Goodbye Jesus

Why Should I Worship Jeezus(tm) And Not Odin?

Lycorth

Yes, Odin is clearly the more wothy of worship, much more than Jesus.

However, before Amy-Marie get's goin' out-a-here, I'd like her to answer a few simple, very straight forward questions. They are:

1. What are the basics precepts of Christian eschatology?

2. Where in the Bible is the “rapture” explained?

If she will just answer these very basic, straight forward questions, then it would be a relatively decent start to a discussion.

Perhaps someone can ask these of her, because it seems she may have "blocked" me from appearing in her list.

Thanks

Sparrow

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lycorth

• Ouroboros

• Asuryan

• Asimov

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes my faith really is rock-solid and truth-based.

Rock solid, perhaps.

Truth based, no.

I have explained over and over again, not only on this thread but others as well, why Jesus is good. He is not evil.

And people have explained over and over again why you are wrong.

I amazed at how compassionate, merciful and long suffering He is with people that continuosly hurl in His face blasphemies, insults and lies.

That's probably because he's not real.

remember in the NT when Jesus was tired

Tired? How can god be tired? I hope you understand why it doesn't make sense.

Unless he was just a regular guy, and not god.

.... Amy-Marie's usual stuff ....

As usual, totally ignores straight-forward questions or has gone off to look the word eschatology up in a dictionary and the origin of the "rapture" on the internet.

Sparrow

As usual, totally ignores straight-forward questions or has gone off to look the word eschatology up in a dictionary and the origin of the "rapture" on the internet.

Sparrow

The latter I can respect the former I cannot. :)

mwc

^..^

Sparrow

mwc

and your point?

Sparrow

mwc

and your point?

I'll put words in mwc's mouth for him!

The "latter" is respectable because it would be a sign of growth in Amy Marie. To take the time to research what she doesn't know....is much more respectable than the continuation of ignorance displayed in the "former" which is just more same shit different day.

*builds a little ark out of playdo*

*builds a diorama with a lot of small LegoTM characters all around the ark, seemingly dead*

*throws some red paint on the diorama*

*puts small sign "genocide here!"

*sends amy marie the diorama*

*goes back to waiting her everyday more unlikely answer...*

Sparrow

mwc

and your point?

I'll put words in mwc's mouth for him!

The "latter" is respectable because it would be a sign of growth in Amy Marie. To take the time to research what she doesn't know....is much more respectable than the continuation of ignorance displayed in the "former" which is just more same shit different day.

:thanks:

mwc

Ya know people just exude sweetness around here. I-I'm just...overwhelmed by your warm, charitable welcome. Thank you!

Stop with the lame sarcasm, it doesn't add anything to the discussion, it is a good way to whine while pretend you are not whining, and it's really getting on my nerves since your very first sarcastic posts (in the lions den too).

What do you want from us? Sweetness? Who told you we are "sweet" people? Who knows, maybe we are, but absolutely NOT the way you mean it. You're not sweet, you're sickening - an artificial and too strong kind of sweet, kinda like eating a whole glass full of Aspartame pills. We are not your kind of sweet, and you're not sweet at all.

Do you want to be treated with respect? Start answering us. Start answering ME. The more you delay your answer, the angrier I get. "ohh I'll let my paintings talk for me", NO, I want your answer to my post, it took me all of the morning and part of the afternoon to compose it, and heck I wouldn't have written it at all if I had known you are so intellectually dishonest to just AVOID it entirely. The more you delay your answer to me, the more hostile my posts will get, and I can't help it because I feel MOCKED by you.

Are you realizing that you are avoiding altogether ALL of the posts and questions that make you feel uneasy or threatened? Are you realizing that?? Varokhar is asking you a comparation between the informations we have on Odin from his holy book, and the informations we have on Jesus from his holy book. You keep dodging, you didn't even WANT to understand his question, you said him "yeah but my god exists, your doesn't, nyah nyah" while he DIDN'T ask you to tell him which god exists and which one doesn't. You said him "Yeah but jesus saved me and odin didn't" and it STILL isn't what he asked you! You're not only mocking me, you're mocking almost everyone here. Stop doing that. Stop dispensing fuzzy stories and paintings, at least until you dispense some answers to the people who took the care to discuss with you!

You know what you are accomplishing here, at least with me? You're making me angrier and angrier - not only that, but it seems that the only one here who you couldn't mock is Asimov.

*snarls*

eh lighten up. I have answered A's questions so many times and others as well. You just don't like my answers. I know already.

You don't like Jesus:

1.) Because He sends people to hell.

2.) Because He's an evil sadistic myth that burns babies

3.) Because He didn't suffer to your liking, didn't spend eternity in Hell.

4.) He's a liar because He doesn't answer prayer.

I would feel foolish hating or not liking someone whom I believe to have never existed. On top of that, the mythology and theology in the bible is not a reason to hate, but it is a reason to disbelieve.

^..^

Do you want to be treated with respect? Start answering us. Start answering ME. The more you delay your answer, the angrier I get. "ohh I'll let my paintings talk for me", NO, I want your answer to my post, it took me all of the morning and part of the afternoon to compose it, and heck I wouldn't have written it at all if I had known you are so intellectually dishonest to just AVOID it entirely. The more you delay your answer to me, the more hostile my posts will get, and I can't help it because I feel MOCKED by you.

Don't feel mocked by Amy. As I've said before I know her type (from personal experience). It's her nature (a very disturbing nature that can put me in the same exact place as you...the one that makes you want to reach into your monitor and grab that person around the neck) but she's the one with the problem so don't let it get to you (at least try not to...she does enjoy watching you get angry). She ignores most everything I say too (that plays into her power trip too but since we can talk back and forth about her it doesn't work as well as it does when she does this in private relationships...does it Amy? You're quite the little control freak aren't you? Walking out in the middle of an argument and accusing the other person of being childish. You'll finish talking when they "grow up" but you know you just never want to finish that argument, don't you?).

mwc

Don't feel mocked by Amy. As I've said before I know her type (from personal experience). It's her nature (a very disturbing nature that can put me in the same exact place as you...the one that makes you want to reach into your monitor and grab that person around the neck) but she's the one with the problem so don't let it get to you (at least try not to...she does enjoy watching you get angry). She ignores most everything I say too (that plays into her power trip too but since we can talk back and forth about her it doesn't work as well as it does when she does this in private relationships...does it Amy? You're quite the little control freak aren't you? Walking out in the middle of an argument and accusing the other person of being childish. You'll finish talking when they "grow up" but you know you just never want to finish that argument, don't you?).

mwc

mwc

It's a good thing I'm not your next store neighbor. You want to choke me????

Too bad we can't have discussions here without getting personal. For crying out loud. It's just a message board.

That's the type of answer I'd expect. Yep. You got me. There are bodies all around here. :ugh: When I say something I literally do it. So when I said put my hands through my monitor I meant it. Now I've got a broken monitor and bloody hands. I just can't help myself. :twitch: Didn't you read the message? I've dealt with your type before. I've dealt with the (false) accusations. I've dealt with the crap like this. How you go from the expression of a feeling to actually living next door to me and being choked is beyond me and all in your mind. Please don't start getting all paranoid on me. :Wendywhatever: Sorry. I've had no confrontations with my neighbors nor do I plan on having any.

mwc

"You are slaves to sin but He whom the Son sets free is free indeed." "For freedom Christ has set us free."

Have you stopped sinning amy?

He was good because He prevented evil from continuing. Lot asked God to spare the city if there was found but one hundred all the way down to ten righteous which he did not find, save Lots family.

Even the little children amy ?

How can Jeezus™ be good when he drowned millions of innocent men, women, and children in a worldwide flood, again, for displeasing him?

In your eyes they were innocent. The Bible says there was great wickedness on the earth and the thoughts of his heart fashioned nothing but wickedness all day long. You don't know what type of wickedness this was. You weren't there to see it. If you have an abcess tooth you have to extract the whole tooth. If not it can infect the entire mouth and bring far more damage.

Again does this include the babies ?

How can Jeezus™ be good when, as an all-powerful and all-good god, he does not simply eradicate evil and make it so Satan™ can't threaten or tempt anyone anymore?

He will one day. But He also gives man free choice, God or Satan.

He could have made man perfect but instead made him with inclinations to do that which offended him -is this justice? why could he not just have made us perfect with no sinfull desires, that way our free-will would never have been overcome with desires that displeased him.

Jesus is good because He provided the way out of hell. People that have never heard of Jesus or the Gospel are not held accountable.

Where does it say that in the bible?

I don't agree that He will throw people in hell who have never heard of Him.

Famous xtians in the past have thought otherwise, e.g St Augustine, one of the great Father sof the Church said unbaptised babies went to hell. Is this just your opinion?

He created man with free will to choose Him or Satan. Because they chose Satan, they had to be expelled. Jesus is good because the plan of redemption was already set in motion the moment the fall took place.

Because God is omnipotent he could have made us perfect so there was no way we would choose sin. Anyhow why should the rest of mankind be punished with a defective and sinful nature, according to xtianity, because of something two other people did a long time ago in the past in the garden of eden. Where is the justice in this?

How can Jeezus™ be good when he makes many promises (like always answering prayers prayed in his name, or that he will return "within this generation") and yet consistently fail to keep his word?

Jesus answers prayers, "If you abide in Me and My words abide in you ask..." To abide in Him means to abide in His will. If I asked for a brand new car and it's according to my selfish desire this is not abiding in Christ.

People here have prayed to him, they have knocked on the door but got no answer despite the promise Jesus made in the gospel. These are not selfish prayers.

"Within this generation..." The generation alive to see his second coming. He lists all the signs that must take place, including the preaching of the gospel to the world.

"Truly I tell you this generation will not pas away until." The generation that is alive to see all the signs coming to pass. Jesus is good because He will fullfill His promise.

Amy you are being highly selective in your verse and very strained in the interpretation you give.

Mat 24: 29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken;

30. then will appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory;

31. and he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

32. "From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near.

33. So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates.

34. Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away till all these things take place.

Jesus does not speak in the future tense, he speaks in the present tense. My own opinion why the gospel s were written long after the event was because Jesus firmly believed in his second coming happening very soon, and so did his disciples, therefore a written book was a waste of time - it didn't happen and so the by the time the gospels were written down they had become distorted in the transmission.

Consider this - why would two disciples of a "loving" god want to incinerate the village in the first place? Is that what hanging around Jeezus™ for too long does to people? Or is that what Jeezus™ taught to them as being a righteous deed to do or thought to think? Being around Jeezus™ for as long as they were, shouldn't they be all peace-n-love, not fire-and-wrath?

James and John were known for their tempers. They were called the sons of thunder. It took time to become peace loving. I can get man because someone cuts me off in traffic while I'm driving and say a few choice words.

Are suggesting there is a valid comparison between your traffic offense and the extermination of men, women and children?

Why? Because I haven't grown enough in my Christ likeness.

You don't have to be follower of Christ to know that the extermination of innocent beings is very wrong. Does this not suggest that fanatical cult leaders have a tendency to also attract fanatics. Look at Ben Laden and the kind he attracts.

Did Jesus make me call down curses? Why do you ignore the part where Jesus rebuked them for suggesting that?

Yes but other towns he did curse, didn't he? Just another example of the fickleness of a cult leader. One day something is wrong and another day its ok, why? because the leader says so and demands unquestioned obedience.

Why do you ignore many scriptures that speak about His compassion and mercy and entire chunks of the Bible where God has mercy on sinners, David, Solomon, Paul, Peter and many more? The city of Ninavah (?sp) The Roman guards who brutalized Him and ALL who simply repent and ask forgiveness. Jesus is good.

The point is we are supposed to be talking about God who is perfect in his attributes. He cannot be a little bit unjust sometimes .....In otherwords we are dealing with something that is not God.

How can Jeezus™ be good when he drowned millions of innocent men, women, and children in a worldwide flood, again, for displeasing him?

In your eyes they were innocent. The Bible says there was great wickedness on the earth and the thoughts of his heart fashioned nothing but wickedness all day long. You don't know what type of wickedness this was. You weren't there to see it. If you have an abcess tooth you have to extract the whole tooth. If not it can infect the entire mouth and bring far more damage.

:twitch:

Okay Amy. I'm saddened by your ignorant and unquestioning belief in the bible. You are unwilling to face the OBVIOUS realities of the book. Especially as you flagrantly ignored my post elsewhere in a thread you've been active in where I bring up the MEANING of the bronze Snake issue that YOU bring up.

You embrace your book, but you DENY it's MEANING. "Great wickedness in the earth" does NOT mean or even IMPLY that all but Noah is awash in wickedness. Or else the book would flat out say that all the world, except Noah, was evil. It DOESN'T say that!

You want to accuse a 6 month old baby of wickedness just so you don't have to imagine the screams and cut off wails of these babies held in their mother's arms as filthy floodwater smacks into their pink little mouths and lungs.

HOW can an INFANT be wicked? Seriously Amy, HOW? Get a grip on reality.

*puts head on MWC's shoulder and cries*

I'm mostly angry at myself for taking the time to talk with her as if she had been as eager to understand us as she claimed to be when she first entered the boards... but still, I'm angry at her, for lying at us, for pretending she wanted to have a discussion with us and then running away or giving uncorrect answers to our questions, or using double standards...

I deeply feel you when you talk about reaching into monitors for some neck grabbing. I'd like to reach into my monitor to bitchslap her with something metallic in or over my hand. Heh, yes, it could be expected - she just used your sentence to attack you as if you were a serial killer or a horrible person or something like that. Maybe one day she'll wake up and discover that admitting and being conscious of your aggressive feelings is healthy, while denying you have ANY kind of aggressive feeling and using sarcasm and sneering systematically acting as if they weren't what they are (ooohh she's so humble... my ass.) is not healthy at all. Passive aggressive.

Thank the Goddess there are so many wonderful creatures inside these boards, no matter their religious beliefs, and they give me faith in my fellow human being! :HappyCry:

"The Son of Man came to serve and not to be served and to give His life as a ransome for many." "You are slaves to sin but He whom the Son sets free is free indeed." "For freedom Christ has set us free."

This is justification of the flood and burning of entire cities and ordering his followers to pillage kill children and rape women HOW?

He was good because He prevented evil from continuing. Lot asked God to spare the city if there was found but one hundred all the way down to ten righteous which he did not find, save Lots family.

He was not good because he, being god, could simply transform the whole population of Sodom in a bunch of righteous men. He COULD... he didn't do it.

In your eyes they were innocent. The Bible says there was great wickedness on the earth and the thoughts of his heart fashioned nothing but wickedness all day long.

He was not good because he, being god, could simply transform the whole population of the World in a bunch of righteous men, women, children, thus avoiding the flood altogether. He COULD... he didn't do it.

He will one day.

Why not now?

Does he get his kicks by seeing us getting tempted, lead astray and tortured forever in hell?

Or CAN'T he do it now for some reason?

But He also gives man free choice, God or Satan.

"You can do whatever you want. Oh btw, if "whatever you want" is not what I like, you'll end up in hell forever. Lol! Pwnd, n00bs!"

Jesus is good because He provided the way out of hell.

Jesus is not good because he could made it so that no one would've EVER go to hell, instead after death becoming perfectly good and without sin, and then going up straight to heaven.

What is better? Me putting you in a pit full of shit, and telling you you have a way to get out - worshipping me forever... or me simply not putting you in a pit full of shit?

He created man with free will to choose Him or Satan. Because they chose Satan, they had to be expelled.

God is allknowing. The moment he created the man and woman, he already knew that they would've been tempted by the talking snake. Has god no problem with the temptation of the man? If he doesn't like it, why didn't he simply avoid putting the talking snake there?

Jesus answers prayers,

Care to prove it?

People that have never heard of Jesus or the Gospel are not held accountable.

2 things. This is completely extrabiblical and has no basis other than it makes people feel ok about a god that would condemn people whose only "crime" was not hearing about the gospels. Essentially, it highlights a HUGE injustice of the absolutist system that is Christianity and so people come up this, completely unjustified, excuse. And second, that would mean that the entire Missionary system is at fault, as these "ignorant" masses would be better off NEVER having heard, because once you inform them they are damned if they don't believe this stuff.

Good luck Amy...

IMOHO,

:thanks:

*puts head on MWC's shoulder and cries*

:HappyCry::thanks:

I'm mostly angry at myself for taking the time to talk with her as if she had been as eager to understand us as she claimed to be when she first entered the boards... but still, I'm angry at her, for lying at us, for pretending she wanted to have a discussion with us and then running away or giving uncorrect answers to our questions, or using double standards...

I deeply feel you when you talk about reaching into monitors for some neck grabbing. I'd like to reach into my monitor to bitchslap her with something metallic in or over my hand. Heh, yes, it could be expected - she just used your sentence to attack you as if you were a serial killer or a horrible person or something like that. Maybe one day she'll wake up and discover that admitting and being conscious of your aggressive feelings is healthy, while denying you have ANY kind of aggressive feeling and using sarcasm and sneering systematically acting as if they weren't what they are (ooohh she's so humble... my ass.) is not healthy at all. Passive aggressive.

I spent the better part of a year in a rage because of someone like this. I still get angry over her. She has the magic "power" over me. I see Amy possesses many of the same "tricks." I'm not emotionally attached to Amy, however, so I can see her for what she is and not let it get to me (I just started seeing myself in you and thought I'd speak up. :) ).

It seems we're one of the few people left that feel we can actually say something and not go do it. Hear that Amy? Neither of us are planning anything. We were just venting our frustrations. Of course if I were jesus and not only said something horrible, but did it too (or much worse actually), I'd be considered loving beyond understanding but what do I know? :shrug:

Thank the Goddess there are so many wonderful creatures inside these boards, no matter their religious beliefs, and they give me faith in my fellow human being! :HappyCry:

I think you've put your faith in the right place..even with all our mistakes. No promises but we try. :)

mwc

I knew this would happen. More questions with more hatred piled on top of every post. You will never be satisfied unless I agree with you distorted image of Jesus. It's futile battle. Your argument has always been with Jesus Himself.

Well, now that you seem to be in a question answering mood I figure I'd ask a question before you get too defensive again.

You seem to be caught up in "free will." From what I can see you define free will (loosely from your previous answers) as the freedom to choose between jesus (good) and satan (evil). This would be evident in the garden as A & E choosing to listen to the snake ("Satan"/evil) and eating the fruit. Without this free will we would be, in essence, "robots" of sorts and this is not what god wants as he could have simply created robots.

So tell me then, which is the evil choice: pie or cake? Vanilla or chocolate? Left or right? Up or down? There are infinite choices to be made and none of them involve good versus evil nor are we reduced to simple "robots" by the removal of "evil" as an option. There might be choices that are "better" than others depending on how you define "better" but "good" or "evil" need not play a role.

So in all cases where "evil"/Satan had to be left in play so that mankind could have "free will" is not logical. To remove "evil" from an infinite number of options leaves us with an infinite number of options left at our disposal. Free will is still functional or am I missing something?

mwc

I knew this would happen. More questions with more hatred piled on top of every post. You will never be satisfied unless I agree with you distorted image of Jesus. It's futile battle. Your argument has always been with Jesus Himself.

No Amy, you haven't given one reasonable argument to convert back to Christianity. We're only pointing you to where you have misunderstood your "savior". You think you have everything figured out, but you don't. Because every tricky question we give you, you avoid with the same kind of response you give above.

Our problem is not with Jesus or with the Bible per se, but with people that maintain a literal interpretation of the Bible. Many can be religious, and believe in a God and a Jesus that is disconnected from the literal understanding of the Bible. But you can't, which means you have to own up to what the literal interpretation of the Bible really means. And you don't. You just keep on dodging the questions with emotional responses.

The problem is, whenever I disagree with you you think I don't respect you. On these boards it seems like there's no concept such as "lets agree to disagree."

Bullshit. Ask yourself why christians, atheists, and odinists, are all offended or saddened by your behaviour. I don't agree with openminded about the existence of the christian god, but I respect her and (I hope) she respects me and other atheists here as well. Be HONEST for once and ask yourself why I can get along with openminded but can't get along with YOU - you two are both christians, aren't you?

I would like to say goodbye to this thread on a peace note.

Since you ignored every point I made, your peace note sounds utterly fake to me: how is ignoring other people peaceful? Bahhh just go to christianforums - that's the place for you.

Sparrow asked: 1. What are the basics precepts of Christian eschatology?

There are different beliefs amoung various denominations concerning how the end times will actually unfold. In particular, the Great Tribulation, when or has it already happened? The Anti-Christ: is he literal or symbolic? This is of minor importance. The manner of Christ coming is a major doctrine within the Christian faith. Christ will return physically. Every eye will see Him. The faithful will be "caught up" to meet Him in the Heavens. He will come again to judge the living and the dead.

I know my English is not perfect but I think it is good-enough to say – please read the question again.

I asked, and I repeat myself, “What are the basic precepts of Christian eschatology?”

It is not a trick question, nor is the answer philosophical.

Sparrow Asked: 2. Where in the Bible is the “rapture” explained?

The"rapture" is not a term found in the Bible. I believe the term means "caught up." This belief is based on 1 Cor 15: 51-53 and also some of Jesus' statements about the manner of His coming.

Why do you ask?

More than “not a term found in the Bible”! It is entirely non-Biblical!

On top of this, I’d suggest you go read Corinthians as well as some non-christian related material on the origins of the fallacious “rapture”.

Also, justifying the rapture with Corinthians and any number of other biblical versus is a common Christian exercise – usually associated with evangelicals.

So it is clear, you are an evangelical – which explains why you are on this site.

Sparrow

This is laughable. Your image of Jesus is entirely distored anyway.

Additionally, there has never been an argument with "Jesus" - there has been, on numerous threads and on numerous occasions, an inordinate number of attempts to have a logical discusion with you.

Unless of course you claim you were driven by th "hold spirit", which clearly was a complete waste of time.

Sparrow

The problem is, whenever I disagree with you you think I don't respect you. On these boards it seems like there's no concept such as "lets agree to disagree."

Bullshit. Ask yourself why christians, atheists, and odinists, are all offended or saddened by your behaviour. I don't agree with openminded about the existence of the christian god, but I respect her and (I hope) she respects me and other atheists here as well. Be HONEST for once and ask yourself why I can get along with openminded but can't get along with YOU - you two are both christians, aren't you?

Amen! Allow me to jump on THIS particular band wagon, for I was HOPING it would drive by!

Amy Marie, do a little bit of research and note for the record how many times I've argued with Open_Minded. You will find that I only gave O_M grief when she FIRST came to these boards. But once she demonstrated to me that her CHRISTIAN beliefs were solid and NOT FOUNDED in lunacy, I backed off. As a matter of fact, I find myself sitting back and cheering O_M and her words of wisdom.

And let me say it again, in case you missed it...OPEN_MINDED is a CHRISTIAN and I am an ATHEIST!

It is possible to respect a PERSON even though you disagree with their views. To me, Open_Minded is one of THE MOST HEALTHY "God-believers" I have ever encountered. So I have ZERO reason to take umbrage with her religious beliefs. The two of us have long ago decided to "agree to disagree".

You, Amy, on the other hand, strike me as being typically disturbed in your faith. You come off as deranged and even dangerous, just like your Fundy/Literalist brethren. So I've got a BIG problem with you.

It's really not your "Jesus" that we have a problem with. (We keep telling you that we don't even believe in him!) It's YOU and your bizarre behavior/beliefs surrounding "Jesus" that set our teeth on edge.

Please...If you've NEVER understood ANYTHING else I've posted to you...PLEASE understand THIS!