.

YMA - There are two things I can see which might explain the strong responses you have received in this thread. First, the subtitle states "a challenge to be moral." This implies that we ex-christians are behaving immorally. That is a very inflammatory attitude. However, from your post it appears that you might be more concerned with civility vs. rudeness. It would be nice if you could edit the title. Second, while you complained twice that your post was "just a suggestion" both the title and your opening post specifically refer to it as a challenge. A challenge illicits a stronger response than a suggestion, IMHO.

Having said all that, I have definitely noticed that some react much stronger towards Christians than I do. Perhaps that is because I look at my Christian years as part of my overall learning experience, not a period of torture or abuse. My parents were generally well-adjusted, I'm sure that helped. Thus a ranting fundy evangelical is more likely to amuse me than upset me. But that's just me.

YMA - There are two things I can see which might explain the strong responses you have received in this thread. First, the subtitle states "a challenge to be moral." This implies that we ex-christians are behaving immorally. That is a very inflammatory attitude. However, from your post it appears that you might be more concerned with civility vs. rudeness. It would be nice if you could edit the title. Second, while you complained twice that your post was "just a suggestion" both the title and your opening post specifically refer to it as a challenge. A challenge illicits a stronger response than a suggestion, IMHO.

Having said all that, I have definitely noticed that some react much stronger towards Christians than I do. Perhaps that is because I look at my Christian years as part of my overall learning experience, not a period of torture or abuse. My parents were generally well-adjusted, I'm sure that helped. Thus a ranting fundy evangelical is more likely to amuse me than upset me. But that's just me.

Agreed. The problem is that so many fundy Christians come and accuse us of the same (not just being rude, but actually being evil, simply because we aren't members of their religion. If someone accused you of being evil because you weren't an Xyz religion member, how would you react? You'd probably be annoyed also.

In many circumstances, we cannot voice our objections because in real life, these people are friends, co-workers, or members of our family. So it is a relief to come here and be able to vent.

Also keep in mind that certain sub forums, like Rants and Replies, and the Lion's Den, are more for venting or going off-topic. There is the Colosseum for more formal debates where going OT is not allowed, and you can always challenge someone to a really formal debate where there are much stricter rules.

As for the debating in the Lion's Den, it seems like there is a stage that most Ex-Cers go through, and in that stage, they have a need to confront fundies (or at least people who resemble them, if they can't directly confront their friends and family). So the Lion's Den serves a purpose that the Colosseum does not. It allows the recent Ex-Christian to confront fundies in a safe environment and say things they might not otherwise be able to say to people they know IRL. The need to confront others can be strong. I went through that stage and am past it now.

I myself am very introverted, and it is a relief for me to be able to fully express myself somewhere other than my journal, and know that I'm not going to get made fun of or something (and even if I am, I can just hit the ignore button). I'm sure there are others who feel similarly.

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu
We do remove sexual explicit contents, how to make bombs, and racial stuff.

Haitians have huge cocks, love bubblegum, and know how to combine gasoline and dish soap in a 3-1 ratio to make a Molotov Cocktail.

I still see a lack of testicular fortitude. Why should I give you respect?

I can't speak for Marty, but I do have an opinion.

For me, respect is a default position; I extend respect until someone has proved himself unworthy of it. It's like "innocent until proven guilty".

You may do as you please, of course.

We do remove sexual explicit contents, how to make bombs, and racial stuff.

Haitians have huge cocks, love bubblegum, and know how to combine gasoline and dish soap in a 3-1 ratio to make a Molotov Cocktail.

Get'm mods!

Well, I mean really, really explicit sexual contents, and racial hate slurs etc... but y'all knew that already. :)

That Haitians have huge cocks, good for them. But what bubblegum has to do with their cocks is way beyond my comprehension. :twitch: