Goodbye Jesus

Anti-religion Clothing

KT45

Thurisaz, do you mind if I say that everyone in that picture looks like they're stuck in the late 80's/early 90's? It looks like they're meeting up before heading to a Faith No More concert.

I have a nice Shiva/Thousand-Armed Buddha pendant that is shaped like a little shrine, and lets people know what I hold dear. That alone usually lets people know what I'm about.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thurisaz

• KT45

• pandora

• The Sage Nabooru

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thurisaz ~ I've said it before and I'll say it again. Great pic, great sig!

I wouldn't wear an "anti" anything piece of clothing. I do have a pentagram belt buckle that I have worn to work on casual Friday. (Freya's Day!) I got some looks, but I live in the northeast US and folks are a smidgen more tolerant.

The only anti-Christian thing I wear is a smirk at their crosses and bumper sticker theology, to which I posted a counter to on another thread.

Years ago, I made a t-shirt for myself that says (black shirt with silver lettering),

Christianity is Sado-masochism of the Soul.

I loved that shirt! I gave it to Reach and she wears it to bed (sometimes).

One I've wanted to make for a long time but haven't gotten to yet will say,

Onward (your religion here) Soldiers!

Thurisaz, do you mind if I say that everyone in that picture looks like they're stuck in the late 80's/early 90's? It looks like they're meeting up before heading to a Faith No More concert.

Aaah, who cares about fashion as long as you have a good time? And the people gathering at the Externsteine definitely have :pureevil:

Thurisaz ~ I've said it before and I'll say it again. Great pic, great sig!

*bows thankfully* ;)

One I've wanted to make for a long time but haven't gotten to yet will say,

Onward (your religion here) Soldiers!

If you ever want to do me a favor, forget about the "soldiers". Just say "Onward Berserkers" or "Onward Einherjers" :wicked:

I don't wear any anti-religion clothing, yet some people who look closely enough are wary of my 12-pointed pentacle of Mercury. The design is on a small pewter disc that I wear on an otherwise unadorned necklace.

I have a Tori Amos concert tour T-shirt that says "RECOVERING CHRISTIAN" in the back in big block letters. I love that shirt, but I am mindful of where I wear it.

When I was a Chrisitian, I never felt the need to display obnoxious Christian slogans such as "Lack of exposure to the Son may cause burning". Why should I feel the need to weare preachy clothing now that I am a secularist? I don't see why I should display my personal beliefs on a billboard for anyone to see.

My thoughts exactly.

This is the kind of stuff Christians like to do, and it's bloody fucking annoying! Why should I stoop to their level? :shrug:

When I was still a Christian, I used to have a t-shirt that said, "Satan is ugly as sin 'cuz Jesus beat him with a stick." Kind of corny, but I liked it and I wore it to high school all the time. Now I am all for propaganda the other way. On the one hand, I hate to do it because that kind of abrasiveness is one of the things that turned me off to Christianity in the first place, so doing the same thing back is making me just as guilty. On the other hand, I am getting tired of my mom giving me books about C.S. Lewis, or a co-worker slipping a tract in my inbox, or my grandma sending me e-mails telling me about her "MASTERcard," and therefore I can show them how much I dislike it by doing the same thing back to them. Maybe then they will leave me alone.

...or my grandma sending me e-mails telling me about her "MASTERcard,"

:lmao:

Will Jesus pay my Visa bill?

When I was a Chrisitian, I never felt the need to display obnoxious Christian slogans such as "Lack of exposure to the Son may cause burning". Why should I feel the need to weare preachy clothing now that I am a secularist? I don't see why I should display my personal beliefs on a billboard for anyone to see.

I have not ever, and will not ever have a bumber sticker. I purposefully drive non-dicript cars, and I look like the nicest housewife in the whole wide world. No one notices me, and if they do they are all "Awww isn't she cute" I'm an agnostic, or soft atheist, I am a kniky person, I am bi-sexual, I am also the mother of three. I strongly do not want to be noticed. Ever see men in black? Well that has been my therory for a long time before the movie. Be invisable you can get away with just about anything.

That said, that's me. Stuck in traffic, sometimes I appreciate people who have a ton of bumber stickers on their cars. :: shrug ::

...or my grandma sending me e-mails telling me about her "MASTERcard,"

:lmao:

Will Jesus pay my Visa bill?

LMAO!! :lmao:

I thought the same thing! :lmao:

I have a Tori Amos concert tour T-shirt that says "RECOVERING CHRISTIAN" in the back in big block letters. I love that shirt, but I am mindful of where I wear it.

I am a huge Tori fan, and a friend of mine from high school had that shirt... and I haven't seen it or heard about that since. I wish I could buy it somewhere! Although, I haven't checked eBay for it in several months (I actually looked for it before).

:)

I wonder why that is that Americans have this thing against wearing shirts that may advertise our opinions, on religion especially. All religion is sacred in America... one can't wear anything anti-anything else. It's just considered taboo around here to advertise that kind of thing right up front... I think religion or lack thereof is very private for many people. I was very proud to wear a cross every day as a Christian, but for some reason, I don't feel comfortable wearing something anti-Christian or anti-religion. I tend more towards wearing things that may suggest 'Im politically liberal, but I would never go so far as to wear something that declares that I am agnostic or atheist. I just think there would be too many repercussions socially. :shrug:

I did get a guy once that honked and acted really excited, giving me the "thumbs up" sign as he drove by, when he saw my car emblem, however (it's a evolution fish screwing an Ichthus fish, and I also have a bumper sticker that says "Having abandoned my search for truth, I am now looking for a good fantasy"). The car is the one exception to this rule. More people seem to be okay with displaying their religion on their cars in my neck of the woods. Strange, eh?

I have not ever, and will not ever have a bumber sticker. I purposefully drive non-dicript cars, and I look like the nicest housewife in the whole wide world. No one notices me, and if they do they are all "Awww isn't she cute" I'm an agnostic, or soft atheist, I am a kniky person, I am bi-sexual, I am also the mother of three. I strongly do not want to be noticed. Ever see men in black? Well that has been my therory for a long time before the movie. Be invisable you can get away with just about anything.

That said, that's me. Stuck in traffic, sometimes I appreciate people who have a ton of bumber stickers on their cars. :: shrug ::

There's a lot of wisdom to that... I think that is my theory about my clothes. My car is generally anonymous.... except to my close family members or co-workers, or to people that come to my house such as repair people or mail man. I don't care that my mail man or my air conditioning guy knows I'm an athiest. I guess there could be a problem at work, though... but if you work somewhere large, it's not such a big problem. My close friends and family members probably already know how I feel, so it's not a big deal there... I guess that's why I feel okay having a couple bumper stickers.

I also forgot to mention I had one that said, "If terrorism is a form of warfare, and warfare is a kind of terrorism, then what exactly is a war on terror?"

I still look like I'm going to a Faith No More concert...and I'm aware that Mike Patton's in it for the money, since I'm wearing Mr. Bungle propaganda. :)

Mostly, I try to blend in. Somewhat. I live out in the boondocks of rural Georgia now, so my cargo shorts/cutoff raver jeans and black wifebeaters don't go over quite as well as they did in the city.

Is that Bjork in your avatar? I kind of forget what she looks like, so I'm probably wrong. ;)

Ha ha.. .it has to be Bjork. That's pretty funny.

wonder why that is that Americans have this thing against wearing shirts that may advertise our opinions, on religion especially. All religion is sacred in America... one can't wear anything anti-anything else. It's just considered taboo around here to advertise that kind of thing right up front... I think religion or lack thereof is very private for many people. I was very proud to wear a cross every day as a Christian, but for some reason, I don't feel comfortable wearing something anti-Christian or anti-religion. I tend more towards wearing things that may suggest 'Im politically liberal, but I would never go so far as to wear something that declares that I am agnostic or atheist. I just think there would be too many repercussions socially.

I think that in America it is better to be "pro" something than "anti" something. Better to be "pro" atheism than "anti" religion, you see? Better to be "pro" Buddha than "anti" Jesus, or "pro" choice than "anti" anti-abortionist. That's why both sides of the abortion debate describe themselves as "pro" - "pro" life and "pro" choice.

"Pro" conjures up images of supporting rallies, confidence and positivity, whereas "anti" brings to mind antagonism (sounds much alike).

More stories please!!!!!!!!

We live in a liberal metro area - so my son's tee-shirts fit right in.

He has one that says:

Front: Jesus Saves

Back: And only takes half damage

I guess it's a gamer joke. :)

It fits right in here at home - but he put it on when we went back to my home state for a nephew's graduation. The graduation party was in a local church, in a small rural community full of fundies. My son got more than a few stares. Most people didn't know what to do with it. :lmao:

Also - we've seen the following tee shirts and bumper stickers around home:

• Jesus Loves Me - But I make him wear a condom
  • Jesus is coming - open you mouth
  • God bless everyone - no exceptions
  • The Righteous were wrong in Jesus day, too.

He has one that says:

Front: Jesus Saves

Back: And only takes half damage

I guess it's a gamer joke. :)

Sounds like that.

Aaaah, the goo' ol' days of Rolemaster fantasy RPG...

Me (GM): "So, you gonna climp up the spiral staircase in that old tower, even though they don't look too trustworthy?"

Player 1: "Yup!"

Me: "Okay, so..."

Player 2 (interrupting with a grin) "But first we save the game..."

All: *hysterical laughter*

Man were we crazy... :crazy:

If Christians have the right to wear a cross around your neck, you certain ly have the right to wear that type of clothing, Taylork45.

I actually got the trunk of my car keyed when I had a Kerry sticker on the car

Christians just hate it when you disagree with their high and mighty retard of a president.

Christians just hate it when you disagree with their high and mighty retard of a president.

That kind of moron can be found everywhere.

Back then when I started my studies at TU (Technische Universität) Braunschweig, I still had an "Eine starke Truppe" on my trunk - that's the "slogan" of the German Federal forces (I had just finished serving my term).

Within a week some arseclown slit my tires. Well, just one of them, fortunately. I removed the sticker and "lived happily ever after".

Funny thing is that I kept another sticker, with my former unit's emblem, on my car... and nothing ever happened. Must have been because it didn't incorporate an Iron Cross or something else obviously militarily. ;)

I think that in America it is better to be "pro" something than "anti" something. Better to be "pro" atheism than "anti" religion, you see? Better to be "pro" Buddha than "anti" Jesus, or "pro" choice than "anti" anti-abortionist. That's why both sides of the abortion debate describe themselves as "pro" - "pro" life and "pro" choice.

Good point. I'm a proatheist. Heck that sounds good, and no one understands it. :HaHa:

• 3 months later...

Yes, my Morbid Angel hoody with an upside down star and upside down cross on it.

Yes, my Morbid Angel hoody with an upside down star and upside down cross on it.

pic?

infidelguy.jpg

I have really wanted to buy some clothing that is anti-christianity or anti-religious to express myself. But I don't really have the balls to do it (at least not yet!!! :pureevil: )

But I guess I have the fear of dealing with some fanatical christian that would try to take my clothes away or fight me in public. I'm also not used to bringing so much attention to myself.

Has anyone ever wanted to wear some clothing like this? Has anyone ever worn clothing like this? What response did you get from people or do you have any interesting stories?

Hi there dude. It was almost immediate when I became an atheist, that I purchases anti-christian and atheist clothing and bumper stickers. I have not had any retaliation in the realm of vandalism or confrontations. However, I do get looks from people when I wear them in public. A few times, some people behind my car at a traffic light were laughing at my bumper stickers (I think it was because they agreed with them). I have also received praises for wearing my anti-god stuff from people working at Papa John's and a cheesesteak place. They were generally young people, which gives me hope.

Sometimes, I make my own t-shirts with those printer iron-ons. I just want people to know that not everyone is a god-believer. Atheists need to stop being silent and fearful about what people think. If you were to unite all atheists in the United States as a "denomination", it would probably be the largest one in the country.

I also wear them so people who might be atheists can see there isn't anything to fear. Some people tell me that I'm only trying to offend people, but what about the Christians who wear their Jesus shirts and crosses and bumper stickers? Those are offensive to non-christians who know the real history of Christianity.

So, I would say don't fret and wear your shirts with pride. Let me list what t-shirts I have so you have an idea of my variety.

1)Weapons of Mass Destruction (a drawing of a bible and koran)

2)Get Rich off Christ Dyin'

3)Drawing of John Adams and the Treaty of Tripoli quote

4)Drawing of Jesus wearing a t-shirt that says "I died for your sins and all I got was this damn t-shirt"

5)Listerine logo changed to "ATHEISM" with anti-god belief ingredients

6)Happy Atheist logo

7)Cruci Fiction cross logo (homemade)

8)God is Imaginary (homemade)

Some other ideas I have for a t-shirt are the following :

A)Church sign picture with the phrase "Love Jesus or He'll fucking kill you"

B)"Jesus saved me.....15% on my car insurance by switching to GODCO.....Call 1-800-DEAD-JEW"

Let me know what you think

Matt

Sometimes, I make my own t-shirts with those printer iron-ons. I just want people to know that not everyone is a god-believer. Atheists need to stop being silent and fearful about what people think. If you were to unite all atheists in the United States as a "denomination", it would probably be the largest one in the country.

I also wear them so people who might be atheists can see there isn't anything to fear. Some people tell me that I'm only trying to offend people, but what about the Christians who wear their Jesus shirts and crosses and bumper stickers? Those are offensive to non-christians who know the real history of Christianity.

So, I would say don't fret and wear your shirts with pride. Let me list what t-shirts I have so you have an idea of my variety.

I agree with brad_religion. It's annoying having people assume you're of one particular religion. It's good to let people know that there are people of other religions or no religion out there. It definitely helps those who are of different faiths or athiests know that they aren't alone.

I would definitely wear an athiest shirt(or whatever I'd call me). There may be a couple places that I wouldn't where it, like if I was with my family, but other than that I'd wear it anywhere.

Wearing anti-religious clothes is different I think. I would definitely wear a shirt that was more subtle with a quote or something pretty much anywhere. But like an inverted pentacle or upside down cross or some other pretty blasphemous thing I'm not sure if I would wear it, if I did I'd be careful about the places I wear it to. I like to stand out sometimes, but I don't like conflict too much. I can't think on my feet that well.

But if I could ever get the courage to wear them, here's a couple of shirts I've been eyeing from this site: http://www.redhaze.com/acatalog/punk-mens.htm

shirt.jpg

hoody.jpg

Oh, I just wanted to say that I know inverted pentacles aren't anti-religious and most times not anti-xtian (only when it comes to LaVeyan Satanism it is I think since the religion in and of itself is anti-xtian.)