Goodbye Jesus

Why Should I Worship Jeezus(tm) And Not Odin?

Lycorth

^..^

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lycorth

• Ouroboros

• Asuryan

• Asimov

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I’m going to tell why I left Christianity Amy-Marie.

Whoah! :blink:

Now that's a load of shit you've been going through! I've read many sad stories, but this one...

((((((((((Sparrow))))))))))

Nice research, but it's only one impression. The thing about the old Odinic beliefs is that they were never dogmatic, so one person could postulate something, and someone else could postulate another, and there really wasn't any real way to tell the two apart. [...]

Nothing to add to all that. Good job brother :)

(Taylor, sorry for not having answered myself, but don't forget that I'm in timezone GMT+1... currently it's almost 5 am over here, I just got up not too long ago ;) )

Well I’m going to tell why I left Christianity Amy-Marie. .....

Sparrow.... :HappyCry: - I am so sorry. :(

And your words of wisdom to Amy in the face of your own pain and disillusionment ... I respect you beyond measure.

(sigh) and now onto other things (sigh)

(Mr. Grinch)
QUOTE(Asuryan @ Jun 26 2006, 01:00 PM)
QUOTE(amy marie @ Jun 26 2006, 07:59 PM) The problem is, whenever I disagree with you you think I don't respect you. On these boards it seems like there's no concept such as "lets agree to disagree."
Bullshit. Ask yourself why christians, atheists, and odinists, are all offended or saddened by your behaviour. I don't agree with openminded about the existence of the christian god, but I respect her and (I hope) she respects me and other atheists here as well. Be HONEST for once and ask yourself why I can get along with openminded but can't get along with YOU - you two are both christians, aren't you?
Amen! Allow me to jump on THIS particular band wagon, for I was HOPING it would drive by!

Amy Marie, do a little bit of research and note for the record how many times I've argued with Open_Minded. You will find that I only gave O_M grief when she FIRST came to these boards. But once she demonstrated to me that her CHRISTIAN beliefs were solid and NOT FOUNDED in lunacy, I backed off. As a matter of fact, I find myself sitting back and cheering O_M and her words of wisdom.

(Varokhar)
(Amy Marie)Everyone:

See this is typical of you. I answer your questions and because it not the answer you want ~ anger and more anger. It's like a child who can't have his favorite candy and throws a temper tantrum.

This is not haalthy. The more we get into this discussion the more disturbing some of you come across. I have never encountered so much hostility and anger in a group of people just because a person doesn't share the same religious believes. You all need to lighten up and go take a walk in the sunshine before you pop a blood vessel.

The next outpouring of obsenities, blasphemy, name calling, and all the "kind" things you would like to do to someone who simply doesn't agree with your view point only proves I speak the truth.

When are you going to stop bullying people like your some street gang and act like civilized adults or are you all a bunch of teenagers? Normal people can talk peacefully to each other. But for crying out loud, do you have to hurl obsenties and treat a person like crap because they are different and they happen to cross your idea of the way you view Christianity?

You really must be struggling with the decision you have made to write Jesus out of your life because people who scream the loudest and display anger, that's usually a sign of insecurity.

Hopefully the hate Jesus club is just a passing fad and we will greet each other on the other side in peace and love.

But the way things are right now, oil and vinegar don't mix.

.....And there are people here who cross my idea of what Xianity is, like Open_Minded. I understand her position and disagree wholly with her religious choices, but I don't attack her for it. I commend her, rather, for at least interpreting her religion in a more moral way. You on the other hand posit a religion full of eternal torture for unbelievers and innocent beings whose only crime is displeasing your god - why should that not upset us? We understand you don't know any better, but we are not robots. We have emotions, and while they are not proof of anything, they flare up whenever someone tries to feed us shit.

Wow everyone ... tears again ... and my ears weren't even burning. I do respect ALL of you. Thank you for the kind words.

Amy ... it seems you have abandoned the boards ... last activity was in this thread yesterday morning at 2:08 a.m. (sigh)

See the thing is Amy ... it is possible to "agree to disagree" on this board. People here may be hard-hitting. They may use obsenities, they may do many aggressive things that you are uncomfortable with. But, it does not reflect a struggle with a decision "to write Jesus" out of their lives. It may - in fact be a response to narrow-mindedness.

This board is filled with a wide mix of people. There are Atheists and Agnostics. There are Pagans, Buddhists, Hindus, and yes there are even a few Christians.

Those of us who are able to connect with each other, those of us who are able to "agree to disagree" ask only a few things. They are as follows:

1. Be Honest - with yourself and with others.
  2. THINK - Damn it - think
  3. Respect others who think
  4. Support others in thier own thinking and searching

That's it, Amy. Others may be able to add more, but in my mind that's about it.

Antlerman summed it up another way yesterday, in a post you've probably missed:

One last and finally time I will say this, when at some point in your life you can see there is a world outside the walls of the Church, you can see us there and have some sense in your own spirit of appreciation for us: To listen to others who share themselves; to learn from them; to share yourself with them, to be heard by them.

You came to us to share, but not to listen. I hope that day comes for you Amy. You have a spirit that is capable of flight. I am not outside the aviary of the Church in darkness, but in the endless daylight. You need to look through that window.

I hope you do come back to the boards, Amy. I really do - because I see more potential in you than you may realize. I've been hard-hitting myself - but I have never taken any joy in it. As a matter of fact, I've intentionally told you that I feel saddness in seeing what I see in you.

Someday - you may realize the pain you have brought upon yourself, you may be willing to take off the sackcloth and join in life to the fullest - the exploration for answers to questions EVERY human asks. And you may reach a point where you can truly see that EVERY human has to come to their own answers - that you can't put the answers in a nice little convenient box. I hope that day is soon.

Spatz/Sparrow. I'm sorry for all that happened to you. Did you write your ex-imony yet? I have to go and take a look. I had a disaster happened in my family too, but not as drastic as yours. But my feelings go out to you and the family you have left.

(((hugs)))

Hans

Thanks Hans-Solo.

It's a little hard to qrite about - it is diffiucult.

I appreciate the thoughts.

Thanks

Sparrow

My deepest condolences, Sparrow. That's truly a tragedy.

And yes, I'm more than willing to give amy that chance. It could well be that she's slipping in her faith, and that is why she's drawn here. Even if she doesn't realize it yet - when I was Xian, I was drawn to lots of non-xian and anti-xian things. I had a fascination with them and the people who promoted them - and deep down, I knew I had a fascination with their views, and did find myself agreeing.

One day, I just had to be honest with myself and cut the crap. Maybe one day, amy will too.

Varokhar, you're a good man.

To be truthful I've no idea if Amy-Marie is slippling from the faith - I hope for her sake she is. Another human being who has discovered reality!

I just hope she realizes, that whatever her choice, she has to stop preeching and above all be honest.

Thanks for your reply.

Sparrow

You’re amongst friends and we’ll always tell you the truth.

Spatz.

Sorry - writting about this situation set me off - difficult it is, and to be sure I have problem remembering.

"Spatz" is the endearment from my husband - it is hard to remember him.

I use sparrow now, as it is easier.

I thank you all for your understanding - I am grateful I found this web-site.

Sorry if my English is bad - it must be funny though being so crappy - :-)

Spatz - Sparrow

sorry, i'm new here and i didn't take the time to read through this entire posts because, to me the answer seems obvious. odin is just a myth. no one ever touched his pierced hands or side. no one ever heard his wonderful words of love pour from his divine mouth. there is no historical record of the life of odin told by reliable eyewitnesses. and today, nobody is matryred for their belief in odin. people won't die for absolute lies. i know youll probably mention suicide bombers dying for allah, and while islam is a lie it is built on a solid framework of judochristianity so can you really blame them for believing it? it's the truth with a few changes, like mormons and jehova witnesses.

the whole point is that we can all feel the love of jesus because it's real. all you have to do is look at the cross to see it. nobody feels odin's love because he isn't real and never was. plus wasn't odin all warlike and threw lightning bolts at farmers or something? why would you worship that over the beautiful, loving savior Christ?

Hi Maddie,

I hope you can make through your batism of fire.

Maddie, Jesus is not real. Maybe he was a person for real, but the stories are just embellished myth.

sorry, i'm new here and i didn't take the time to read through this entire posts because, to me the answer seems obvious. odin is just a myth. no one ever touched his pierced hands or side. no one ever heard his wonderful words of love pour from his divine mouth. there is no historical record of the life of odin told by reliable eyewitnesses. and today, nobody is matryred for their belief in odin. people won't die for absolute lies. i know youll probably mention suicide bombers dying for allah, and while islam is a lie it is built on a solid framework of judochristianity so can you really blame them for believing it? it's the truth with a few changes, like mormons and jehova witnesses.

the whole point is that we can all feel the love of jesus because it's real. all you have to do is look at the cross to see it. nobody feels odin's love because he isn't real and never was. plus wasn't odin all warlike and threw lightning bolts at farmers or something? why would you worship that over the beautiful, loving savior Christ?

Uh...yeah. Very...moving testimony, Maddie. Might I suggest you run along now? Since you obviously have nothing of substance to add to this discussion. :twitch:

Better still, I invite you to examine this thread here ==> The Specious Love Of God. But be warned before you enter The Lion's Den...I'm exceedingly brutal with foolish posters. :wicked:

Take care.

sorry, i'm new here and i didn't take the time to read through this entire posts because, to me the answer seems obvious. odin is just a myth. no one ever touched his pierced hands or side. no one ever heard his wonderful words of love pour from his divine mouth.
I have very good reason to think that you are in error, Maddie. I took the surname "Odinsdóttir" for a reason -- I honour Odin as the ancestor of my family line, and I have had spiritual experiences that I connect with him.

Oh, and I call him 'Dad'. :grin:

As for the piercing ignorance you display regarding the Allfather, I just have this to say about that:

Veit ek at ek hekk

vindga meiði á

nætr allar níu

geiri undaðr

ok gefinn Óðni

sjálfr sjálfum mér

á þeim meiði

er manngi veit

hvers hann af rótum renn.

"Geiri undaðr" = "Wounded with a spear." For nine days.

Now, please go and read the rest of this thread and the many fine X-timonies before you comment further. May I also suggest that you do some readings in the Eddas, particularly Hávamál.

Maddie, Jesus is not real. Maybe he was a person for real, but the stories are just embellished myth.

that would be much easier to believe if i hadn't personally met him. i know hes real. i have felt his power and his love. i have seen miracles done in his name. i have seen demons cast out in his name. he has anyswered my prayers time and time again. i have far more proof that hes real then I do that your real. no offense.

Good for you. But I don't buy it.

Lets turn the table around.

Since I'm less real than Jesus, that means you're less real to me too. Meaning your testimony is from a less real person, which makes your testimony also less real. Not until I can be as real as you, can you be as real as me, and your testimony have any value at all. Ergo, you can't prove I exist, I can't prove you exist, your testimony is moot.

Jesus love is the onlt thing of substance in this whole world. without it you are nothing and your words are nothing, but ill visit your other thread. im sure jesus love is needed there as well.

:lmao::lmao:

We've got a live one, boys and girls! THIS ought to be good for a few laughs! I'll try not to abuse this one, like I did with Amy Marie.

No promises, though. :wicked:

Well, Grinch, you can always try... or maybe not... hehe

^..^

i agree that we are both less real then Jesus. whats your point?

You don't get it? What the heck does your belief mean anything to me, since you're not real?

^..^

No Jesus is not real. He might be real to you. But he's not real, for real. It's your mind playing tricks with you to make you think he's real. What a beautiful mind...

I can levitate too.

And I talked to this person that had a friend that got healed from cancer too, by becoming a vegetarian. It must be the vegetable god that did it.

^..^

I love this. Why are there so many of these clueless little assholes lately? There have been more in the last few weeks, than in the first months that I started coming here. Is it the season or something?

it wasnt my mind that cured a friends cancer OVERNITE! it wasn't my mind that almost totally levitated me off the ground. it wasnt my mind that mad me quit drugs again OVERnite and i have never went back to them or men.

Yes. YES, it was.

if my mind could do that then why didnt I do it before I got Jesus in my heart?

Because you didn't have jesus in your mind back then. Duh. But that's the only place he is. He's in your mind, and nowhere else.

1. it wasnt my mind that cured a friends cancer OVERNITE! it wasn't my mind that almost totally levitated me off the ground.

2. it wasnt my mind that mad me quit drugs again OVERnite and i have never went back to them or men. if my mind could do that then why didnt I do it before I got Jesus in my heart?

1. No it wasn't your mind that cured a friend's cancer. However, that doesn't mean that Jeus did. You may not have noticed that human bodies have the capacity to heal. And unless your friend had examinations 2 days in a row you don't know if s/he healed overnight.

2. I won't burden you with my troubles, but Jesus never took any of them away in 30+ years of devotion to him. What makes you so special? Why do you or your friend deserve such blessings when so many go without? The best I can conclude from your testimony is that if Jesus is real, Jesus loves you but not me and a couple of billion others.

I'm glad that you have found relief. Being crazy is not all that much fun. I don't mind if you want to blame your relief on Jesus. I do mind that you should think your relief ought to be proof of anything to me, or anyone else on this board who probably have had a great deal more experience with Jesus than you have.

does it make you feel good to curse at a 35 yr old woman? what if someone talked to your mother this way? i hope you treat your mother better. we both know your religion is just a myth from a time before we knew there was one god. polythism is silly and you know it, you just say you believe it to make christians angry. one of the fruits of the spirit is peace, which i have in abundunce.
Fuck you, little girl. (sayeth the 48-year-old valkyrie bitch)

I curse you in my own name and in the name of each and every one of my kinsmen who fell in battle against the Christian invaders who ravaged my homeland. May your 'faith' turn into a never-ending nightmare from which you awaken screaming into sweet rationality. May your own words deconvert two for every one you attempt to frighten into Christianity. And may you see only truth, for good and for ill.

(Side note to fellow Asatruar: I am now taking seiðr requests, PM me with your "wish list".)

but chef, did you ever really give jesus your whole heart and totally repent of all sin? what denomination were you in? did you ever get the gift of tongues? did the spirit come into you and change you immediately? if no to any of those you may never have been a christian.

Ooooh boy. You're in for a ride little girl. (I'm 40).

I spoke and still can speak in tongues. For about 25 years. And you?

Have you gone on mission trips yet? Have you knocked on doors and evangelized yet? Have you fasted for a week and been in prayer? Have you been in a prayer marathon yet?

Have you had 20,000 people (or more, worldwide) and the President of America pray for you and your family yet? (without any answer from God, mind you)

are you trying to convince me your are possessed of a demon? its working.

:lmao: That's a keeper!

does it make you feel good to curse at a 35 yr old woman? what if someone talked to your mother this way?

We don't care how old you are. Disrespect is disrespect, no matter your age. And I haven't been here for a long time, but I know one thing, it's that people on this forum will only respect those who are respectful in the first place.

i hope you treat your mother better.

I'm sure he does.

we both know your religion is just a myth from a time before we knew there was one god.

How idiotic. YOU obviously don't know that your religion is just a myth copied off other myths, and that there are dozens of stories that use EXACTLY the same elements, but were written thousands of years before the new T. It's just a rehash, and not a very good one either.

polythism is silly and you knwo it, you just say you believe it to make christians angry.

You obviously don't know that YOUR OWN RELIGION started off with polytheism. Get this.

Once upon a time people were worshipping 3 gods. One of them was Isis the virgin, another was Amen-Ra, and the last was named El.

Now pay attention.

Isis+ Amen-RA+ EL= God of Israel. OHHHHHHH!!! That's right. I bet someone feels real stupid right now.

But that's not all. Your lttle "trinity" doctrine... well, it's polytheism too, no matter how you try to look at it. Of course, you can also just close your eyes and pretend.

Maybe before calling something dumb, you should make sure you don't believe that exact thing, first. Because if you do, that means you're dumb too, right? Right.

god see into the heart. if he knows your going to grow up to be evil its okay if he kills you as a baby if its part of his plan.

That's retarded and twisted. He creates people just so he can horribly kill them? And you support that? You're just as sick and twisted as the monster you worship. Good thing he's not real, and you're not all powerful.

because jesus didnt sin.

Actually, Jesus sins quite a lot in the bible. Working on the sabbat, getting angry, stealing, and more, those are all sins according to the bible. And don't give me the "its ok if he does it because he's god" bullshit. If sin is bad and goes against god's will, then that makes jesus just as guilty as everybody else.

is it necessary to be so crass? god doesn't create every single instance of evil, but he did create the whole ball of wax and evil has become a part of it because of man.

But he knew that beforehand, so he couldve stopped it, but he didn't. Which means he supports evil.

i already said that evil must serve a greater purpose in the big picture as a necessary product of free will.

A greater purpose?

Yeah, just so your sick god can torture people forever.

Also, free will doesn't equal evil. He could have only made it posible to choose between actions that are good. There you go, still have free will, but no evil.

Oh, and the bible doesn't support free will. At all. According to it, we are mere puppets and god pulls all the strings. There is not a single verse that supports the concept of "free will". But there are many where god actually makes people do evil things just so he can feel justified to fuck with them afterwards.

we prayed for her and the next day a complete remission. what else could it have been? if i pray to god ofr a 78 chevy nova and the next morning theres one parked in my driveway, id say thats pretty good proof that god answers prayers.

So if someone goes to a buddhist temple and prays to their god for a miracle, and it is granted, it is proof that their religion is true?

sounds to me like the enemy tempted you with feelings of pleasure and you fell for it.

If your god was truely a good designer, then feeling of pleasure could NEVER EVER lead to something he considers evil.

that would be much easier to believe if i hadn't personally met him.

Great what did he look like?

but chef, did you ever really give jesus your whole heart and totally repent of all sin? what denomination were you in? did you ever get the gift of tongues? did the spirit come into you and change you immediately? if no to any of those you may never have been a christian.

:lmao:

I'm sorry for laughing at you, Maddie! I really am. But it's either laughter or get angry, and I think I've spent all my angry coins this week on your brethren.

So...you're Charismatic/Pentecostal, are you? So was I. So were a LOT of us. Do you know that the Baptists and Presbyterians consider you and your ilk a CULT? In other words NOT TRUE CHRISTIANS?

What's my point? Only this: Don't EVER trot out that stupid, "You were NEVER a True Christian!" fallacy against us! Because we can throw it right back at you! According to EVERY Christian denomination, all the OTHER denominations are "false", and only THEY have the Truth™. And that is plain STUPID!

Maddie, maybe you should just back off for a while and do some reading around these boards. You will find that we have ALREADY beaten all of these dead horse arguments of yours to DEATH. Your continued ignorance and regurgitation of foolishness will do nothing but anger the board members. And no good will come of it. Just mud slinging and name calling.

And we don't want that? Now do we? :wicked: