Goodbye Jesus

Experience Christ Consciousness Directly

Guest Unity

Guest Unity

In the spirit of love there is unity with room for diversity without elimination. Christ consciousness is ready to reveal itself to the sincere soul that makes an intense effort to search for love. What is needed is not submission to an external authority, a flawless book, or a rigid church that divides and eliminates, but an inward realization of God that unites. We need to test our realization with reason, witness it at work and perceive the unity of everything in God's pure consciousness. In every race, in every country and in every stage of history and culture people talk about God so we must admit that our minds are being qualified and supported with God’s love to reach within our selves and others to experience this pure consciousness that permeates everything.

Christian Mysticism Explained

Do you have anything to offer the group other than religious propaganda?

In the spirit of love there is unity with room for diversity without elimination.

great... that means i dont have to believe and ill be fine right?

In the spirit of love there is unity with room for diversity without elimination. Christ consciousness is ready to reveal itself to the sincere soul that makes an intense effort to search for love. What is needed is not submission to an external authority, a flawless book, or a rigid church that divides and eliminates, but an inward realization of God that unites. We need to test our realization with reason, witness it at work and perceive the unity of everything in God's pure consciousness. In every race, in every country and in every stage of history and culture people talk about God so we must admit that our minds are being qualified and supported with God’s love to reach within our selves and others to experience this pure consciousness that permeates everything.

Christian Mysticism Explained

Hello Unity - welcome....

I've followed the contemplative branch of Christianity for years. I've been a participant here at Ex-C for several months now.

You may want to back track a bit, introduce yourself and let folks get to know you as a person. These are a friendly bunch of people, just remember who's home you're visiting and you'll find a welcoming crowd. :)

These are a friendly bunch of people, just remember who's home you're visiting and you'll find a welcoming crowd. :)

DON'T LISTEN TO HER!!!! I'm as evil as the day is long, and I will feast on your blood and bones before the day is through!!! :fdevil:

(Hi, O_M! How's tricks, girlfriend? :wub: )

In every race, in every country and in every stage of history and culture people talk about God so we must admit that our minds are being qualified and supported with God’s love to reach within our selves and others to experience this pure consciousness that permeates everything.

Sooooo. Because most people on the planet talk about and believe in a god.....that is subsequently proof of god's existence?

If I get millions of people to talk about the flying spaghetti monster, does that make it's marinara blessings real?

DON'T LISTEN TO HER!!!! I'm as evil as the day is long, and I will feast on your blood and bones before the day is through!!!

:lmao::lmao:

(Hi, O_M! How's tricks, girlfriend? :wub: )

:wave: Hey Mr. Grinch... making me laugh as always.

"girlfriend"? What a compliment :)

I get called lots of things - but "girlfriend" generally isn't one of them. ;)

Hate to say it, and I may well be wrong... but the style of presentation and the link at the end makes me think this is the last we shall hear from him. Almost had the style of the swami bringing his own conciousness to us awhile back, or the one post wonder sharing the truth of Islam for us. Well see, but I'm in for $5.00 on this one. Any takers?

You may want to back track a bit, introduce yourself and let folks get to know you as a person. These are a friendly bunch of people, just remember who's home you're visiting and you'll find a welcoming crowd. :)

Friendly bunch? :scratch: Funny how the opinions go between the two extremes. :)

Unity, leave before it's too late. We'll chew you up, then gnaw on your bones, and finally dip you in tar and feathers! Be warned! :HaHa:

Hate to say it, and I may well be wrong... but the style of presentation and the link at the end makes me think this is the last we shall hear from him. Almost had the style of the swami bringing his own conciousness to us awhile back, or the one post wonder sharing the truth of Islam for us. Well see, but I'm in for $5.00 on this one. Any takers?

Not me. Smells like another arrogant, shit-n-git poster to me, too. That's why I haven't responded to it, (just to Open_Minded). If/when they return with some serious substance, then I'll unsheathed my battle-axe and let 'em have it. Until then, they can just suck it.

In the spirit of love there is unity with room for diversity without elimination. Christ consciousness is ready to reveal itself blah blah-blah-blah, blah blah-blah-blah, blah blah-blah-blah.

:jerkit:

In the spirit of love there is unity with room for diversity without elimination. Christ consciousness is ready to reveal itself blah blah-blah-blah, blah blah-blah-blah, blah blah-blah-blah.
:jerkit:
Zackly... :Wendywhatever:

Know love, know Christ.

No Christ, no love.

Hah! To that I say, fuck you and the ass and foal of an ass that you rode in on!

...In every race, in every country and in every stage of history and culture people talk about God...

Only that it's not always the same deity by far.

While we are at it, which one? My own faith offers two complete pantheons already, and that's just one of many religions out there. :wicked:

(At least I'll grant you that so far you didn't try to scare us into conversion with some of the goo' ol' fire'n'brimstone babble...)

Guest Unity

You guys need to lighten up for a minute I thought I was on a Christian forum. To hate Christianity and to love Christianity is almost the same because you are thinking about it all the time. Christianity is not kind to me either or the world, but I am not against Christ.

We certainly encounter problems, but we are not going to thrive by dwelling on these negatives. Mentally or physically such self-indulgences only brings on headaches, heartaches and trouble. I hope I have not opened any old sores.

You guys need to lighten up for a minute I thought I was on a Christian forum. To hate Christianity and to love Christianity is almost the same because you are thinking about it all the time. Christianity is not kind to me either or the world, but I am not against Christ.

We certainly encounter problems, but we are not going to thrive by dwelling on these negatives. Mentally or physically such self-indulgences only brings on headaches, heartaches and trouble. I hope I have not opened any old sores.

I hate Xianity but I don't dwell on it. I may comment on it on the board here, but it doesn't obsess my every waking moment. Be careful of generalizing, there.

I'm an Odinist, and I have plenty of positives on my own religion. I don't need some pretentious Jeezus™ mysticism to "lighten me up" as I do not recognize the need to defer to anything remotely smacking of Xianity in my spiritual life.

Besides, if you've joined this forum, you must have recognized that it is an Ex-Xian board. At the very least, the confirmation-of-membership email you received would've been a clear sign. But if you honestly thought otherwise, you may want to leave now - you'll find no sympathy for any "Christ™ Consciousness" stuff here.

You guys need to lighten up for a minute I thought I was on a Christian forum.

I personally don't believe a word of that.

To hate Christianity and to love Christianity is almost the same because you are thinking about it all the time.

Oh great! "Philospophy101 - for the complete beginner" or "Everything you wanted to know about Dualities by were afraid to ask."

I'd suggest that if you think about it all the time, then you are obsessed and need help.

Christianity is not kind to me either or the world, but I am not against Christ.

That is just too strange.

If something is bad, why do you stick with it? Are you a masochist?

We certainly encounter problems, but we are not going to thrive by dwelling on these negatives.

What? Who is "we"? Do you mean other Christians?

Is this going to be a lead in for "We're not perfect, just forgiven?"

If it is, then please stop right there.

Mentally or physically such self-indulgences only brings on headaches, heartaches and trouble. I hope I have not opened any old sores.

Dealing with things rationally and honestly helps the headaches go away, if that doesn't work please see a Doctor.

.... and since I don't believe that you didn't know this was an Ex-Christian site, then I think you came here to evangelize and in essence suspected in advance you'd be opening "old-Scars".

You guys need to lighten up for a minute I thought I was on a Christian forum.

I think you meant to say:

You guys need to lighten up for a minute; I thought I was on a Christian forum.

or

You guys need to lighten up; for a minute I thought I was on a Christian forum.

Christianity is not kind to me either or the world, but I am not against Christ.

That is just too strange.

If something is bad, why do you stick with it? Are you a masochist?

Of course - all religious Xians are spiritual masochists. They delight in being humiliated and delight in suffering for their Lard and Slaver. Xians love being brainwashed into thinking they are worthless worms before their almighty master :jerkit:

Ahh...a member of the Unity Church no doubt. I am quite familiar with this. It's like mixing xianity and new age (the god within and unites us...blah). Where to start with the problems with what you've said thus far?

Christ consciousness is ready to reveal itself to the sincere soul that makes an intense effort to search for love.

I can love just fine without Christ consciousness. There are, for that matter, numerous religions that all teach love. So why Christianity? Also, you might want to take a harder look at this wonderful Christ whom you think to be all about love. Read Mark. He makes fun of his disciples, he specifically states that he speaks in parables so as to confuse people, and he rarely says anything of love. He speaks mainly of the obscure "kingdom of god" and "spreading the gospel" while never explaining what either of these are.

What is needed is not submission to an external authority, a flawless book, or a rigid church that divides and eliminates, but an inward realization of God that unites.

Why do I need the idea of something that has not been proven to exist to unite me with other people? The mere fact that we are all human unites us, and then from there we are united on further levels of similarity in location, thoughts, attitudes, interests, etc. And inward realization of a god that unites is an oxymoron unless you are talking about god uniting you with yourself. If you are looking inward you will not be seeing other people nor caring about them. To unite yourself with others, you must look outward.

We need to test our realization with reason, witness it at work and perceive the unity of everything in God's pure consciousness.

If we test, TRULY TEST, the realization of this uniting god and christ with reason we will find it to be unreasonable. You cannot say god exists without offering "evidence" that is not reasonable. Reason implies "the capacity for logical, rational, and analytic thought; intelligence" (dictionary.com). There is nothing logical or rational about god. Actually, according to the REASONABLE Ocam's Razor, "when multiple competing theories have equal predictive powers, the principle recommends selecting those that introduce the fewest assumptions and postulate the fewest hypothetical entities" (wikipedia.com). Supposing a god supposes multiplying entities because if he created us then something had to create him and so on. The most rational answer would be god doesn't exist. There is no room for god in analytical thought since something invisible, ambiguous, and unevident cannot be analyzed. It would only be through blind reasoning that we could suppose ourselves to be part of god's pure consciousness- and this is not really reasoning as I have explained above.

In every race, in every country and in every stage of history and culture people talk about God so we must admit that our minds are being qualified and supported with God’s love to reach within our selves and others to experience this pure consciousness that permeates everything.

In every race, country, and stage of history and culture people have talked about all kinds of things. That doesn't mean that those things are real or exist. With the passage of time we find validation for that which is real and evidence against (or lack of evidence for) that which doesn't. And even if it is some god uniting us all and making us think about him, it could quite possibly have nothing to do with Christ.

And God's consciousness, if that's what it is, is not pure because it's interpreted differently by anyone who thinks they are experiencing it.

We aren't special. We are but evolved animals like everything else. We can think about ourselves and communicate our ideas, but that doesn't make god exist or for us to have a need for a higher being to unite us.

I hope you will be coming back with some comments to what we've all said here. Comments that explain your position with evidence.

If I get millions of people to talk about the flying spaghetti monster, does that make it's marinara blessings real?

MAKE it's marinara blessings real? BLASPHEMER! They ARE REAL! Until you've been touched by his noodly appendage, you just don't know!

Guest Unity

Tired of and offended of Christian judging and rhetoric? So you are giving me a taste of the medicine. If there is one force, does it matter what you call it? You can call it flying spagetti if you wish, I am not offended. I like spagetti just leave out the meatballs. That doesn't make me Italian. We can use words without belonging to a group, sect or church. There is not one true and only religion so don't worry and be happy. We are so quick to judge

If there is one force, does it matter what you call it?
Before one can call it anything, proof of its existence would help.

I am an agnostic polytheist who does not believe in a universal god or lifeforce. I see the universe as essentially non-sentient, and the gods of my pantheon as subjectively-perceived archetypes that may or may not represent actual beings. Call it Christ Consciousness or Buddha Nature or what have you; the "God that unites" is a subjective construct until proven otherwise by science.

I'm against Christ.

If there is one force, does it matter what you call it?

When you yourself use christian-ese to define it....YES it does matter what you call it! Being a deist, I'm willing to accept the idea that there is a god, but I do not pretend to the kind of ego that in any way can describe or pronounce that being's intent for us, the universe, or anything.

And I certainly see no evidence whatsoever that this being is particularly concerned with the moral code of any human society. Certainly not concerned enough to be interested in clarity of said code.

See? I just described a basic part of my belief to you without using any religious language whatsoever, as it is religion that I place no truth value to.

If your belief was truly as label irrelevant as you now claim, then you wouldn't have come in here calling it "Christ Consciousness".

Like it or not, a "cultural copyright" (paradigm) exists for the word 'Christ' already.

Would 'Supreme Consciousness' work better? :scratch:

Tired of and offended of Christian judging and rhetoric? So you are giving me a taste of the medicine. If there is one force, does it matter what you call it? You can call it flying spagetti if you wish, I am not offended. I like spagetti just leave out the meatballs. That doesn't make me Italian. We can use words without belonging to a group, sect or church. There is not one true and only religion so don't worry and be happy. We are so quick to judge

What's wrong with judging?