Goodbye Jesus

For All The Ex-christians On This Site

Young Mother Atheist

We do remove sexual explicit contents, how to make bombs, and racial stuff.

Haitians have huge cocks, love bubblegum, and know how to combine gasoline and dish soap in a 3-1 ratio to make a Molotov Cocktail.

How huge are they? Got pics? and yes..what DOES bubblegum have to do with it?

Also, which brand of dish soap? And..which octane gasoline? We need details, dude!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Young Mother Atheist

• Asimov

• jjacksonRIAB

• Knightley

The problem is that we have a few vocal posters who are proud of the fact that they're assholes. People with manners and maturity can't compete with that, nor do they feel obligated to try and teach good manners to people so completely opposed to learning them. So they just leave, and the mood of the forums today is what you get as a result.

This used to be a place of healing and education. Now it's a place of cheap one liners and bold text verbal masturbation. Instead of growth, support, and learning flowing off the page, you have to sift through bullshit and hunt it down. And as someone who's been around long enough to see it both ways, it's a damn shame.

Just like the evolution of internet. :)

So what should be changed then, and how?

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu
But what bubblegum has to do with their cocks is way beyond my comprehension.

You've never heard that scathing racial stereotype before? A single afternoon in Haiti will answer all of your questions. Bring your own bubblegum.

The problem is that we have a few vocal posters who are proud of the fact that they're assholes. People with manners and maturity can't compete with that, nor do they feel obligated to try and teach good manners to people so completely opposed to learning them. So they just leave, and the mood of the forums today is what you get as a result.

This used to be a place of healing and education. Now it's a place of cheap one liners and bold text verbal masturbation. Instead of growth, support, and learning flowing off the page, you have to sift through bullshit and hunt it down. And as someone who's been around long enough to see it both ways, it's a damn shame.

Jesus Christ! Cheer up!

I agree that you should not have used the term "moral"

After being a christian that word is in my top 10 most annoying words list.

The christians who come on this site are here for two purposes:

1) re-converting us-you can tell these ones in an instant and they should be treated with the utmost honesty

2) curiosity and doubt-these ones should also be treated with honesty because it's the only way they will learn.

I know that when I was a christian I would not have wanted anyone to sugarcoat things for me.

Which is more "moral"?

a) trying to get someone to believe a self-destructive lie, or

B) being honest with them and maybe causing some temporary emotional pain.

On the other hand I find no enjoyment of saying mean insults or whatnot.

Well, I'll throw my couple of pesos in the pot, too.

As my moniker indicates, I prefer to be "sweet" when I can... just because that is part of who I am... but I have to admit, your request bugged me, too.

You requested politely, so I'll respond politely: No. I choose not to do as you ask.

You explained your rationale in the opening post, so I'll explain mine, too.

I've had to vent a *lot* of anger to get to a point of decent healing from my "Christian" upbringing and life experiences... literally, about 7 years' worth of daily venting (on another, denomination-specific, recovery forum). I am still "detoxing," though in different ways now. But back then, people got very offended at me at times, because I got very angry at times. But when people refused to give me the space to just be who I am, it made me want to push back that much harder to establish my own personal boundaries. I certainly had none when I was a Christian. "They " (both parents and church authorities) trained me to be obedient, not to think critically--because being myself and thinking for myself would be a threat to their power. But I submit it is only right and good--and yes, it is moral--that we all should do exactly that. Establish boundaries. Think critically. Take back our own power--and not an ounce more than that which is rightfully ours.

If my words or deeds make me im/amoral in someone else's eyes, oh, well. I am far past the point where I feel I must "be good," or conform to an arbitrary standard of behavior to prove anything to anyone. As far as that goes, It has been my experience that Christians themselves are the best "missionaries" ever for deconverting people from Christianity. They (and perhaps you, if the shoe fits) should worry about themselves, rather than worrying about how I talk or act.

I don't think I ever *met* an atheist, much less talked to one, the whole time I was a Christian. Yes, I was that sheltered (like you, I also live in the "Bible Belt," that accounts for part of it).

I feel I found a hidden gem when I found this forum. I don't get to drop in as much as I like, though. I wouldn't change a thing. :)

I can't speak for Marty, but I do have an opinion.

For me, respect is a default position; I extend respect until someone has proved himself unworthy of it. It's like "innocent until proven guilty".

You may do as you please, of course.

My default position is one of neither respect nor disrespect until someone shows that they either have earned it or unearned it.

Demanding respect means you don't earn it. Being an overlysensitive baby means you don't earn it....so far on the respect-o-meter this dudes at a 2.

You're at an 8 or 9 Ro-bear... :D