Goodbye Jesus

Soccer (football) Fans

Padreko

The US always gets the beat down in the FIFA world cup tourney. WHY!?!? They lost to Czech 3-0. I mean how pathetic is that? Not even one point. :eek: It really doesn't matter all that much to me because my favorite team is argentina(they won the cup in the year I was born :woohoo: ) But still, why do they have to suck so bad?

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

To be fair the Czech Re are a very good team. But yeah, the US sucks.

Because Wales aren't in it, I'm not supporting England. Mainly supporting Netherlands and Sweden.

The US always gets the beat down in the FIFA world cup tourney. WHY!?!?

Not always. They did surprisingly well four years ago. Which made them weirdly overconfident this time. I was pretty much expecting this. Ever since the draw. They might have survived the first round in some of the other groups. But after seeing Ghana play today, they'll be lucky to win a game.

Someday, maybe all those AYSO kids will quit switching to other sports in high school, and the US might get better. The sport's growing, but it'll take a while, especially because the media doesn't take it seriously (Those damn foreigners are bettter than us, and besides, there's no time for commmercials).

But, yeah, pathetic. Every time the players and announcers talked about how good their chances were, I was rolling my eyes. Maybe now reality will set in.

Because it's not American Football.

Im from Australia so u can bet who im goin for haha....But yeh its our first time in like 17 year or so...cant remember how long now...neway the US coach said Australia was jst a team to fill in space...last nite i watched as Aus downed Japan ranked 14th....Japan with a goal that even the umpire apologised that it was not meant to be counted...then 3 hammering goals in the last 10 minutes of the game by Aus....so yeh....I guess coaches sholdnt mouth off countries like that.

Because America sucks at everything except murdering children in other soveriegn nations, and exploiting the little brown people around the world.

My theory is this: There is a stronger tradition of international competition, and for some reason, Americanz don't like that... you would think this would make sports people hungry to prove our dominance, but personally, I think we are just scared to enter seriously into a sport where we would not be the strongest and best.

I don't pay much attention to sports, except for basketball... I am a Pacers fan.

The thing to understand is that in the USA, the best athletes do not play Soccer (Football). They play sports like American Football, basketball, baseball, Hockey, Rodeo (in the west). Soccer (Football) is a minor sport to us. If we really geared up and made it the top sport in this country, I have no doubt we would be among the dominant teams in the World Cup.

I disagree. Other countries play other sports too(rugby ,cricket, tennis etc). Actually, I think its pretty retarded for the US to suck so bad in an international sport. American football, basketball, baseball and Hockey - I don't ever see super hyped world cup tourneys in those sports. Except for the olympics(torino 2k6 Germany has more medals than the US) there is nothing else we can say that we rocked everyone's ass at.

How about this. The US is one country out of around 200 world wide. I know that everyone who lives there thinks that they are better than everyone else at anything they put their minds to. The fact is though soccer has an even playing field and the fact that the US does not dominate in this sport just reveals the truth I pointed out above that the US is just one country in a world with roughly 200 neighbors.

The World what now...?

Not a big sports fan myself, so never been really interested. My guess would be that it's a matter of promotion for the sport. Like someone else said, we've got youth soccer leagues, but I don't see a lot of college teams so I guess there isn't a very big support network for this stuff like Baseball and rest have...

Im from Australia so u can bet who im goin for haha....But yeh its our first time in like 17 year or so...cant remember how long now...neway the US coach said Australia was jst a team to fill in space...last nite i watched as Aus downed Japan ranked 14th....Japan with a goal that even the umpire apologised that it was not meant to be counted...then 3 hammering goals in the last 10 minutes of the game by Aus....so yeh....I guess coaches sholdnt mouth off countries like that.

I watched that game on the spanish channel (no, I don't speak the language, but at least they show the damn games). I was glad to see that Australia came back to win because JP's goal was total crap.

Why am I not surprised that the American coach would say something as arrogant as that.

How about this. The US is one country out of around 200 world wide. I know that everyone who lives there thinks that they are better than everyone else at anything they put their minds to. The fact is though soccer has an even playing field and the fact that the US does not dominate in this sport just reveals the truth I pointed out above that the US is just one country in a world with roughly 200 neighbors.

EXACTLY. Sorry for the caps... but I totally agree.

The thing to understand is that in the USA, the best athletes do not play Soccer (Football). They play sports like American Football, basketball, baseball, Hockey, Rodeo (in the west). Soccer (Football) is a minor sport to us. If we really geared up and made it the top sport in this country, I have no doubt we would be among the dominant teams in the World Cup.

And since the rest of the world is now beating us at "our" sports, ( U.S. 4th place at baseball world championship, "Dream Teams" getting their butts kicked in olympic basketball) maybe we should give soccer a chance. Or invent some new sports, so we can be the best at them for a while.

Because it's all about the money nowadays. If they can make millions playing basketball or get much less money for soccer, which do you think they would pick? Same thing with the Olympic "Dream Team" and why they got their asses beat....because most of the big names didn't want to participate. After all, they're already millionares and have more fame than they could imagine. So they probably think, why care about representing this country if all you get is a gold medal? They have it "all" already.